Legend of Zelda movie

Tools    

If anything, I would hope that the only bad cinema that comes from the making of a Zelda movie would be similar to that caused by the phenomenal success of Spiderman: people trying to imitate its success. Granted, there are numerous examples of bad game-to-movie conversions, but unless the planned Metroid movie is an utter failure, I believe it's inevitable that a tremendously popular series like Zelda will eventually become a movie. I only want to see that it is a quality movie, rather than an attempt to simply cash in on the name.

It Can't Rain All The Time
"Lets not forget:
Street Fighter
or
Super Mario Bros."

well, look at Tomb Raider! or Resident Evil...those movies kicked ass...
and they were based off of games...

i just think it would be dumb to make it a cartoon, bleh.....that would be pointless
Def. Live Action! based on Ocarina of Time....

Well hello Mr. Fancypants
I think it would be so hard to make this movie successfully.... in staying faithful to the game it would not be taken seriously by non zelda playing people because it has a very light element to it... even in the darker aspects of the game (i know i even confused myself there but hopefully you get it). But to do anything else would most likely be seen as riding off the back of the LOTR movies.

I would love to see it happen thogh but it would mean creating a hell of a balance which lets face it... most studios and directors etc are not capable of pulling off. with a computer game adaption. Not that there haven't been some nice attempts i guess but nothing "blew them all away" like i would want a Zelda movie to.

"if i had the words i would say... HOLY CRAP!!"

You ain't leadin nothin but two things right now... jack and sh*t... and jack left town"

In Tyler We Trust
i would like to see Games into Movies. Anyone has a comment on any other games that should be made into movies?

Mortal Kombat was game before a movie wasn't it?

I agree the movie would be an awsome idea, however everyone has to realize how much a movie to like this to be the calibur that everyone expects would cost a lot, and most move studios do not want to lose billions of dollars on a movie that flops, and plus, to start out if they did do this movie all of the actors would be people we never heard of, because all the big name actors would want more mony than the less known actors, but if for the sake of argument my choce for actors would be as follows

Link: still don't know but Erik von Detten would be a good choice
Zelda: Reese Witherspoon; or Meg(from American Dreams)
Ganondorf: Vin Diesal; or the guy from the Mummy
Saria: again not to sure (probly the hardest part to cast)
Impa: Uma Thurman
Napuroo: Angelina Jolie
Raru: mybe Robert Denero ??
Durian: CGI voice over buy someone
The water sage(whats her toast):CGI voice over
Ganon: CGI vocie over by Vin Diesal: or they guy from the Mummy
Navi: Do like what they did for Peter Pan, etc. w/ Kira Knightly; the elf chick from LOTR

That is my opinion and sorry but, dragging in most of the LOTR cast into the movie as main characters is a bad idea and no self respecting producer, director, or casting agent would do it, I just put KK and elf chick just for looks if I was a CA or director etc. I would not.

Great ideas though

Originally Posted by BatGirl1415
"Lets not forget:
Street Fighter
or
Super Mario Bros."

well, look at Tomb Raider! or Resident Evil...those movies kicked ass...
and they were based off of games...

i just think it would be dumb to make it a cartoon, bleh.....that would be pointless
Def. Live Action! based on Ocarina of Time....

They sucked to.

I'm sorry I'm just not a big fan of over dramatic hero/heroine pictures that are all flashy with nonsense.

WARNING: LONG POST FROM AN ARTIST

Well I honestly don't think a movie like this will be made for some years. But, my idea for it is simple. Make the movie without considering new game elements into it. Let the designs and of corse the storyline from the first game drive the film. It was the original story therefore the "classic" game movie. Everyone knows the story of it and those who dont are most likely the little punks who think Ocarina of time was the fist game. Yes they are out there. Making a Game Movie without making a game movie.

It has to have a balance of atmosphere. Light and dark elements but as said before played very seriously and as a reality. A serious portrayle of the world that although different would automaticly be recignized by fans of the first game. A film for the LAST generation of gamers from the NES era I think would be the best way to go. Simple, straight forward, ass-kicking adventure. On one note this should never be made like a cartoon. I'm the one in favor of having link wear a really
green/ grey toned tunic with NO HAT for the first hour and a half of the film. It's a change but I think it would be a decent idea. Let the myth grow on people who see the film and explode at the final act... The last battle/climax.

