"Movie Sequel Mania Redux"

Tools    

The Latest Update on 'Indiana Jones 4'

The Indy Experience has received information from an
Indiana Jones
anonymous source who is a very close friend of Steven Spielberg, and who works very close with him. He has brought along the following information about Indiana Jones 4, some of it you have heard, some of it you haven't:
  • Steven has agreed in principal to Nathanson's Indy 4 script.
  • Steven is leaving his schedule open for Indy 4 after Munich is released.
  • Everyone in Spielberg's circle, including Spielberg himself, are very excited about Indiana Jones 4 and are hoping that it gets greenlighted.
  • George Lucas and Jeff Nathanson are currently tweaking the Indy 4 screenplay.
  • The tweaked draft for Indy 4 should be finished by the fall to be submitted for greenlight.
  • Harrison Ford has agreed on the script as well.

The site believes that this source is very reliable for it is someone who again is a very close friend of Steven Spielberg, and works very close with him. This is more-or-less a status update on Indy 4, but the most important thing to note from all this is the fact that Spielberg and everyone in his circle is very exciting about the fourth Indy Jones film.

Also, Paramount Pictures is shooting for a February 2nd, 2007 release date for Indiana Jones 4 Naturally , this date is VERY tentative, so I wouldn't make plans change, but it is the current date that Paramount is shooting for.

Source: The Indy Experience

Joss Whedon Discusses Wonder Women

Wonder Woman
“Buffy” creator Joss Whedon gave a huge interview to In Focus Magazine in which he talks his next project, Wonder Woman. He hasn’t been working on it… much.

“Not much of the script is written and I’m still working out the plot. But I’m finding the moments that matter; I’m finding the things that make the story really resonate; the things that I just can’t wait to film.”

Of course one of the biggest questions about the film is whether Diana will fly. Joss admits that he hasn’t totally discounted giving her an invisible jet.

“I do not believe she will be flying. I think we have a guy who flies. I don’t see her flying. She might jump. There could be some hopping. And there may in fact be an invisible plane. But if there is, it will be because it came out really cool. And I have theories about how to make that work.”

“The look that she’s sporting in DC Comics right now is closer to where I’d have her than the TV series, or the old look. The color scheme and the silhouette have to remain because they’re her. But the American flag is not what she’s going to be wearing… She’s still going to look like Wonder Woman. She’s not going to look like Trinity. She’s going to look like Wonder Woman, but she’s just not going to be hokey.”

One of the rumors that’s been flying around forever is that Sandra Bullock could be considered for the role, but Joss shoots that down. Warner Brothers is looking for someone younger.

“So, yes, they are thinking of a young woman. They’re thinking, I expect, of something franchise-able.” Not just younger, but taller. No, they aren’t looking for Chyna, “I’m looking for somebody statuesque, regal, beautiful, who can really act and do a lot of stunts with no elbow or knee pads. I’m asking a lot. So if I happen to find all those qualities in somebody who does not quite meet my height requirement, I will be casting some really short love interest. The height is definitely a part of the package.”

To read the full interview, (and more) click over to In Focus.

Source: Cinemablend

What's Going on with 'X-Files 2' ?

Technically, "X-Files 2" remains in development. Technically.
Frank Spotnitz, co-executive producer of The X-Files, says that that a sequel to the original is
The X-Files
still in the works. "My deal has been done—and I'm not exaggerating—for a year and a half," he told Sci-Fi Wire. "There are other deals, and you can guess who the people are [who are] involved, and I don't know why they're taking so long. It's very frustrating to me. I hoped the movie would be done now."

Spotnitz says that although he and creator Chris Carter haven't written the script yet, they know what the story will be and are looking forward to writing it. "Obviously, I'm very busy right now, but it means a lot to me," he said. "I would love to do it, and I wish that we could get all the business things in order so it could happen. ... These are things that happen between lawyers, and I'm not privy to it because it's not my deal. But I know [stars] David [Duchovny] and Gillian [Anderson] want to do it. I know Chris wants to do it. I don't know where the holdup is. But I hope it happens. I remain optimistic it will happen. If you'd asked me a year ago, I never would have believed it still wouldn't be in the works at this poin

Source: Killer Movies

'The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe'
New Conceptual Art and International Teaser Poster

Spider-Man 3 Villain Updates

Spiderman 3
As of now, this is what's known of the Spider-Man 3 villains:

-Thomas Haden Church is most likely the Chameleon, not Sandman. (though Dark horizons tells a different story)
-Topher Grace is a villain, but no other villain option has been announced [only rumored]

However, if this latest SPOILER scoop from ComicBookResources is true (at all) , it can possibly ruin Spider-Man 3 for you. If it is correct, then Sam Raimi is having his actors and crew keep tight lipped in order to offer up a huge twist for this Spider-Man film.

To check out the scoop at ComicBookResources, click on the link, then head down to the section titled "Church and Grace". You will notice some invisible text that you will have to scroll over to read. Scroll over the text and get ready to possibly have your Spider-Man 3 experience spoiled.

