Welcome To Our Nightmare: A Terror and Wooley Horror Show

Tools    

I just wanted little sea monkeys to call my own. Whatever it took.
I'm assuming the Sea Monkeys had open marriage you could insert yourself into? I mean, they don't even wear clothes, I'd guess they'd be liberal in other matters as well.

Either that or you were the new dad to the little Sea Monkeys and that deadbeat swine Mr. Sea Monkey was thrown out on his ass.

I'm assuming the Sea Monkeys had open marriage you could insert yourself into? I mean, they don't even wear clothes, I'd guess they'd be liberal in other matters as well.

Either that or you were the new dad to the little Sea Monkeys and that deadbeat swine Mr. Sea Monkey was thrown out on his ass.
Did you move into the castle, JJ?

They were supposed to be "so eager to please". That's all I'm saying.

They were supposed to be "so eager to please". That's all I'm saying.
I assume you were a better provider than Mr. Sea Monkey, who couldn't even afford to clothe his family.

I assume you were a better provider than Mr. Sea Monkey, who couldn't even afford to clothe his family.
Turns out that I'm an excellent provider for my Sasha Kitty.

Victim of The Night
I was introduced to Roky Erickson because of the most poignant moment in the masterpiece that is The Return Of The Living Dead.
Here I sit, a vampire, at my piano...

Victim of The Night
When ghosts and goblins by the score ring the bell on your front door, you'd better not be stingy or your nightmares will come true...

Thanks to frequent TV airings during my teen years, I actually saw Creepshow 2 a couple of times before I saw the original. I liked it at the time, so I'm easier on it than most.
Of course, when I finally got around to watching the first film I was like, "Oh, this is way better." But yeah, I don't hate the sequel.

Compared to the original Creepshow, the sequel sucks.

But both The Raft and The Hitchhiker are solid (comic book) stories. The Raft, no matter its limitations (and moral failings), works as much anxiety out of its silly premise as I could expect from a B level horror anthology. And The Hitcher, works its one punchline over and over again, with such nightmarishly repetitive insistence, that it becomes pretty funny.

Chief Woodenhead isn't much. But even that really isn't terrible.

What's terrible is the episodes of the Creepshow television show I've seen.

I found the segments in the sequel played out very flatly, without the dynamism or sense of arc or strong punchlines of the original. I read a Letterboxd review that describes them as having a "two act structure" and I think that hits the nail on the head. "The Raft" at least has some memorable images, so it's easily the best of the three.

Also, the animated bits looked teeeeeeeeeeeeerrible. Yeesh indeed.