The Dark Knight Rises

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
The Dark Knight Rises

Let the reviews come on in....

I'll post my review in a few days, want to gather my thoughts more.

Suspect's Reviews

Major spoilers!!!!
Ill be posting a full review in movie tab II within a few days but hears just my thoughts

- Tom Hardy was not the man who stole the show like Heath ledger did in Drk Knight. Gordon-Levitt was the star
- Kinda cheesy script this time around
- big twists that I did not see coming
- Batman should've died! It wouldve been a beautiful ending to a franchise but probably due to agreements with DC Nolan couldn't do that

Rating: 3 stars

I thought it was really good. I Had trouble hearing Tom Hardy speaking at times.

I wont review it, But all I can say is that I was disappointed.
Everything was highly predictable.

Joseph Gordon Lewitt stole the show, He was excellent & I found his role very well written.
& he was the only unpredictable element in the film.

Inspite of all that, last 15-20 minutes were satisfying. A pretty decent ending for a trilogy. But the overall plot was weak.

Hathaway had a damn good role, but how she fit into the whole plot was rather weak.

& once again the character of Bruce Wayne was weak, I mean him giving up & taking up the mantle of Batman doesn't seem convincing enough..

Bane fit well into Nolan's Batverse, but his look wasn't all that satisfying. It made him look silly most of the time.

The action scenes & chases were weak, especially when compared to the first 2 films.

But once again, inspite of finding the overall film not all that great, the ending was satisfying.
That's all folks.

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
I wont review it, But all I can say is that I was disappointed.
Everything was highly predictable.

Joseph Gordon Lewitt stole the show, He was excellent & I found his role very well written.
& he was the only unpredictable element in the film.

Inspite of all that, last 15-20 minutes were satisfying. A pretty decent ending for a trilogy. But the overall plot was weak.

Hathaway had a damn good role, but how she fit into the whole plot was rather weak.

& once again the character of Bruce Wayne was weak, I mean him giving up & taking up the mantle of Batman doesn't seem convincing enough..

Bane fit well into Nolan's Batverse, but his look wasn't all that satisfying. It made him look silly most of the time.

The action scenes & chases were weak, especially when compared to the first 2 films.

But once again, inspite of finding the overall film not all that great, the ending was satisfying.
That's all folks.
How did u rate it along side the Other 2 movies.

It's difficult for me to rate it... cos I am still in a WTF state, Nolan has never let me down before. But this movie is definitely inferior to the first 2 films. Nolan should have given pre-production a bit more time.

If you take away the ending & Joseph Gordon Lewitt, this movie might have ended up being terrible.
That''s were The Dark Knight emerged as brilliant, everything about the film was perfect.

I might invite the disagreement of many people here towards me.
For now I will rate it 2.5 out of 5.

It's difficult for me to rate it... cos I am still in a WTF state, Nolan has never let me down before. But this movie is definitely inferior to the first 2 films. Nolan should have given pre-production a bit more time.

If you take away the ending & Joseph Gordon Lewitt, this movie might have ended up being terrible.
That''s were The Dark Knight emerged as brilliant, everything about the film was perfect.

I might invite the disagreement of many people here towards me.
For now I will rate it 2.5 out of 5.
Ime reading so many different things about this film I don't know what to expect tommorow, can't wait.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Just got back from seeing it. And my thoughts are... It's good. Disappointing, but technically solid and entertaining. I've got some major problems with it, but I still liked it.

I don't care if it's not as good as the dark knight but if it's as good as begins I'll be happy.

I bet the irony is i'm going to love this after not really following the hype and viral marketing. I'm actually more excited now. I've still got a week to wait though as i'm seeing it properly.

Just got back.

I thought it was very good. Better than The Dark Knight ? No but still bloody good film and joint best film of the year for me.

I think people have set their standards too high and thought it could beat The Dark Knight. Sorry guys. Still great flick though. Might see it again with my Dad.

