MOBSTERS (1991)

Tools    

"That may be, but I've got the Falcon."

Hey, dudes. So at Wal*Mart one day several years ago during my Godfather/Puzo phase, I found this flick in the bargain bin and it looked neat. I liked the movie, but most critics didn’t and it didn’t make a profit with Slater being “miscast” and the near-parody tones.

Over time, I became more fascinated with mobsters and soaked in a ton of documentaries (Inside the American Mob), the other movies and whatnot. I wound up selling my copy to a trade-in joint (big regret, miss most and have since replaced what I sold), and something reminded me of it the other day, so I bought the blu ray and it arrived today.

I remember the dvd being from that stock of DVDs that weren’t so nice-looking compared to nicer DVDs and of course blu rays. Looking forward to seeing how nice it looks, as it was always a nice costume and New York-y flick.

Did you like it?

I was recalling moments that I liked and that really compelled me to buy it again. The cast has some bright spots and the action is pretty cool and brutal at times. I liked Mad Dog and when Lucky gets captured, the sets, etc.

6/10, for me. Decent fun. Not overlong.

Indeed a decent watch back in '91, wouldn't watch it again though.

If you like the Lucky Luciano story try; Lucky Luciano (1973) and BoardWalk Empire.
Or if you like Christian Slater try 'Mr. Robot' with Rami Malek & Joey Bada$$.