Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Tools    

I like that title. As the first chapter of a new trilogy, it's nice. Better than A New Hope and The Phantom Menace.

It's an awakening of something that's been asleep for over 30 years. The last trilogy doesn't count as it was set before the original trilogy. The franchise is waking up.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	720x405-STARWARSLARGE.jpg
Views:	1283
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	18409  

STAR WARS EPISODE VII: THE FORCE AWAKENS

Tagline:

Oh boy...

Head some news about what's going to happen in VII.

And it's going to be immense.

Really really don't read these spoilers if you don't want to know. Really, this is a proper spoiler alert, not just one of those regular spoiler alerts.

WARNING: "VII" spoilers below

Han Solo is going to die. Not just "die" though. Luke is going to kill him.

Adam Driver's character is said to be the one who has The Force "awaken" in him and Solo's dying wish is for Luke to spare Driver's life... however it turns out afterward that Driver's character is evil as hell, causing Luke a problem. This will push the plot along in parts VIII and IX.

Ford has got his wish. Han is to die on screen, and die like a Hero.

News is 10 hours old and comes from multiple sources. The trailer is out next week too.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
To click or not too click, life and the Rodent have presented me with one of those massive life choices.

Don't read it gandalf, I'm pissed I did. Though i can't imagine it will be a secret for long if it's true.

I wasn't gonna then I just did it. ****s sake Rodent. But I suppose it would be impossible to avoid that for a whole year.

I'd probably prefer for Jar Jar to be in it than have that happen.

I really don't see how this is going to be any good if they're seriously going to star the original cast in the lead roles. I really don't see how Harrison Ford's going to fire a blaster unless it's attached to his walker.

Having them show up in a cameo role is one thing - but making them the lead characters just sounds like an awful decision from the get-go.

It'll feel like one of those cheesy "Reunion" films of some old TV show that airs reruns on TV Land (like "Gilligan's Island")

I think it can work if they are main characters but a few of many other main characters. I mean Luke Skywalker is likely to still be a major player in the Galaxy being "the" Jedi Master/leader of hopefully quite a few force using characters. Leia of course is a force user equal to Luke so she should still be a major player and assuming Han has married Leia he is probably still a General/Admiral or perhaps recently retired.

So it makes sense that the three are still "main" characters but probably NOT the "leads" as you suggest.

Leia will definitely be a Force user as the Force is strong within the entire Skywalker bloodline and she had Luke to teach her as well... but when it comes to her role within the new films, she will more likely be a Political figure within the rebuilt government.
Maybe even a Queen.

Can't see her as being part of the Jedi Order exactly, but certainly a Force character.

Leia could be Emperor and Luke her henchman like his father before him.

An early 88-second tease of Star Wars: The Force Awakens can be seen in 30 theaters across North America beginning Friday morning, November 28. Following this weekend, the tease can be seen in theaters around the world this December.

StarWars.Com has released a list of all 30 theaters across the United States and Canada that will be showing the teaser trailer. I'm pretty sure the trailer will be released/leaked online shortly after...or even before for that matter.

AZ PHOENIX HARKINS TEMPE MARKETPLACE
CA LOS ANGELES AMC CENTURY CITY
CA LOS ANGELES Indep EL CAPITAN
CA IRVINE REGAL SPECTRUM IRVINE 21
CA SAN FRANCISCO AMC METREON 16
CA SAN JOSE CINEMARK OAKRIDGE 20
CA SAN DIEGO REGAL MIRA MESA 18
CAN TORONTO CPX YOUNGE & DUNDAS
CAN VANCOUVER CPX RIVERPORT
CO DENVER AMC WESTMINSTER 24
DC WASH D.C AMC TYSONS CORNER 16
FL MIAMI CARMIKE PARISIAN 20
GA ATLANTA REGAL ATLANTIC STATION
IL CHICAGO REGAL CITY NORTH
MA BOSTON AMC BOSTON COMMONS 19
MI DETROIT CINEMARK SHOWCASE 20
MN MINNEAPOLIS AMC SOUTHDALE
MO KANSAS CITY AMC STUDIO 30
NY NEW YORK AMC LINCOLN SQUARE 12
NY NEW YORK REGAL UNION SQUARE
OH CLEVELAND CINEMARK CINEMARK 24
PA PHILADELPHIA REGAL WARRINGTON 22
TN NASHVILLE CARMIKE THOROUGHBRED 20
TN KNOXVILLE REGAL PINNACLE
TX DALLAS CINEMARK WEST PLAN 20
TX HOUSTON REGAL MARQ*E STADIUM 23
TX AUSTIN ALAMO ALAMO S LAMAR
UT SALT LAKE CITY CINEMARK CINEMARK 24 WEST JORDAN
WA SEATTLE REGAL THORNTON PLACE 14
WI MILWAUKEE MARCUS BROOKFIELD 16

Master of My Domain
Is there any information on theaters outside of America?

Is there any information on theaters outside of America?
J.J Abrams hasn't released any info about international theaters at all. Doesn't seem likely. Probably international theaters will just have to wait until December for it's official worldwide release unless you catch it online beforehand.

Master of My Domain
J.J Abrams hasn't released any info about international theaters at all. Doesn't seem likely. Probably international theaters will just have to wait until December for it's official worldwide release unless you catch it online beforehand.
How disappointing. Surely a huge hype by making early viewing worldwide would increase box office results and also squash the sweet tooth of moviegoers such as me.