Hollywood and Sexual Misconduct

Tools    

@Yoda I think we might need a blanket thread for all this. This is unbelievable.
Yeah, this has been way overdue. It's time we do this. And we do it right this time.

So Far:
Harvey Weinstein
Chris Savino
Kevin Spacey (I still can't get over this one. So disappointed in him. )
Marty Weiss
Jon Grissom
Andy Dick
Louis C.K
Brett Ratner
Andrew Kreisberg
Dominick Brascia
Steven Seagal
George Takei
Jeffrey Tambor
Michael Douglas
James Franco
EVERYONE IN HOLLYWOOD IS A SEX PEST!

(Next thing we know, HashtagBrownies will accused. )

(Who's Next?)

The truth is in here
I honestly forgive George Takei though, I don't think what he did was that bad by comparison. Hopefully also Louis has learned from his mistake and to become a better man. I don't think he's some monster or anything, just really... really stupid.

I honestly forgive George Takei though, I don't think what he did was that bad by comparison. Hopefully also Louis has learned from his mistake and to become a better man. I don't think he's some monster or anything, just really... really stupid.
Yeah, so do I.

I will also forgive 'Louie.' Though, I don't believe the rest of the industry will.

It's easier to forgive when your mama ain't the victim.
True.

But I'm human, I've always been a forgiving person. I'd be a liar If I said I'd never forgive him.

True.

But I'm human, I've always been a forgiving person. I'd be a liar If I said I'd never forgive him.
I am too, in fact I have forgiven the girl who once flashed me on the highway. I just wonder if any of us are in the position to forgive in these instances.

Yeah, so critics have been destroying Louis C.K's recent film. No joke, I was visiting RT to see it at a 53%, but only to look back a few minutes later to see a whopping 45%.

And let's be honest, this all has to do with the recent controversy. Unfortunately.

The one that really caught me was 'Spine-Chilling'... really?

Yeah, so critics have been destroying Louis C.K's recent film. No joke, I was visiting RT to see it at a 53%, but only to look back a few minutes later to see a whopping 45%.
It's a bogus reviewer who would pan a movie because of something that happened with one of the actors.

It's a bogus reviewer who would pan a movie because of something that happened with one of the actors.
I'm not saying it's right, but he wasn't just one of the actors in the film. He's also the director and co-writer.

This might just do nobody any good.
From what I gathered the film wasn’t particularly well received before the accusations came to light (before the NYT article, I mean).

Of course, people will feverishly bash it now but this always felt like a poorly conceived joke/jab. I’m treading into “what if...” territory here.

I'm not saying it's right, but he wasn't just one of the actors in the film. He's also the director and co-writer.
I didn't know that. I don't even know who he is, except I read what he did to two women comics in a hotel room, and that was abuse and very wrong.

If I was a professional reviewer I would try and keep my personal feelings out of the review. As a movie watcher, I have zero interest in watching that movie. Though I have no problem if another person wants to watch it.

Yeah, this has been way overdue. It's time we do this. And we do it right this time.

So Far:
Harvey Weinstein
Chris Savino
Kevin Spacey (I still can't get over this one. So disappointed in him. )
Marty Weiss
Jon Grissom
Andy Dick
Louis C.K
Brett Ratner
Andrew Kreisberg
Dominick Brascia
Steven Seagal
George Takei

(Next thing we know, HashtagBrownies will accused. )

(Who's Next?)
Cynema, why is Bill Cosby not on your list? (Next to Weinstein he's still like the alleged king of sexual abusers in Hollywood!)
And I assume you're limiting it to entertainers and not including politicians (because then the list would quadruple in size... at least!)

You can't win an argument just by being right!
[quote=Captain Steel;1822022]Cynema, why is Bill Cosby not on your list? (Next to Weinstein he's still like the alleged king of sexual abusers in Hollywood!)
And I assume you're limiting it to entertainers and not including politicians (because then the list would quadruple in size... at least!) [/QUOTEOMG I never really followed the cosby natter and just googled to see how many. Holry sht. even worse - a 15year old??? filthy freaking neanderthal.

Cynema, why is Bill Cosby not on your list? (Next to Weinstein he's still like the alleged king of sexual abusers in Hollywood!)
And I assume you're limiting it to entertainers and not including politicians (because then the list would quadruple in size... at least!)
We're talking about the 'Sexual Misconduct' allegations that have been reigning from Harvey Weinstein, to wherever we are now. There's bound to be loads more. So that's why we're here.

If you want to talk about Roman Polanski or Bill Cosby; It can't be here. (There's probably separate threads for both of them.) And that doesn't necessarily mean you can't bring them up for 'example', or in passing. But just don't make it the subject of the thread.