RoboCop

Tools    

Hugh Laurie is apparently attached as the main antagonist now...

... wonder if he'll be sporting his awful American accent like the one he had in Stuart Little and House...

The best thing that I can do is stay optimistic about this. I dont think the Robocop suit looks half bad though. If they can do something along the lines of Judge Dredd it might be awesome.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=35212

Quick link to the new and apparently improved Robocop.

Looks like complete tosh to me, if ever there was a movie that didn't need it...

Seriously not impressed.

^ That suit might not be the main one, apparently there are going to be four different versions in the film, so it might just be an earlier in the film version? Or as it's only a set photo they might add all sorts of effects and so on in post production to make it look more cyborg like.

I think it looks modern and all, but its hard to uproot the iconic figure of the older robocop. But then again they did it with batman so we'll see...

"Do you know what 'Nemesis' means?"
Hmmmm...

The expression "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" does come to mind... not to mention "if it ain't broke, DON'T BREAK IT!"

I shall reserve judgement, but if they screw this one up, I may just have to go Ed-209 on their ass

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Looks like the film was pushed back till 2014.

Suspect's Reviews

Judging by the suit, I am guessing he'd able to leap tall buildings in a single bound.. Move faster than the speed of light and stuff of that sort.

This is more like the usual anime versions of popular american characters.

vv Looks too much like a Cain/ED209/Transformers/Prawn cross for me vv

vv JudgeBatDreddMan anyone? vv

Ok, I have to now defend it... nicked this directly from Wiki...

Joel Kinnaman as Alex Murphy, a police officer who is gunned down and transformed into the cyborg RoboCop.

Gary Oldman as Dr. Robert Norton, the scientist who creates RoboCop.

Michael Keaton as Raymond Sellars, the villanous CEO of OmniCorp.

Samuel L. Jackson as Pat Novak, a charismatic media mogul.

Jay Baruchel as Pope, the head of marketing for Omnicorp.

Abbie Cornish as Ellen Murphy, Alex's wife.

Jackie Earle Haley as Maddox, a military tactician responsible for training RoboCop.

Jennifer Ehle as Liz Kline.

Marianne Jean-Baptiste as Karen Dean, Detroit chief of police.

Michael Kenneth Williams as Jack Lewis, Alex's former partner.

Douglas Urbanski as the mayor of Detroit.

Aimee Garcia as a scientist who works with Dr. Robert Norton.

---

So... we have a completely rewritten character line up... no Old Man, instead we have a renamed and rewritten Dick Jones.

No Clarence Boddicker, not even a rewritten Boddicker and no official crime gang or even genuine physical antagonist as I can see, it seems the only antagoist is the rewritten Dick Jones.

Sgt Warren Reed has been rewritten as a woman called Chief Karen Dean.

Lewis is now a dude and is listed near the bottom of the pile, which kinda sh*ts on the concept of the Lewis/Robo character development in the first place.

Bob Morton is now Dr Robert Norton... and played by a guy who's three times older.

Even the situation on how Murphy is turned into Robocop has been summed up as "injured in the line of duty and OmniCorp save his life".
So he's not murdered, he's simply injured and has his life saved by a rewritten Omni Consumer Products.

In summary, it sounds ripped off and seriously childlike in concept.
I could have (re)written this.

Cheap.
Very very cheap.

Attached is my reaction so far.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapshot_20121025.JPG
Views:	148
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	9539