MoFo Fantasy Football 2014 - SIGNUPS

Tools    

Well, big ol' Daddy Earth done went and made another trip around the sun. And the most important thing about this grand celestial dance is, of course: MORE FANTASY FOOTBALL.

What's all this now?

For those of you who don't know, we run a fantasy football league here. This will be its seventh year, and it is awesome. We play with 12 or 14 teams, we have a very high retention rate, and despite the fact that there isn't any money on the line, almost everyone is highly engaged and competitive. And I buy one of these for the winner every year:

Can I join?

Well, first of all, this is a Movie Forums league, so while are welcome, heavy preference is given to longtime owners and MoFo regulars. And over the last few years we've been leaning more towards the latter, to make sure we get some new people in each year, so if you've never played but you're pretty active on the site, you've definitely got a shot, since a handful of the longtime owners aren't around much.

Where are my keys?

You left them on the end table.

How do I sign up?

Just reply in this thread and say you'd like to play, and you'll be considered based on all the stuff I mentioned above. You may or may not get in, but there's no shame in asking.

Oh, one more thing I forgot to mention: our friendly neighborhood TONGO runs a spillover PPR league each year, and a handful of MoFos play in both, I believe, so even if you don't make it into this one, you can still join in the fun.

Let the night air cool you off
Pfft. I should've mailed the trophy to Jamaal Charles, for all the managing you had to do last year.
Hey, man... watch it. I pulled off the trade of the season. Getting Andrew Luck for Eli Manning after week one.

Was looking at the 2014 players page, and I think this is the first time Ive seen no quarterbacks listed in the first round. Peytons ranked 15th overall. Hm!

Missed last year and haven't been too active on the site lately, but would love if there is room for Hired Goons again this year

Definitely in. The wife is not, however. So, there is a spot open.

I would love to play again if there is room.

Oh so close last year! 2nd place! I will not brag or b.s. anyone, I hope I draft well. Its pretty much 75% of your season. Dont think ill be able to stumble into "Brees to Graham" again. Siiiiiigh! That was so damn fun having a winning fantasy football team

4 weeks

Well heres a frightening lil discovery. I know little about the current NFL landscape, and let Yahoo auto-select a team for me in a 14 team mock draft.........

1. Jimmy Graham (NO - TE)
2. Alshon Jeffery (Chi - WR)
3. Keenan Allen (SD - WR)
4. Rashad Jennings (NYG - RB)
5. Joique Bell (Det - RB)
6. Nick Foles (Phi - QB)
7. Riley Cooper (Phi - WR)
8. Kansas City (KC - DEF)
9. Justin Tucker (Bal - K)
10. DeAngelo Williams (Car - RB)
11. Ryan Tannehill (Mia - QB)
12. Justin Hunter (Ten - WR)
13. Andrew Hawkins (Cle - WR)
14. Marcedes Lewis (Jax - TE)
15. Baltimore (Bal - DEF)

I think Ill be at the draft.

Oh so close last year! 2nd place! I will not brag or b.s. anyone, I hope I draft well. Its pretty much 75% of your season. Dont think ill be able to stumble into "Brees to Graham" again. Siiiiiigh! That was so damn fun having a winning fantasy football team

4 weeks
I hear ya - I knew I had a winning team last year. My third place should not be poo pooed away.