23rd MoFo Hall of Fame

Tools    

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Le Samouraļ (1967)

Also a rewatch but one that worked even better on a second time.

This film is so freaking cool! This is a film on solitude, more than anything. The colours, the music, the long silent scenes, the looks that say everything, everything is so well planned and executed, everything shows how sad the world of each one these characters is.

Then you have of course a very good plot, perfectly paced. The first act hits you like a hammer and then it's just a game of patience and intelligence. On the acting, I especially loved Alain Delon as Jeff Costello and Rosier as the sexy femme fatale.

This rewatch just bumped this into my All-Time Top 100 and to one of my favourite french films ever.

-

Women will be your undoing, Pépé

The Skin I Live In aka La piel que habito

Profesora de Yoga en TV: There's a place where you can take refuge. A place inside you, a place to which no one else has access, a place that no one can destroy.

Holy f@ckin sh#t!

What a very beautiful and engrossing cerebral mind f@ck this was and quite the excellent finale to this Hall of Fame.
This is my very first Pedro Almodóvar film and I'm quite curious and little worried about that curiosity to witness more of his work. Causing an underlying. . . not dread nor trepidation, but something akin to being lost in the unknown that instantly feels intimate and subconsciously familiar.
That sensation took root at the very start of the film with the home/clinic/holding cell that had a mixture of cold methodical architecture whos walls are lined with sensual paintings. Giving the eye both a warning and an invitation to this dwelling and it's denizens.

Shot extremely well, that even the disturbing subject matter held a fixed fascination. And when the twist is brought into play and the proverbial other shoe echoes in both the mind and the body I was completely hooked into the premise and what was to occur next in regards to the "prisoner/patient" being held in the Doctor's home.
And I very much loved the ending.

BRAVO @Miss Vicky, you delightfully sick b#tch you

The best for last, my dear, ALWAYS the best for last
If only your ballot said the same...

Just waiting on a correction from @jiraffejustin so I can finalize the points.

Also if everyone cool with it I was thinking of green lighting the 24th Hall of Fame on New Year's Day thread wise.

Eh...that's like six weeks some people finished this in October

14th Place

Yellow Submarine
(George Dunning, 1968)
Nominated By: @HashtagBrownies
(1 fourth place, 1 ninth, 1 tenth, 4 thirteenth, 7 fourteenth)

I was one of the seven that had Yellow Submarine last, though the last few on my ballot were fairly interchangeable for me.