Does anybody remember Bloodsport?

Tools    

This movie is probably the best way to explain Hong kong, it shows u every nick and crooney in that city, it shows u those dirty corridors where the underground fighting goes through, probably one of the best martial arts film ever...

A system of cells interlinked
So...it's the American that does tricks with bricks...

I show you a trick or two!

The part where Donald Gibb points to Bolo and says "I'm gonna kill you!" So good.

A system of cells interlinked
The part where Donald Gibb points to Bolo and says "I'm gonna kill you!" So good.
Van Damme's slow-mo yells, the monkey guy, they guy stealing the dude's gold tooth...

Best movie is the best!

Everyone remembers Bloodsport. Who remembers BLOODFIGHT, the HK ripoff with Bolo Yeung playing essentially the same character with a 1 letter difference in his name, also starring Simon Yam and Yasuaki Kurata?

Everyone remembers Bloodsport. Who remembers BLOODFIGHT, the HK ripoff with Bolo Yeung playing essentially the same character with a 1 letter difference in his name, also starring Simon Yam and Yasuaki Kurata?
What the hell, this is already on my watchlist.

What the hell, this is already on my watchlist.
I didn’t have anything to do with that but…

You’re welcome.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
My friends love this movie and think it's a classic, but I never really got the hype. I felt that the martial arts fights were kind of average really, compared to Jackie Chan or Bruce Lee for example, and the whole subplot about how the army would go to the other side of the world to get this guy back makes no sense? Wouldn't the army want to concentrate on soldiers who would actually follow orders?

And I felt that Van Damme and the woman character just had no chemistry either.

And I felt that Van Damme and the woman character just had no chemistry either.
Only in bed.

The thing that strikes me.most in 80s and 90s films, is that mid film scene where you get that song that summerizes the feelings, emotions of what s going on: here in this film, after jackson is hurt in the hospital we get this Stan Bush-on my own track which captures the way 80s and 90s film were edited passionately to let u get even.more immersed.
Another example: Top gun when maverick is cleared to fly , you get that music with camera work closing on his face to show u that he s ready, tararan tararan tara tarannn
Another example, in Point Break 1991, when keanu is in bed awake the camera is closing in on him from the top, the music used just lets you feel what the character is thinking, like what what am i doing, lying to.my girlfriend, pretending to be a normal guy while.im a cop,
Another example, Speed (1994), when hellen dies, mark mancina introduces this track to capture those feelings of sorrow after her death it is that passion in editing that started to get missing later on in the 2000s