A New Batman Movie?

Tools    

I read an article the other day about a New Batman Movie. I forget the name of the guy who is supposed to direct it. Do you people know anything about this?

From what I have heard is that there are possibly 3 new Batman Movies in the works....

Batman:The Dark Night - older "detective" style film

Batman IV -

and
Batman Beyond (based on the cartoon)

Darren Aronofsky is signed on to direct one... he is an indie director who made "Pi" and currently has REQUIEM FOR A DREAM in limited release in the theaters....

And believe it or not- Kurt Russell is rumored to play one of the Batmans.....

bah!, i don't like the batman beyond cartoon, it's too goofy , i watch the regular batman cartoon, usually on weekdays at 3 or 3:30 on the WB! hehehehehe, come home from school, go to the bathroom, check e-mail, by the time i'm done with that it's exactly time to watch my cartoons. I also enjoy watching Max Steel, just because it fascinates me how they do the computer animation, i wish i could figure out how to use 3d studio max like that, but i have hella no idea how to make even a persons face or hand, and then actually have it move! lol . hmmm, maybe i can take a class on it or something.

-Brian

I liked Pi. I rented it 'cause I thought it was a Japanese action flick. Later I discovered the box doesn't have a kanji character on it, it's the symbol for pi. Lol. Not really. I rented it 'cause there was nothing else. But I did like it.

I heard Mel Gibson and Brad Pitt in Batman Beyond. And Ben Afleck and Matt Damon in Batman IV. Lol. J/k

Wouldn't Al Pacino in old guy makeup make a great cranky old Batman? Lol I said GET MY BATSLIPPERS!

Batslippers! One of the funniest words I've heard all year.

I have to admit: I liked Val Kilmer as Batman, and wasn't nuts about Clooney. He grew on me a bit through the movie, but Kilmer is my choice. Keaton, however, would be just as good.

I definitely hope they go with the old-time detective story. I want a "dark" film like the first two, not a colorful comic book like the last few.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
No offense X-box fan, but Max Steel's CGI sucks so much. It lacks all texture. Theres nothing there that makes it unique. Beast Wars CGI was the best thats been in a show on the WB. Starship Trooper's show has ok CGI, but Max Steel and the other one like that, can't think of its name, or horrible. THEY NEED TEXTURES!!

Batman Beyond is a cool show, I think.

Yeah, it might suck, but personally i can't stand that beast wars or whatever, i like the story lines of max steel a lot better. I love watching toy story to look at the graphics too, i thing it would be fun to get into graphics, but i'm probably gonna more go for the field of programming as that realy interests me and is something i excell iin.

-Brian

How can you not like Beast Wars? I mean come on! Transformers are like the oldest of the old school. Everyone loves the Decepticons and the Autobots. They have a movie! Does Max Steel have a movie??? Didn't think so!
[Edited by OG- on 11-29-2000]

I don't like Beast Wars much - it's okay I suppose, but definitely not my "bag" by any means. Obviously the show lives and dies by its graphics, and they arn't terribly cool anymore like they once were.

BaWha?? I can understand why some people don't like it. I guess you feel that the plot etc was boring. So inturn you think it only lasted because of the CGI. But hey I feel the same way towards Star Wars, and well you love that.

The thing is I STILL like Star Wars, and I could create graphics better than the one they used. I don't think Beast Wars would exist if it were plain old boring animation for the most part. SW rocks, by the way, so don't got talking smack about it.

[Edited by TWTCommish on 11-29-2000]

I'll go and talk "smach" about it if I want to! BWAHAHA!

I would like to see you make a television show by yourself, that would have better CGI than Beast Wars, or Beast Machines, OR even the lamest of the lame, Max Steel.

That's the thing - they don't do it themselves. They've probably got DOZENS of guys who STUDIED graphics design/creation and get PAID to do it. That's a far cry from me doing it myself.

Besides: you can't do what they do on Max Steel either, and you said it sucked.

I know I can't do what they did. Thats why I didn't say I could! So if you know they have "DOZENS of guys who STUDIED graphics design/creation and get PAID to do it", THEN how come you said you could you could create graphics better than the ones they used?

Sorry if it seems like I'm yelling at you. I just like to argue with people.

Actually what I said was that I liked SW even though their graphics sucked, IE: they sucked enough I could do better (which was still an exaggeration). You must have misunderstood me.

Fight! Fight! Get 'im! Yeah! Lol

No, don't make friends. Did you see what he said about your smach? Lol

uh, JERRY JERRY!!!!!!!!!!..... uh, oops , didnt exactly plan for this to be a fight! -Brian