Spider-Man 3 hit theaters May 4th, 2007.

Source: CanMag

On a personal note - if everyone is demanded to keep so massively tight lipped about this project, why give something like this away if at all it's true??? I'm waiting for Raimi to literally announce the official details to all of us when he is ready just like the rest of the movie-going public.

I got for good luck my black tooth.
LW&W looks absolutely breathtaking. Thanks for the info J

Hey, no prob. I'm proud to provide ya'll with the info you're interested in.

Remember, let me know if there's anything you are looking for/want to know about, and I can do my best to get what I can on it.

Originally Posted by Strummer521
LW&W looks absolutely breathtaking. Thanks for the info J
Agreed

Swayze Stays Away from 'Roadhouse 2'

Roadhouse
According to Joblo, (via the BBC), Patrick Swayze won't be returning to star in Road House 2. Apparently, Swayze was on a BBC program "Talking Movies" where he broke the news that he will not be starring in in the picture. In fact Dalton Swayze's role in Road House, isn't even going to be the main character. According to Swayze, Dalton was written in a small role, therefore he wasn't interested in returning and turned the part down. He also seemed to hint that someone else may be taking over his role. In fact Sony has gone out to get Johnathon Schaech, known for his not so popular roles in Poison Ivy 2 and Blood Crime, to replace Swayze. Schaech will play Dalton's nephew in the film who comes to the bar to take over for his uncle. Swayze also told the BBC that he would like to reunite with Jennifer Grey for another 'Dirty Dancing' movie.

Source: Joblo

Release Date News:

The Hills Have Eyes has gotten an official nationwide release date. Expect Wes Craven's remake of his original film to hit theaters March 10, 2006.

Aeon Flux Clips

Moviefone has posted up two clips from the upcoming Charlize Theron sci fi flick Aeon Flux. The first one is a behind-the-scenes clip for the picture, and the second is a film clip entitled "Jail Break" where you can watch her whistle her way out of a holding cell.

To watch them click here.

Aeon Flux opens in theaters December 2nd.

Source: Moviefone

2 New Lex Luthor Pics

Yo She Bi*ch, lets go.
I think he is an Aussie. I heard him talking on some late night show and he sounded just like one. He did not say Crikey! or anything but he did squeeze in a few mates in there.

Thanks to JRS for all the info. Lots of movies I did not even know about are there. A truly hard core movie fan.

-TheButcher

One things for sure, we wont be bored for the next couple of years.

Yo She Bi*ch, lets go.
Originally Posted by lilsamuraijoe
One things for sure, we wont be bored for the next couple of years.
Sorry to be off topic but thats an awsome avatar Joe!!! Can you tell me where you got it?

'Zathura' Theatrical One-Sheet

Sony Pictures has just released the gorgeous first poster for the upcoming Jon Favreau movie Zathura complete with the new "From the world of Jumanji" tagline. Originally, the tagline for the picture was "From the director of Jumanji".

Check out the breathtaking piece of artwork...

More Freddy in Craven's Future?

Freddy Krueger
Elm Street creator Wes Craven was on hand to talk to press this weekend about his most recent project, Red Eye when IGN FilmForce managed to sneak in a few Elm Street questions. "You know, anything is possible. But it would have to be some terrific concept and some special moment in my career," Craven responded

While we're on the subject, it's obvious that the original Nightmare is still the best of the franchise. The biggest flaw in the film is the terribly cheesy final moment in which a bad body double mannequin of Nancy's mother is pulled through the tiny window in the top of the red door. Craven has criticized the ending many times, but says that he has no plans to re-edit or change the film should New Line ultimately decide to do an anniversary release of Nightmare on Elm Street. "No. You know, better to move forward."

Source: IGN FilmForce

Cillian Murphy Talks Scarecrow in Batman 2

IGN FilmForce met up with Cillian Murphy at a Red Eye junket this weekend, and had the chance to ask him about returning to the role of Scarecrow in the sequel to Batman Begins.

"If they decide to make another Batman I'd love to be in it. The main attraction to me for that film was Chris Nolan directing it, but I don't know what I'm gonna do next…"

Murphy is indeed signed for sequels should producers decide to leverage his option. "I think they have options on us, yes."

Murphy was asked whether he thought that a sequel might further explore the back story of Dr. Jonathan Crane. "Yeah. That would be cool, wouldn't it? I'd love to do that. I just read - DC sent me all the comics. He was one of the oldest villains from the comic books, so I read all of those. That's where you get all the back story, you know?"

Source: IGN FilmForce

'War of the Roses' Remake on the Way?

Michael Douglas is considering a remake of the 1989 film, War of the Roses, says Sky News, which will also his wife Catherine Zeta-Jones.
Michael Douglas

Zeta-Jones tells the site that, "I like working with Michael, as I bounce off him really well and it adds another dimension to audiences as we really are married."

Apparently the updated 'War of the Roses' would be retooled a tad.

"It's one of my all-time favourite movies and we both have ideas on how the script can be explored in a new direction. We hope to get the project up and running next spring".

