What's the Scariest movie you've ever seen?

Tools    

Yeah, I heard of that...that's very cool. I love the way Hollywood works sometimes. "O" was filmed years ago, if I remember correctly...and that supernatural Winona Ryder movie (that bombed) was sitting on the shelf for over a year.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Yeah, the people behind Lost Souls were dumbfounded when Stigmata took the title they were wanting to use.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Now With Moveable Parts
whoa,I didn't know about that! Stigmata sucked in my opinion,and I could expect that from Arqutte,but Gabriel Burn? He was so much better than that.

I might have posted this one...
Without a doubt the Exorcist...the original one.
The part where the chick comes down the stairs upside down on her hands and feet....ACK! Scares the begeebers out of me everytime!

But I know I haven't posted these...
I thought Stigmata sucked real bad too!
but I thought that Stir of Echoes was pretty scary though.

I saw a movie years ago...that has actually been banned here in the states for a long long time..it was called 'I Spit On Your Grave'....that movie totally freaked me out!
It's not real 'bloody disgusting'...but it's gross.

BTW...it's good to be back.

Good to have you back. Yes, "The Excorcist" is indeed a scary movie...though it wasn't too scary for me, because I'd heard an awful lot about it already by the time I got around to seeing it. And yeah, "Stigmata" was a letdown. Certainly wasn't scary.

There's this public access show in my town and the guys on it are always talking about I Spit on Your Grave, they showed this preview once. I thought it looked pretty funny.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Tulse Luper
La Cabina
what is this? Anyhoo,I've seen the jacket for I spit on Your Grave more than once as I was browsing through scary movies;never got it though,doesn't it say banned in like 15 states or something?

Hi everyone. The scariest movie I have ever seen is the Blair witch project. That was so bad at the end. Also what lies beneath was scary to when that body came alive in the water at the end

I found that more creepy than anything at the end of What Lies Beneath.

Nobody has mentioned the Blob. The original, although farely cheesy, was a good scary movie.

scary movies had much more of an impact on me when i was a kid...i could never forget a movie that scared the crap out of me about a family living on a farm....a scary barn and a jar with green lights swirling around in it....the devil/something satanic. i remembered round symbols being painted on the barn and floor...for protection from evil....then not to long ago i stumbled upon this very movie on tv....and i felt too freaked to watch it.
as an adult, i still await great scary films but rarely am impressed. the shining is high on the list but far from new.
blair witch project was simply annoying to me but succeeded in making camping a potential freakout (i'm a bigtime camper) that heather chick was scary!
i had more to say, but i'm suddenly drawing a blank...i hate when that happens....must be that green light in the jar invading my online intelligence. alas, i await a new, creative creepy film and will be back to add to this when my brain is fully functioning once again.....
ANY SUGGESTED FLICS FOR ME? (slashers don't cut it) -patti

Hmmm, it's hard suggesting movies when you don't know what the other person likes. So I'm going to leave that one alone Patti. Sorry

spdrcr - i agree it's pretty much a waste of time recommending movies to a stranger....it's very subjective i've stayed away from quite a few "huge" movies simply because they were being so hyped and hungrily accepted by the masses (my loss in some cases, i know). but then i'm straying away from the "best horror flic" thread.
i've been more scared by Shelley Winters (in anything) and Elizabeth Taylor (who's Afraid of Virginia woolf....to her credit) than recent "horror films" ....i liked "the Sixth Sense" and i loved "seven" but for the cinematography more that the fear factor. i looooovvvvved the opening credits for "seven"....graphics, music....true art.

SultanBigPants- this thread goes way back, but i've been reading comments and i agreed with you on most everything....i couldn't believe people were raving about Blair Witch...i was delighted to hear you'd banned it from your kingdom. and the remake of the Haunting was so bad it we should have been paid to watch it. the original "haunting' on the other hand is classic.
i'll be watching for your comments to figure out what else is going on in your "kingdom". -patti

Between this and the Strangers on a Train conversation, patti, my kingdom has just gained an ally. Speaking of The Kingdom, have you ever seen it? It's one of my favorite movies of all time. It's scary, but not conventionally scary. Its more weird than scary, but fantastic all the way.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by patti
....i liked "the Sixth Sense" and i loved "seven" but for the cinematography more that the fear factor. i looooovvvvved the opening credits for "seven"....graphics, music....true art.
Did you know Trent Reznor from Nine Inch Nails did the music and opening credits? Good stuff...the whole thing!

SultanBigPants - i do not know of The Kingdom...i went to look it up in my movie guide and alas my volume is from 1997! (in the pre-daughter days when i indulged in movies (rentals) to my hearts content. i have much to learn, much catching up to do and i'm glad i stumbled into MovieForum. i watched "The Mummy Returns" last night because i was entertained (not impressed but entertained) by the first one- i wouldn't say the same for the new one, but i got to watch the beautiful, darkhaired warrior leader dude with the tattoed symbols on his face...sighhhhhh.

Hmmm, I dunno Sades...I remember that being that other group that sounds like him...they performed the song "Guilty." Argh, I can't remember the name, but they're compared to Rezner quite a bit. Hang on, I'll look it up. Aha! Gravity Kills...although Rezner is on there, too! Go figure.

sadesdrk - i did know about Resnor/Nine Inch Nails and Seven...have you ever seen the masterpieces in animation by The Quay Brothers? the colors, textures, images, et.al. are fantastic. they have a couple of volumes of their shorts in some video stores. (dutch animation). "crocodile tears" is the only title i recall. i highly recommend them.

Sultan - i have The Kingdom on my "go rent" list....the review i read mentioned "gory medical footage", ughhhh, what, like real stuff? aside from that it sounds very cool, glad you mentioned it.