MoFo Fantasy Baseball - 2020 Season

Tools    

I always wanted an NA roster spot or two for farm club prospects, but don't think they give that option.

So would a 60 game season be the same or shorter than the Football season?

Well, guess I'll add one more bench spot (and make the plan to roll back the extra bench spot and extra IL slot next season), and then start pinging possibly absent owners.

A system of cells interlinked
Sill in, for sure.

I try to stay active, even though all my efforts seem to land me in 4th or 5th every damned year. I will get the hang of in-season management at some point!

Somebody finally said it haha

Logan Morrison, when asked about playing with no fans in stands: "For me, it's not going to be that difficult. I played for the Rays and the Marlins."

Who do you think will be the surprise teams in the short season? The A's look like they'll benefit a lot because their younger pitchers won't have innings limits to worry about. I think the Reds could be good too (partly from improvement, partly from having a very favorable schedule). For the favorable schedule aspect, maybe the Twins will have the best record? Lots of games against the Royals and Tigers.

Tough to say. But yeah, top-heavy clubs in general. The innings limit thing is smart to consider, but also just a team with a good starting nine and a little weak on depth. Definitely teams with top-heavy bullpens, so elite bullpen arms will probably wield a disproportionate impact.

It's a shortened spring training, though, which makes me think a lot of starters will throw less than they normally would over the first month of the season to counteract some of those gains a bit.

A system of cells interlinked
I see fairly short leashes on closers etc., as managers don't have the time to let guy work through problems while blowing games.

My 1st and 3rd round picks might be out for Opening Day, Rendon (oblique) and Meadows (Covid). The oblique might keep Rendon out the whole 60 games. That's not good

No idea. I might start pinging people next week, though to be honest a couple are always a little lax about running their teams even in a normal year, especially if they fall behind. It's not great but it's hard to find a dozen people who will stick it out in a daily lineup league all season.

If you're asking because you'd wanna play, sure, you can be first in line to take one over if someone doesn't respond to the ping and/or has to drop.

Was curious if there were some no responses to the email you sent to everyone. I've had a trade offer out for a week, sent an email and 2 PMs here to someone with no response whatsoever.

No email response but that's normal, because I didn't really ask for one and most people aren't even sure if they can reply to those blast email thingies.

There's really just an owner or two I'm "worried" about. Most of the others are either pretty reliable or I've seen on the site.

So, few days away. If nobody objects, I'm going to give Tim the #1 waiver priority. Looking at the list of player opt-outs, Price is clearly the most significant, and possibly the only significant one at all: it looks like all or nearly all the others went undrafted in our league.

Please speak up if you have a problem with this, but I think it's more than fair, personally.

lying if I didn't say fantasy isn't something I care much for in 2020.
I can't parse the competing negatives, please simplify.

I assume you mean you're not that interested. In which case, if you're not sure you can set your lineups consistently and genuinely play it out, then it's better to just drop. Puts us in a really tough spot having to find a new owner this late, but better than the alternative.

Yeah wyldeside seems interested if we need a replacement. There's a few that post in the baseball thread that might give it a shot, especially only 60 games.

Mikey let me know he's in. I'm waiting to hear from Dan (Cobb County Corncobs), but I'd be surprised if he wasn't around and active.

Also, man, this isn't a surprise but something about seeing it is so weird:

Daniel deleted his FB, so if you didn't hear from him there, that's why. But he's aware and said he's "down" for fantasy baseball.

The COVID IL thing is weird, but I guess it conveys more ??? than just IL10.

It seems like we're actually going to have a season now, or try to anyway.