Douglas isn't known for doing sequels. He had plans to do a second sequel to Romancing the Stone at one stage, but that crashed and burned, and passed several times on a sequel to Basic Instinct, which was consequently made without him.

Source: Moviehole

New Release Dates and Changes

Friday, October 7, 2005
Return of the Living Dead 4: Necropolis (limited Release after 'Dead 5')
Return of the Living Dead 5: Rave to the Grave (Limited)

Friday, November 11, 2005
*Zathura
January 27, 2006
Big Momma's House 2
Friday, February 3, 2006
When A Stranger Calls
Friday, December 21, 2005
Cheaper by the Dozen 2
Friday, February 10, 2006
Curious George
The Pink Panther

Friday, February 24, 2006
Final Destination 3
Tyler Perry's Madea's Family Reunion

Friday, June 23, 2006
Charlotte's Web
Friday, July 28, 2006
Miami Vice
Friday, August 4, 2006
Ghost Rider
October 6, 2006
Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Origin
Friday, November 3, 2006
The Santa Clause 3
Wednesday, July 4, 2007
Transformers

(* Denotes a release change)

'Spy Kids' Go Back to the Drawing Board .... Literally!

Spy Kids
Accordng to Moviehole, Robert Rodriguez and Troublemaker Studios might be planning a Spy Kids 4 - but stars Alexa Vega and Daryl Sabara won't be involved. Rodriguez says the fourth film in the franchise is likely to be animated.

"We might do an animated, straight-to-DVD thing but that would be it", says Rodriguez, adding "Couldn't do a live action thing – those kids are too big".

Cameron Bright Gets Casted as Leech

Comic Book Movie has
Cameron Bright
just reported that actor Cameron Bright, who previously appeared in the films The Butterfly Effect, Godsend and Birth has just been cast as the character Leech in Bryan Singer's upcoming X-Men 3.

In the comics Leech is also the best friend of Artie (played by Bryce Hodgson in X2) communicate in pictures and live at the mansion. Anyone within in 50 ft. of him go powerless Only a bullet could hurt him.

X-Men 3 is currently shooting in Vancouver, Canada and is set for a May 26, 2006 release.

Source: Comic Book Movie

Originally Posted by jrs
You rock ! Feel free to contribute anytime.

glad u liked it

(Some spoilers included) From the look of things this may not be a bad path to pursue

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/ind...plate=newsfull

New Pic From Creepshow 3

Creepshow 3
Tony Timpone over at Fangoria got his hands on a new image from Creepshow 3, the anthology horror sequel first reported here. The bloody actress is in the pic Stephanie Pettee, who appears in the segment titled “Alice.” The anthology was directed by Ana Clavell and James Dudelson, whose Day of the Dead 2: Contagium arrives October 18 from Anchor Bay.

As reported, the third installment of the George Romero/Stephen King-launched anthology series just completed principal photography. The film, which neither King nor Romero have anything to do with (same goes for original series producer Richard Rubinstein), follows the format of the 1982 original and features five creepy new stories. (Derived from King/Romero leftovers, 1987’s [Creepshow 2 boasted only three tales).

A 30-minute Creepshow 3 teaser will debut at Santa Monica’s American Film Market in November. A homepage is now open and a site will be updated soon at www.creepshow3.com.

Source: Fangoria

'Nightwatch' International Trailer B

The official UK site for Russia's hit fantasy horror film Nightwatch has added a new Interational trailer, which will open in the UK on October 7th

To view the clip just click here.

Source: The MovieBox

'Save the Last Dance' Sequel Greenlighted

Save the Last Dance
MTV films have announced "Stepping Up : Save the Last Dance 2" a sequel to the popular 2001 dance drama starring Julia Stiles and Sean Patrick Thomas.

The original film told of a white midwestern girl who moves to Chicago, where her new boyfriend is a black teen from the South Side with a rough, semi-criminal past.

The sequel's going to tell an all-new yarn, with producers currently on the lookout for a foxy young thing to stand in for fast-steppin' Julia Stiles.

"Save the Last Dance 2" begins filming September in Toronto, Canada. Expect it on DVD sometime next year.

'Batman' Cast Ready for Seconds

In an interview with SCI FI Wire, Batman Begins producer Charles Roven confirmed that a sequel is in the works:

"The cast - including Katie Holmes - are signed on for a
Batman Begins
sequel, the new script is in the works and that new cast members are currently being discussed. The only thing left is an OK from director Christopher Nolan. Roven told SCI FI, "We all hope there is going to be another one... We're waiting for Chris Nolan to declare himself. We will do it after he does that."

Also, Batman-on-Film reports that David Goyer has met with Warner Bros. and allegedly Chris Nolan about Batman 2. There will be screentests soon for the role of The Joker - which actors are involved is not quite clear as of yet. (Lachy Hulme and Paul Bettany are reliable candidates). Producer Chuck Roven says that everyone is waiting on Mr. Nolan to sign on to direct - which is going to happen. There are rumors that shooting the next two Bat-films back-to-back is being considered.

Source: SCI FI Wire , Batman-on-Film