Horror movie with fourth-wall-breaking "warning signs"

Tools    

Hello everyone!

I'm looking for a movie my dad has been looking for for a long time (I want to give it to him for fathers' day ). It's a horror movie that's at least a couple decades old, where signs and other things on the screen warn viewers during the movie. My dad always says that there's a part where someone leaves a door open and a sign saying "door open, not smart!" with an arrow appears next to it .

Hello everyone!

I'm looking for a movie my dad has been looking for for a long time (I want to give it to him for fathers' day ). It's a horror movie that's at least a couple decades old, where signs and other things on the screen warn viewers during the movie. My dad always says that there's a part where someone leaves a door open and a sign saying "door open, not smart!" with an arrow appears next to it .
That reminds me a lot of the 'rules' that appear on screen in Zombieland, often with brilliant comic effect. Maybe your dad's film influenced it.

That reminds me a lot of the 'rules' that appear on screen in Zombieland, often with brilliant comic effect. Maybe your dad's film influenced it.
Could be! I've never watched zombieland and neither has he, maybe I can try giving him that instead if I don't find the *real* thing

Could be! I've never watched zombieland and neither has he, maybe I can try giving him that instead if I don't find the *real* thing
Well, yeah, if audience-specific signs are his thing. I loved it; hopefully they will do the sequel.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Good answer - although it doesn't break the 4th Wall for the viewers of the movie, just in the movie.

But Not Slight of Mind or Tongue...
I'm not sure but I believe the movie your father is looking for might be Student Bodies (1981), although it's more of a parody of slasher films than an actual horror movie. It is most famous for keeping a running tally on screen of the body count:

I'm not sure but I believe the movie your father is looking for might be Student Bodies (1981), although it's more of a parody of slasher films than an actual horror movie. It is most famous for keeping a running tally on screen of the body count:
Wow, I think that might be it! I have no way of knowing it for sure until my dad sees it, but it sure looks like how he described it

Thanks! I'll report back here after my dad has seen the film!