Quentin Tarantino's The Hateful Eight

Tools    

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I read that Bruce Dern is being considered for a role, and I like that very much. I've always liked how Tarantino has utilized older or "forgotten" actors in his films, and gets amazing performances from them, like Robert Forster in Jackie Brown or David Carradine in Kill Bill. I don't want to see Arnold nor Stallone in any of his movies. He's a great writer of dialogue, and neither of them (while entertaining) sound like they can even speak fluent English... But that's just me.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

@Donuts: I'm not sure if I agree with that. I don't think Will has it in him to pull a Tarantino character off, honestly. Their styles just don't really seem to match, in my opinion. But hey, I'd love to be pleasantly surprised!

Personally I would LOVE to see George Clooney do an eccentric role in a Tarantino film. He has shown that he can do quirky stuff in Out of Sight; O Brother, Where Art Thou?; Intolerable Cruelty and Burn After Reading.

I'm not sure if he would be right for this film, as I don't really see him playing in a Tarantino western (but who knows?), but Tarantino has already stated that he has intentions to make an old-fashioned gangster film in the future and I think George Clooney would be absolutely perfect as some kind of darkly comic, but dead serious gangster boss.
I've probably said this before, but I would give A LOT to see that movie! I mean, an old fashioned gangster pic directed and written by Tarantino with Clooney as a mob boss? COME ON, that can only be freaking awesome!

It would be cool if he can get Gene Hackman to come back out of retirement for a part in this, too.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

I'm not sure if he would be right for this film, as I don't really see him playing in a Tarantino western
Would you have pictured Jamie Foxx, Leonardo DiCaprio, Jonah Hill or Don Johnson in a Tarantino western?

Would you have pictured Jamie Foxx, Leonardo DiCaprio, Jonah Hill or Don Johnson in a Tarantino western?
You got me, but I'm just obsessed with the mob boss idea.

Clooney sounds like a great idea!

How about Ryan Gosling or Justin Timberlake?
Urgh.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Movie is going to be extremely entertaining, I know that for sure.I enjoyed Django, wonder what else he has in store. I still kind of want to see a sequel to Kill Bill V3 though,although that will probably never happen.

I would love to see Christoph Waltz in another Tarantino flick. He's so entertaining to watch, i hope he plays a villainous character like Hans Landa in Basterds.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Clooney sounds like a great idea!

How about Ryan Gosling or Justin Timberlake?
I honestly could see either one of those guys...both fantastic actors, and Timberlake has shown a talent for both drama and comedy, I'm betting he'd work well in a Tarantino film! Being very serious here.

A guy I'd like to see in a Tarantino movie is Viggo Mortensen. He doesn't get enough good roles I don't think.

And I second the Gene Hackman idea.

A guy I'd like to see in a Tarantino movie is Viggo Mortensen. He doesn't get enough good roles I don't think.
Not bad.

I honestly could see either one of those guys...both fantastic actors, and Timberlake has shown a talent for both drama and comedy, I'm betting he'd work well in a Tarantino film! Being very serious here.
Same here

Timberlake and Gosling are only going to get bigger as movie stars, and I think one of them in a lead role in this film would be awesome.

Great choice, cricket.

He was great in A History of Violence, which is almost like a modern day western. He can play a sadistic psychopath with ease, and it's just what a bad guy in a Tarantino movie would need.

If there are eight main characters that kind of excites me to see who he casts. He could go with a mix of fresh faces and old faces.

Some names I'd like to see.
JGL
Hanks
David Oyelowo
Michael B. Jordan
Jason Schwartzman (how perfect is he for Tarantino flick)
Aaron Paul
Jennifer Lawrence
Anna Kendrick

Just a few names that pop into my head

Clooney does make sense. Leo, Pitt and Clooney are the 3 biggest stars in Hollywood right now.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

If there are eight main characters that kind of excites me to see who he casts. He could go with a mix of fresh faces and old faces.

Some names I'd like to see.
JGL
Hanks
David Oyelowo
Michael B. Jordan
Jason Schwartzman (how perfect is he for Tarantino flick)
Aaron Paul
Jennifer Lawrence
Anna Kendrick

Just a few names that pop into my head
Who's JGL?
Hanks: Love it!
David Oyelowo: Interesting
Michael B Jordan: Very interesting
Jason Schwartman: Love it!
Aaron Paul: Love it!
Jennifer Lawrence: Love it!
Anna Kendrick: Very interesting

Finished here. It's been fun.

Viggo likes that idea Cricket.

Based Viggo is such an underrated actor. One of my favorite actors ever.