THE DARK KNIGHT (Nolan's BATMAN sequel)

Tools    

Originally Posted by Sleezy
The fourthcoming Batman Begins sequel is titled The Dark Knight (at least for right now), not The Dark Knight Returns; and there's no indication whatsoever that it will be a film adaptation of the Frank Miller graphic novel.
Oh okay- so my excitement was for nothing. I really liked "The Dark Knight Returns," that's all, and thought it would make a great movie.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Originally Posted by TheUsualSuspect
So Holden says not to throw any rumours into this thread, yet Philleppe hasn't been confirmed yet.
Nor is Pearce. Are Chris and I the only two who like Holden!?
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Originally Posted by spudracer
Yeah, but I never said anything about Pearce. I just think it's hypocritical.

Suspect's Reviews

Originally Posted by PappaSteve
Oh okay- so my excitement was for nothing. I really liked "The Dark Knight Returns," that's all, and thought it would make a great movie.

A Superman vs Batman showdown would be the shiz on screen.

A system of cells interlinked
I like him. I have a thick skin on the boards, and I like a good thrashing from time to time.

The Two Seem a little bit young. Compared to the roles they are portraying.

But Im really happy with the new series its actually chasing that dark cloud that batman is supposed to have plus it will be an epic with continuity. One Bruce Wayne. Which is the flaw in the last Batman Series. Plus its of a higher sophistication, intelect is required to watch the new movies.

Filmshot.Blogspot
My Fairly young blog.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Originally Posted by theshadyboo
Plus its of a higher sophistication, intelect is required to watch the new movies.
I don't totally agree with you here. Yes, it's taking the series back to the Burton era, in a sense, but at the same time, I wouldn't say an intelect is required to watch them.

When you take a step back and look at Schumacher's Batman, then look at Nolan's, there's a night and day difference. Who knows what Schumacher was wanting to do with the Dark Knight, but he ended up turning Batman into a joke. Not only that, but his Batman was way too futuristic, IMO. When Nolan came along and revamped the series, he simply returned it to the darkness that it needed.

Yes, there are certain aspects in Nolan's that have Batman looking a little futuristic, but it's in smaller doses and is easily digested (ie., NO NEON LIGHTS). When it gets to the point where everything has a neon light in it, the question must be asked...WHAT THE F*** WERE YOU THINKING!?

In the Beginning...
When it gets to the point where everything has a neon light in it, the question must be asked...WHAT THE F*** WERE YOU THINKING!?
I think Schumacher found darkness in the burlesque: that beneath the weird frivolty of a midnight carnival lies the true dark underbelly of the psyche. Or perhaps I'm just playing the Devil's advocate.

Either way, it clearly wasn't an appropriate take on Batman. I guess I admire Schumacher in one respect: that he opted to take Batman in a direction he'd never been before. He just forgot to bring a competent script, adequate direction and acting, and pretty much everything else that makes for a good film.

Twice.

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
I think Schumacher found darkness in the burlesque: that beneath the weird frivolty of a midnight carnival lies the true dark underbelly of the psyche.

i agree with you on that. That kind of dark grotesque circus aspect to gotham city is an exagerrated view of what a city that has more money than taste would be like. The folk of gotham are rich and decadent, sin inevitably follows thus the need for batman is apparent.

Someone needs their fill.
I think Schumacher found darkness in the burlesque: that beneath the weird frivolty of a midnight carnival lies the true dark underbelly of the psyche. Or perhaps I'm just playing the Devil's advocate.
I assume you would think more for Batman Forever?

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by Reservoir Drought
I assume you would think more for Batman Forever?
I don't care much for either of them. Batman Forever is a little less far removed from the Burton formula than Batman and Robin, but they're both equally bad for most the same reasons, and some different ones.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Forever had a great opening, then kinda went downhill.

I still think it's better then Returns though.

Batman
Batman Begins
Batman Forever
Batman Returns
Piece of Dog Sh*t
Batman & Robin

In retrospect to what I posted. I agree that Forever and Batman and Robin did drift away from the pack and that the original Batman did hold sometype of dark sophistication.
Although I remember as a child loving the neon lights of forever and robin so im assuming they had that in mind too. Its all marketing.

What it is about begins is that you have alot of development that is closer to a novel or graphic novel which is not what the first movies did. The first movies really just assumed we knew who he was. But then again that is probably the underlying meaning of the title batman begins.

As long as they dont put batman in a grey and purple outfit with a painted on six pack. and Robin in a red yellow and green tights. Im ok with the series.

maybe we'll seee smth different !
it's not so bad...
i was furious to when i heard that robin williams would play the bad guy in insomnia...
but you see he was good ! why ryan and heath do other way??

Originally Posted by TheUsualSuspect
Even though it's fake, I think it looks cool.

That looks really cool. Kudos.

Just as long as Chris Nolan will be directing it, I know Batman Begins 2 will be a great movie, with lots of entertaining and deep storylines.

In the Beginning...
Aaron Eckhart is Harvey Dent:

Originally Posted by HollywoodReporter.com
Eckhart joining 'Dark Knight' cast
By Borys Kit

Feb 16, 2007

Aaron Eckhart is in final negotiations to play Harvey Dent/Two Face in "The Dark Knight," Warner Bros. Pictures' sequel to "Batman Begins."

In Batman lore, Dent is the district attorney of Gotham City and an ally of Batman. After half his face is disfigured by acid, Dent becomes the insane crime boss known as Two Face. He chooses to do good or evil by flipping a coin. Tommy Lee Jones played the character in 1995's "Batman Forever."

"Knight" sees Christopher Nolan back in the director's chair with Christian Bale reprising his role as Bruce Wayne/Batman. Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine and Gary Oldman are also returning. Heath Ledger joined the cast last summer, signing up to play the sardonic and murderous villain the Joker.

The script was written by Nolan's brother, Jonathan, from a story by Christopher Nolan and David Goyer. Producing are Emma Thomas, Charles Roven and Christopher Nolan.

Eckhart is riding high these days thanks to his acclaimed performance in "Thank You for Smoking," which nabbed him Golden Globe and Spirit Award nominations. He next stars opposite Catherine Zeta-Jones in "No Reservations," the U.S. remake of the 2001 German feature "Mostly Martha." The film will be released by Warners in July. He is also starring in the "Untitled Alan Ball Project," Ball's directorial debut.

Yesterday's Jam
I was looking the other day for pictures to see if maybe they had any out of Ledger as The Joker.. And I found 2 which were probably photoshop jobs but I was still quite impressed:

I think they both represent the sort of look Nolan is going for in the sequel. I posted them on my other forum but no one seemed interested, so I was just wondering what you guys thought in your professional opinions..

Yeah, probably fan jobs, but impressive ones, to be sure. I expect Nolan's version to be similar, but better. The Joker has the potential to be exceedingly creepy, if done correctly. Part of me hopes they go as far as using CGI to make Ledger look abnormally thin, too. Or maybe they can just ask Christian Bale to go all The Machinist again and play both parts.