Drag Me To Hell

Tools    

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1127180/

Trailer: http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer...o-hell/trailer

This looks so freaking great, and I'm really looking foward to it. It looks like it's going to be as great as the Evil Dead series. I hope it turns out as great as I'm expecting it to be though.

I wouldn't say it looks as good as the Evil Dead series (that's impossible!), but it does look great.

I am so glad Raimi is going back to do a horror movie.

We need some solid horror from someone who knows how to wield it.

Step aside, Rob Zombie...here comes a master.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I think this is going to be an amazing movie

But horror's can look awesome in trailer's and then suck, but I have high hope's for the return for Raimi getting back into horror

Let's try to be broad-minded about this
The concept of Raimi coming back to do a horror movie is really exciting but the trailer didn't look like anything special but i will still definitely have to see it.

This looks like every other horror movie that's been out in the last six years.

Honestly, the commercials show all these praises, like "best horror film of the year". It doesn't look special at all!

Well, I guess I should give it a chance anyway

This movie is one of my most anticipated for the year.

JoBlo posted up a great review. I can't post a link cause of my post count, but head over there and check it out, there will be a link of their homepage.

They gave it 9/10 and called it a new horror classic

I love me some Raimi - and I will certainly see this, but (yes there is a but) it appears to be a bit contrived.

To be honest I don't really understand the hype? I mean it looks like a decent horror but the plot isn't exactly new or anything.
It's a combination of affective advertising and Sam Raimi. I acknowledge that you feel it looks only decent, but the general consensus is that the film looks great and the trailer was quite brilliant. The marketing behind the film has been great as a whole. I know your probably thinking "what would you know about advertising?" but I work in advertising for a living and I know what it takes to make a good marketing campaign like Drag Me to Hell's.

The second point is that its Sam Raimi. I personally think he's horror movies, like Evil Dead, are extremely over-rated and I'm not a big fan of them, but I understand he's contribution to film and pop culture and because of this is why I'm excited. I understand he is a great director and I will get excited for almost anything he makes just in hope that it impresses me.

This is just why I think its getting such massive hype.

You want to post like me?
You're right that these factors probably are the reason for the hype. But the question is whether the movie deserves the hype, and judging from the trailer it merely looks like another horror to me. There's nothing really original there. Any horror movie I would randomly pick up could revolve around the exact same plot; "Lady gets a curse put on her".
Granted, my knowledge of horror movies is very limited but at least movies like The Village and Blair Witch Project were original.

You're right that these factors probably are the reason for the hype. But the question is whether the movie deserves the hype, and judging from the trailer it merely looks like another horror to me. There's nothing really original there. Any horror movie I would randomly pick up could revolve around the exact same plot; "Lady gets a curse put on her".
Granted, my knowledge of horror movies is very limited but at least movies like The Village and Blair Witch Project were original.
I definately agree with you there. The film doesn't seem overly original. However, it is very hard to do anything original with horror these days, every idea has been done 50 times before. I guess thats why it would bother you more then it would a horror fantatic, they are use to the same ideas over and over again, but for someone that doesn't watch a lot of horror, then this film will feel very unoriginal.