Swords, armor triforce, all of it should be toned down and a little bit more earthy than the games. I have some artwork to illustrate what I mean on my site.Any way this is just the way I see the film. Make it true to the original and as a reality with a darker and more gritty edge to it.

hey, do you think that link would have a little romance with zelda in the movie? I don't thinkk there should. Since you are listing characters from the ocarina of time game, i think that malon should be in the movie, it seemed as though link liked her in the game and that they should have a romance instead of link and zelda. If there was a romance between link and zelda, it would be a typical dansel in distress movie, but if he fell in love with malon, the movie would portray that he didn't save zelda because he loved her but because it was his mission. And then the movie wouldn't turn out to be a 'oh, i got to save you because i love you so much and i can't live without you'. It would be more like ' this is my destiny and i will fulfill it'. God, the more i type the less i make sense, so i'm just going to stop right now.

It makes sence and ... yes that would be a rather good plot as well. However I still think creating a "pure" classic NES version of the film would be best. In that case just have link be. Not childish, very enigmatic, and to some degree have VERY little dialouge when not nessecary. For some reason I think Hyrule should be a slightly darker world than it has been portrayed in the past while still being a fantasy. Think "Legend" meets "the animated Hobbit, meets "Stargate". just for atmosphere references

hi, what do you think about haley osment as link, i think is great!!
and as zelda i really dont know but if is a cute girl no problem for me....

i cant imagine other ganondorf except arnold vosloo

hi, what do you think about haley osment as link, i think he will be a great link!

i really dont know who can be zelda but if she is a cute blonde is fine with me......

arnold vosloo is my only ganondorf for this movie

Originally Posted by cheche
hi, what do you think about haley osment as link, i think he will be a great link!

i really dont know who can be zelda but if she is a cute blonde is fine with me......

arnold vosloo is my only ganondorf for this movie
Why do you insist on posting twice but re-wording?

A zelda movie should IMO be animated, or at very least CG. A live-action wouldn't really work, although the idea of Kiera Knightly as Zelda is swaying my opinion I personally think a Zelda Movie in the style of the Japanese Anime film Metropolis would be awesome!!

maybe link has to chose between his love malon and zelda he has to save the princesss but in the process would lose malon

Originally Posted by Lin|<
A zelda movie should IMO be animated, or at very least CG. A live-action wouldn't really work, although the idea of Kiera Knightly as Zelda is swaying my opinion I personally think a Zelda Movie in the style of the Japanese Anime film Metropolis would be awesome!!
Yeah- an anime would be nice, but i honestly think live action would work. Of course, a lot of the characters would be CGI, but link, at least, should be live action.I've already seen him animated.

The Legends of Zelda movie
Indeed, Arnold Voslo would make a great Ganondorf. He's got that evil look, even when I saw him in the Mummy, he was great.

Originally Posted by T.H.U.G
I think they should make a Zelda movie. It would be good if it was made like LOTR, and I think Link would look a little more mature if he looked more like Fierce Diety Link. Here are some of my ideas for the characters:

Link- Orlando Bloom or Elijah Wood
Zelda- Keira Knightly
Ganondorf- Johnny Depp or Arnold Vosloo (Imhotep)
Nabooru- Michelle Rodriguez

Also I think there should be a whole new story(in hyrule) instead of basing it on one of the games. Anyone with me?
[Ganondorf'son]
Hey my name is Josh. I'm new to this movieforums.com thing and I saw your description of this Zelda movie. I think the same way too. However I do think that it will be hard to find the right actors for the characters. Not that I'm telling you that these actors you listed won't be good. Already I'm making a book of my own about Zelda. It's "The Legends of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time." Maybe if you like to, want to help me with this book of mine. I need a few help on finding ideas . I want this book of mine to become as good as Tolkien's "The Lord of the Rings" turn it into Hollywood to find some director to make this book into a movie. That's my goal. If you like to reply back, my email adress is [email protected]

I also think that some director from Hollywood should make a movie of Zelda. It would be a masterpiece like the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

I'll help you. [quote]