Halloween 9

Tools    

yes I do agree with you on that they killed it by using the new generation footage and special effects but afterall mabey in this one they will finally "resurrect" it lol

Have they even started filming anything for halloween 9 yet? I personaly cant wait to see it. good or bad ive seen all the halloween movies i love the halloween series. I always though it would be an interesting idea to do a prequel for halloween for the years he was in the mental institution showing how Dr. Loomis dealt with him. what do you guys think?

nah, i think that it's better to keep some parts of michael's past a mystery

Someone Save Us College Kids
Halloween just isn't the same anymore. I mean don't get me wrong I love watching Michael installing fear into the new generations of teenagers, but thats just the thing. As with new generation or year comes horror movies have gotten cheeser and cheeser. I am a Halloween fan, hell I joined this site because of they threads discussing the series, but I can't stand to see Halloween fall any longer when it is so low all ready.

To Start out quick the first two were classic. It set up a classic setting were "guy" in mask stalks "baby-sitters" on Halloween, but it has changed dramatically. Michael isn't the same killer we all fell in love with, for one they gave him a motive in the Sixth movie(which pissed me off bad). I loved Michael when he was that crazy kid who snapped and never stopeed killing people for no reason, but for some reason his favorable prey was his fmaily. I belive thats why we all love watching the movies because I mean Michael was unpredictabe, you didn't know his weaknesses, or if he was fast dumb brute like Jason. He had no traits except that emotionless mask he wore. I mean Jason has his ugly face, and the lake, and Freddy added insult to injury, but Michael he was always quite. He was Unstoppable in your eye, but now things have changed so bad it blows big time.

The Settings have changed dramatically as well. From a group of teens traped in Michaels house(8th) to a facility in were experiments are being held(in sixth). I mean hey I love the new settings like in H20, but as each movie progessed it just got worse and worse. I liked the idea on how they incorperate todays fads in the movies. Like reality Tv like Resurrection. NOT!

First off I belive the series should have stopped when Laurie supposedly killed Michael in H20 it was a fitting end for such a classic series, but they just had to bring him back in Resurrection. Although most people hated Ressurction I adored it as I did with every Halloween film, but I have noticed something. As each film I watched I began to see the quality they had and the difference in all the films. The First Two were excellant, but the rest I have to say were really bad and the story line sucked. With the Exception of the H20, and the first two. What can you expect though? It is a horror movie and thats it.

You know what would be a good Halloween film. Were Michael actually wins and people stop killing him. I want to see a Halloween film that will suprise the hell out of me. With each film they supposedly kill Michael they find some how to bring him back, so why bother at all let him kill everyone in the movie. Im tired of watching each Halloween film and thinking that hey maybe it's gonna be over, when at the very end they drop hints or little things that tell us not by a long shot. And what more possibly can happen story line wise? Sure he can kill his nephew, or his son ( really I didnt even know he had one). I belive the best possible one would have to be the one were every one who has ever come into contact with him is gather to a house and are set up to die, or hey we could continue Michael's killing career by having him kill a celebrity killer. Jason or Freedy but there is no way in hell the industry will stop being frugal and cough up the rights and stuff in order to make such a film.

Originally Posted by Darkness&Horror
NO offence but Halloween 3 had nothing to do w/ the series

No offence, but what Beale is trying to say that the only true Halloween movies were those original three. Sorry for speakin' for you ßeale

personally i think that they should bring back tommy doyle, they should make it that his car has has a flat tire, and as he is changing his tire, and all of the sudden lorie slams her body against the side of his tire tired and looks like she had been helped by anyone in a while, so she passes out and he takes her to his home.when she wakes up she tells him everything that has happened but what she dosent know is that tommy now lives back in hattonfeild, knowing she is in trouble tries to elave but now its to late, b/c micheal finds her hospital bracelet and he knows that she is going back to hattonfeild but she has help b/c tommy has been waiting and prepairing for micheals arival, and cant wait tot get a peice of micheal tell me what you think, its a lil ruf though

i would like Tommy Doil back too but Laurie is dead and i hope they don't make some stupid excuse to bring her back. i went them to connect the new films with Halloween 4-6. They should somehow make Tommy with 10 year old steven meet Lauries Son from H20 and they should stop Michael once and for all

i seriosly think that they will bring her back so if,( and they will bring her back)they bring her back i would rather see it happen like this, at least that way it could bring back some roots

Originally Posted by halloween fan #1
i seriosly think that they will bring her back so if,( and they will bring her back)they bring her back i would rather see it happen like this, at least that way it could bring back some roots
Dude, get a clue she is dead thats it. No one could survive a fall like that aswell as the knife in her back. Not even movies with the exception of not being supernatural.

Originally Posted by Frank Castle
Dude, get a clue she is dead thats it. No one could survive a fall like that aswell as the knife in her back. Not even movies with the exception of not being supernatural.
Your right. In Halloween 8 she said she wanted closure to her character and seemed to get it. Instead, I preferred closure to Michael's character by the loss of his head. I didn't get my wish though.

Originally Posted by Escape
Your right. In Halloween 8 she said she wanted closure to her character and seemed to get it. Instead, I preferred closure to Michael's character by the loss of his head. I didn't get my wish though.
Thank you. You also reminded me of the fact that she wanted Laurie to die, for Jaime Lee Cutris felt it was her time

yeag, but your forgetting that after h20 micheal was supossed to die but they brought him back anyways, so dont throw everything out the window yet.

Originally Posted by halloween fan #1
yeag, but your forgetting that after h20 micheal was supossed to die but they brought him back anyways, so dont throw everything out the window yet.

NO YOU ARE NOT LISTENING TO US YOU STUPID DUMBY! She died and thats it. Ok, Laurie isn't invincible. She had a knife to her back, and she fell from the roof of what look to be about a four story building. Not only would something like thats snap her spinal cord, but she was also stabbed in the back before she fell.
You are also forgetting the fact that Jaimie Lee Curtis doesnt want to play her anymore. Infact she was the one that insisted that she die in the 8th film

i agree with her not coming back but long horror movie franchises have been nown to do things like this. for example in friday the 13th 5 they said they cremated Jason then all of a sudden they dig up his grave in part 6 and find his body

Oh, yes. There will be blood....
very true, Taxi Driver. they do retarded crap like that, like say "oh lets forget that jason was ever cremated and pretend that a fairy godmother came along and waved her wand and magicly put him back together" i swear IF they do bring laurie back they have completely ran out of ideas. watch, soon they'll just keep making this series and it'll be so crappy that they'll make it a direct-to-video realease!! ahhhh!!!!! the horror!!!!

i'll just point out that last time i checked, there is a clause in the contract of most people who do horror fims which states that under no circumstances can their character actually die. meaning that they can be resurrected for as many sequels as the producers like. so, I agree, Laurie should be dead, but she can be brought back nonetheless

hey frank if you watch horror movies, you should know not to expect anything so you are the one not listening, its not like i want her back its just being a horror film fan i know that the impossible can happen

Hey Halloween shut up. Will you listen? It's not on who will film it or the stry line. Its the fact that Curtis will not play the part. If you buy the 8th film and go tot the behind the scens/making of the movies, for she is interviewed. And she said she feels that it was Lauries time.

Originally Posted by Eyes
i'll just point out that last time i checked, there is a clause in the contract of most people who do horror fims which states that under no circumstances can their character actually die. meaning that they can be resurrected for as many sequels as the producers like. so, I agree, Laurie should be dead, but she can be brought back nonetheless
If they do that. They'll piss off a lot of fans.