Its quite small, but an interesting one regardless. She does appear in a good chunk of the film. She has a funny scene with Christian Bale (Spoiler ?)

Saw it earlier, written my review...

... thoroughly enjoyed it. It's a lot darker than the other two, much more of a disturbing undertone going through it and the action is certainly more comicbook and much bigger.

Technically the best of the three imo.
TDK will still be my fave of the three though.

Saw it earlier, written my review...

... thoroughly enjoyed it. It's a lot darker than the other two, much more of a disturbing undertone going through it and the action is certainly more comicbook and much bigger.

Technically the best of the three imo.
TDK will still be my fave of the three though.

What do you mean more comicbook?.

Well, put it this way... with all the realistic feel that Nolan built around Batman in the other movies... I never thought the Batplane (aka; The Bat) would make an appearance in Nolan's universe.

The action is loud, big, bright, stylish and high octane. By far outweighs the first two films.

Major spoilers!!!!
Ill be posting a full review in movie tab II within a few days but hears just my thoughts

- Tom Hardy was not the man who stole the show like Heath ledger did in Drk Knight. Gordon-Levitt was the star
- Kinda cheesy script this time around
This time around? Did you not watch The Dark Knight?

- big twists that I did not see coming
Really? Like what?

There is a moment in The Dark Knight where a character actually utters the line "Have a nice trip, see you next fall". I want to mute my TV every time that scene comes on. Everything the Joker does in the film succeeds despite the fact that it probably shouldn't. His master plan, realistically, shouldn't work and it does right up until the end. And, if we're all being honest with ourselves, Harvey Dent should have killed the Joker when he was in a hospital bed with a gun to the Joker's head. We accept the flaws of The Dark Knight because A) Nolan took a genre that is typically cartoony/comic booky and made it more mature and B) Heath Ledger is fantastic. If it wasn't for those two things The Dark Knight wouldn't be so highly regarded.

That said, I feel TDKR was actually slightly better than The Dark Knight. The story was still a bit silly, though I felt it more plausible than the exploits of the Joker. I also liked that there were emotional ties within the story of the villains unlike Joker's random chaos.

WARNING: "Bat-spoilers" spoilers below
Tying Talia and Bane to the history and mythology of the first film made the story stronger, IMO. There were no real cringe-worthy lines like The Dark Knight had, thankfully, though there were a few movie-magic moments that were almost eye-rolling worthy. Wayne's leg brace quick fix and prison medicine back fixing were a bit silly, for example. And the Wayne tech super gadgets are as ridiculous as the shared dreaming in Inception, but I accept those as the MacGuffins that they are.

All said, I will not back down on the following; the film is as good, if not better, than The Dark Knight. It's just that everyone wears their rose tinted (or Ledger tinted) glasses when looking at that film.

I don't think there's any arguing that you can make any superhero film look silly if you really want to. The question is always how the internal logic of the world holds up, and whether or not the strengths are enough to overlook the weaknesses, which is going to vary a lot.

Anyway, I just got back from this. Good movie. Not a great one, I don't think, though we'll see what multiple viewings bring.

I prefer the first two films by a significant margin, but it's still a very enjoyable time. I'll probably write a review, but here are the broad strokes (pretty unspoilery):

Things I love:
  • The sense of scale. It's a big movie with a big world in it.
  • The sense of dread and reckoning.
  • Smart, genuinely surprising twists (to me, at least).
  • Batman's first fight with Bane. No music. Awesome.
  • The sheer audacity of the way the story plays with time, which is only possible now that the story's ending. That opens up some crazy avenues.
Things I didn't
  • They walk right to the brink of some much more powerful symbolism, and pull back, and I can't figure out why.
  • Easy ways to tie the film more to TDK that they similarly let pass by.
  • The action sequences felt a good deal less inventive this time around.
Gonna let this sink in a bit more, but those are my initial thoughts.