What's in the video store?

Tools    

There never seems to be anything worth watching in the video store anymore. Everything seems to be boring blockbusting crap or just plain boring. I don't want to sound like a moaning just an inciter. What good movies are there to watch.

I like movies like

Chocolat
10 things I hate about you
Seven
recently seen Serendipity

Nothing beats watching a great movie for the first time. It's repeated drug use, predictable sensations and a timely ending.
Gladiator was good the first time I saw it, and it was the last time I thought it was good. So movies???????

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I suggest you check out or Movie Tab in the Games, Tabs, and List's forum. We usually talk about the movies we watch in that thread.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I've moved this thread. Hope you don't mind. Anyway, I think "The Score" and "Evolution" are semi-recently out for rental. We rented both...both worth watching, though "The Score" left me a little bit dissapointed.

Now With Moveable Parts
The Score was CRAPOLA! Venom: I suggest you move around the older title sections. Sometimes it's good to check out some older movies you may have missed out on. Ever see A Bronx Tale?

If you liked 10 Things I Hate About You, try the movie it was based on, it's called Taming the Shrew.

If you liked Chocolat, rent Like Water For Chocolate. It'll be in the foreign movie section. Make sure you get the subtitled one, not the English Dub Over.

If you liked Seven...try Kiss the Girls. Morgan Feeman plays a detective trying to solve a serial mystery.

Does that help?

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Sheesh Sadie, get it right. It's Taming of the Shrew, not Taming the Shrew.

But yeah, the ones you listed venom all have a tie to say a remake or a movie just as good.

Now With Moveable Parts
So I forgot 'of'...I knew what the title was...sheesh.

Thanks for the movies guys.

I never seen A Bronx Tale. Might be worth watching.

I've seen Kiss the Girls too, that's a great movie.

I heard that 10 things was based on taming of the shrew, but I have a feeling I won't like the orginal version as much as the updated one. I suppose it's all that marketing the advertising campaigners are pumping out for films, some of it has to rub off right?

Josie, and the Pussycats for instance?!

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.
foreign/festival section always has something good.....only it's kinda small at my store