The Amazing Spider-Man

Tools    

Spider-Man 3 is still so fresh in my mind, if they get this reboot to happen I just hope they wait awhile and let the Raimi dust settle.

I've never been impressed with Raimi's Spider-man films. Here's why-

#1. What exactly was the Green Goblin's overall objective, I mean I know he says he wants to recruit or corrupt Spider-man, but then what? I mean he killed the board members who wanted to take over his company, so what else did he want? What could he have done with Spider-man that he couldn't without? The first two times they fought he handed Spidey his ass, so it can't be that he saw him as a huge threat.

#2 What sets Spider-man apart from Superman, or Batman, is that the general public, as well as the media distrust him, or see him as a criminal. In all three movies, New yorkers seem to be okay with him, even cheering him in several scenes throughout each film. The bridge sequence, as well as the notoriously cheesy train scene in Spider-man 2 being prime examples. This completely undermines the conflict between Peter Parker's guilt-driven escapades, and his status as a social Pariah.

#3. All three films were completely fixated on M.J. and Peter, never mind any of the other women Peter Parker had relationships with within the character's decades long history. On top of that, the way Raimi develops, or lack there of, their relationship just didn't sit right with me. These were two people that didn't seem like they could share an apartment, much less be on the verge of marriage. M.J. being a neurotic, whiny, narcissistic, wannabe actress with Daddy issues, and Peter being an overly mousy, Don Knotts-esque, nerd, throughout all three movies. Then they introduced Gwen Stacy, only to be a nuisance to M.J., and she literally just leaves in the third act without any resolution or point to her character.

#4. n Spider-man three they tried to portray Peter as being a selfish ass, but because of incompetent writing, they managed to portray M.J. as a chronic whiner, who is almost willing to seek out her old flame because her boyfriend isn't catering enough to her pity party. I suppose they were trying to make her more relatable, but I thought they made her look like a bigger jerk than Peter. Every time she ever opens her mouth in Spider-man 2 or 3 is either to chew Peter out for not being the ideal mate she envisions, or to scream for help. He saved her twice already, and she sounds like a bratty eight year old who's pouting at her Dad for missing her ballet recital.

...uh the post is up there...

Semper Fooey
The problem is they introduced Mary Jane right away when she was actually a late arrival in the comic book chronology. They did that because at the time they were developing the movie she had become Spiderman's Lois Lane in the comic book. By bringing Mary Jane in too soon, they did it backwards. Peter's early relations with women sour and he gets it on with Mary Jane when he's older and mature.

I am also a big time fan of the webcrawler.. I think the real problem with the film is having more than 40 years of material tochose from.... Sometime they want just to put them all together in a 2 hours movie... then things happens

Well, they managed to already screw it up even worse. It's rumored that Wizard's Of Waverly Place (cheap Disney kids show rip-off of Harry Potter) star, David Henrie may be getting fitted for red and blue tights. Ugh, if this is true, just wow. Keep in mind, I wasn't a fan of Raimi's, but wow, they have managed to take an entire leap backwards.

Here's his IMDB page.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1273708/

Semper Fooey
Even if they screw it up, it won't be the last Spiderman movie because Disney would love to get the rights back and do their own reboot.

Even if they screw it up, it won't be the last Spiderman movie because Disney would love to get the rights back and do their own reboot.
That's comforting. . .

Sony to cast their Spider-Man soon

Deadline
is reporting that Sony is edging closer to finding its new Peter Parker, having viewed the screen tests of most of the young actors they are seriously considering.

Jamie Bell, Logan Lerman, Anton Yelchin, Aaron Johnson, Andrew Garfield and Alden Ehrenreich are all said to be in contention. Frank Dillane (Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince) may have ruled himself out as he is expected to attend London’s Royal Academy of Dramatic Art later this year.

Sony wants to lock in its Spider-Man soon so that supporting roles can be cast around him. Production will begin before the end of the year with a July 3, 2012 release date set. The script by Jamie Vanderbilt is still being worked on, and (500) Days of Summer director Marc Webb is gearing up for a 3D shoot.

Source: Filmonic

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Im hoping this film will be better than the last 3. I would love to see a darker type of spiderman movie just like Batman Begins etc.

Semper Fooey
Im hoping this film will be better than the last 3. I would love to see a darker type of spiderman movie just like Batman Begins etc.
I don't. Spiderman isn't a dark character like Batman. It will be a very bad movie if they go in that direction. And it will also be idiotic if they go ahead with the suggested dark Superman.

Spiderman 3 was a bit dark... and look what happened??

The whole point of the reboot was to startover with a new younger version of spiderman.
The previous 3 moved too fast, That's why they are lookinf forward to cast a younger actor.

I only hope the villains aren't sympaathetic like the last ones.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
I don't. Spiderman isn't a dark character like Batman. It will be a very bad movie if they go in that direction. And it will also be idiotic if they go ahead with the suggested dark Superman.
I felt the exact same way when it came to the Fantastic Four. The light comic tone was the right way to approach the material, and certainly it wasn't a comic that lends itself to an R rated adaptation imho.

The Reboot mania is getten a tad out of hand.

Semper Fooey
I don't have a problem with recasting and whatever, but the earlier comments from Sony about the direction they were going in were contradictory (first it sounded like they wanted to scale back the special effects by making it more like Twilight, then Avatar was a huge hit and it was back to being a spectacle) so I don't know if they know what they're doing and I'm not convinced they have the right director.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Honestly, not sure that I have any interest in a reboot of the Spiderman Series. But we'll see once they are coming along.
Yeah, and I would think that you are the target audience. I never have had much interest in the Spider-Man or any other super-hero series, except for Batman and Superman, but I was younger then. I just try to watch films I believe deserve to be watched and ignore those I don't. Basically, that means I watch a whole helluva lotta movies but I admit I watch less new ones than I used to. There are still so many older, more interesting (at least to me) ones to catch up on.

Josh Hutcherson is the New Spider-Man

Blue Sky Disney Blog is breaking the exclusive news that Josh Hutcherson (Bridge to Terabithia) has been cast as Sony’s new Peter Parker in the upcoming Spider-Man reboot, which is being directed by Marc Webb (500 Days of Summer). This ends month of speculation about who would play the new Peter Parker/Spidey.

Feast your eyes on a Blue Sky Disney Exclusive...

Sony has settled on Journey to the Center of the Earth's Josh Hutcherson as the newly, high school bound Peter Parker. After several extensive test shoots were performed, Marc Webb and the top Sony $uits decided that Hutcherson was the right fit for the role and an offer was made and has been accepted. Now I wonder who'll be cast as the Lizard?

Whoops, I mean, the villain...
Source: Blue Sky Disney