Tarantino announces upcoming Kill Bill sequel

Tools    

http://www.movieweb.com/movie/kill-bill-vol-3

http://www.christianpost.com/news/ki...antino-126172/

If this ever comes to light I'll watch it for sure; Kill Bill is one of my all-time favorite action films. The "revenge" plot definitely sounds interesting - though I'm worried that it might end up taking a nose-dive seeing as Part 2 had a pretty closed ending without a whole lot of room left for development.

According to the first website the movie has a 2014 release date and the second is an article posted in September. How plausible are these sources, really?

According to the first website the movie has a 2014 release date and the second is an article posted in September. How plausible are these sources, really?
The first one's got the release date wrong - the second source however states it'll be released next year (2015).

According to the article Tarantino's own words are that a sequel will be made - though these are from quotes dating back to 2004 and 2009, so we'll see how that goes:

The 51-year-old filmmaker indeed has some plans in making a sequel. In 2004, he told Entertainment Weekly that he already got the "whole mythology" running in his mind which would involve Vernita Green's daughter Nikki Bell seeking revenge on the Bride.

On 2009, the "Inglorious Basterds" writer and director further confirmed the rumored sequel at the Morelia International Film Festival.

"Yes, the Bride will fight again," Tarantino said.

Yeah, he's said that several times but a third Kill Bill is very unlikely now, especially considering he's just started shooting The Hateful Eight

Yeah, he's said that several times but a third Kill Bill is very unlikely now, especially considering he's just started shooting The Hateful Eight
We'll see - I think he plans to make 2 or 3 more films after Hateful Eight so there's no telling; though he has never been one to make sequels (Kill Bill was originally a single film for that matter).

I never got into Kill Bill.

Can't say I'll be rushing out to see a cash-in based on it either.
David Carradine's performance is really what sold it for me to be honest; plus it had that "Tarantino" flavor from most of his films that's hard to describe but equally hard to forget

After reading the article again though, it looks like it may end up being just a re-release of the original 2 films as one full-length feature with extra content added (apparently he ended up having to cut the anime sequence so a longer version may be added back in). To be honest I'll be suprised if it winds up being a full-length sequel but here's hoping

There won't and shouldn't be a third film. This rumor has been going on since the release of the second Kill Bill (because Tarantino hinted at an eventual third film), but it shouldn't be taken that serious anymore. It was nothing more than just a random idea, I think (much like The Vega Brothers).

I'm looking forward to The Hateful Eight and I hope Tarantino continues to explore new territories after that, instead of just doing something he's already done.

What he might do, is releasing a full cut of Kill Bill (both films in one film), because that was the way he intended Kill Bill to be in the first place.

I'd rather Tarantino work on something else. As much as I enjoyed the Kill Bill films, I think 2 is more than enough.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
What will happen, I believe, is Kill Bill - The Whole Bloody Business, which is a re-release of the whole saga as one movie with extras (the oren-ishi part in anime will have around 30 minutes, for example).

Why would there even be a third film? The whole purpose was to "Kill" Bill. And it was accomplished in what Tarantino set out to make. Two films.
Apparently there was a plot idea for a 3rd film floated around at some point, about a family member of one of the assassins coming back for revenge.

It's literally my dream come true.

Star Wars VII wishes it had this much hype!

Speaking of the earlier Kill Bill movies, which were damn excellent, let's not forget Jackie Brown, Deathproof, Reservoir Dogs, and oh yeah I almost forgot, PULP FICTION! Ugh... I might as well just list every Quentin Tarantino film. They're all awesome!

Kakarot89: The Infamous Thread Killer
I really hope this is one of Tarantino's many ideas that never come to fruition. Remember The Vega Brothers anyone? To me Kill Bill will always be one extremely long film (since it was only split for distribution/money reasons) a sequel would just be ridiculous.

Star Wars VII may appear to have hype on the internet. But talk to people in person and they're like, "Yeah it's going to suck," or "A black storm trooper wtf," or "J.J. Abrams, did anyone even watch his last show Alcatraz? No."

Star Wars VII may appear to have hype on the internet. But talk to people in person and they're like, "Yeah it's going to suck," or "A black storm trooper wtf," or "J.J. Abrams, did anyone even watch his last show Alcatraz? No."
Star Wars has more so called hype past the world of the internet. Plus, I don't know what kind of "people" you know but not everyone thinks it will be bad or excuse me...."Suck". As for John Boyega playing a stormtrooper, what does race have to do with anything? That's like somebody saying pointing out that Pavel Chekov on Star Trek was of Russian descent before the show began. And having a hissy fit. Or even complaining that Samuel L. Jackson was a Jedi in the prequels. (Not that the prequels were good) But nobody was complaining or having problems because he was well....Samuel L. Jackson. But HE was black.

And comparing J.J. Abrams work on Alcatraz to his film work is just wrong. He has done excellent work on other shows such as Alias, Lost, Fringe, Revolution and Person of Interest. Plus he's done great work in film with MI:Ghost Protocol, Super 8, Cloverfield, Star Trek, producer of Joy Ride and Regarding Henry (and helped write it) and etc..

J.J Abrams has a great mind and a superb imagination and I have faith in him 110%. Some people might be iffy because they just have the originals in their head, wanting to see images like those all over again. When Episode VII arrives on screen and it's awesome as expected, then that's when all the naysayers and haters will be laughing at themselves.