The Dark Knight Rises

Tools    

I watched it last night (yes, yes, I'm that late) and in spite of the undoubtedly aforementioned plot holes (some big, some small), The Dark Knight Rises is an excellent film. I have lots of things I want to say, but I'll start with the very best scene in the film.

Now, I don't know if this has been mentioned, but it wasn't the football field; the fight between Batman and Bane; Wayne making it out of the prison with the bats symbolism; the first re-appearance of Batman. It was that scene where Alfred leaves Wayne. The emotions were subdued, yet incredibly touching, and the dialogue was so great. Terrific acting...

@ ThePrestige: The way Bane let Batman punch him in their first fight scene: very Ricardo Mayorga of him, lol!
Oh, totally agree, that was a wonderful scene. It made the ending sequence that much better for me when Alfred glanced up at the diner to see Bruce. I almost wonder if it would've been more effective, or Inception-esque, for Nolan to have Alfred look up at the table and smile without showing Bruce and Selina.

Regardless, totally great acting! Glad you liked it Brod, we always seem to be on the same page.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I watched it last night (yes, yes, I'm that late) and in spite of the undoubtedly aforementioned plot holes (some big, some small), The Dark Knight Rises is an excellent film. I have lots of things I want to say, but I'll start with the very best scene in the film.

Now, I don't know if this has been mentioned, but it wasn't the football field; the fight between Batman and Bane; Wayne making it out of the prison with the bats symbolism; the first re-appearance of Batman. It was that scene where Alfred leaves Wayne. The emotions were subdued, yet incredibly touching, and the dialogue was so great. Terrific acting...

@ ThePrestige: The way Bane let Batman punch him in their first fight scene: very Ricardo Mayorga of him, lol!
Nah Bane was using the Rope-a-dope as used by Ali against Foreman. By the middle of the fifth round Batman had punched himself out.

Ali's footwork didn't win him that fight; his chin did. Foreman had him out on his feet, he just didn't know it.

I stand by my Mayorga assessment.

Oh, totally agree, that was a wonderful scene. It made the ending sequence that much better for me when Alfred glanced up at the diner to see Bruce. I almost wonder if it would've been more effective, or Inception-esque, for Nolan to have Alfred look up at the table and smile without showing Bruce and Selina.

Regardless, totally great acting! Glad you liked it Brod, we always seem to be on the same page.
Yeah, that was a tad predictable, but I liked it nonetheless. I told my girlfriend it would happen, but I enjoyed the way Caine acted during that scene. The little smile to Wayne. Good stuff.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Foreman had him out on his feet
What does this mean? I have literally no idea, could you explain.

Of course Ali's chin won him the fight but also his mouth. He would lean in and tease Foreman; "I thought you could punch George", "You hit like a sissy George". Sending Foreman into a blinding rage and exhausting himself in the fifth round.

Ali was clever too, using the media to his advantage, telling the world that he was gonna "dance" around Foremans slow movements, all the while using heavy hitting sparring partners like Larry Holmes to condition his body against Foreman's heavy blows.

The above are not my own ideas but mainly taken from "When We Were Kings" documentary and interviews with Ali.

What any of this has to do with TDKR God only knows but much like Ali, Bane's tactics were to allow Batman to give him his best shot whilst not apperaing to be affected by Batman and taunting him verbally.

What does this mean? I have literally no idea, could you explain.
I have no idea either; just thought it sounded cool.

What any of this has to do with TDKR God only knows but much like Ali, Bane's tactics were to allow Batman to give him his best shot whilst not apperaing to be affected by Batman and taunting him verbally.
Your analogy is incorrect. Do you think Ali's tactic was to allow Foreman to give him his best shots? No boxer applies that tactic. Ever.

I was thinking more about this guy:

&feature=player_embedded

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
As I said before, Nolan should have left the shot of Wayne and Selena out of the film and left it up to the viewer to decide the outcome. It's almost too "happy" of an ending for me. I would have preferred the very last shot be of Alfred looking up, instead of JGL on the rise.

Suspect's Reviews

As I said before, Nolan should have left the shot of Wayne and Selena out of the film and left it up to the viewer to decide the outcome. It's almost too "happy" of an ending for me. I would have preferred the very last shot be of Alfred looking up, instead of JGL on the rise.
Yeah I totally agree with that. I guess Nolan felt he had to show Selina so there was some kind of resolution for that character too but I would have loved the film to end with the last shot of Alfred.

It was a 10 in my opinion, with one thing I would've changed. I would have showed the last scene where JGL finds the batcave BEFORE the scene with Alfred seeing Bruce. Then credits.

Are gettting ready to wach new batman with my sons... i know that i will think about the shooting at the movies, and my heart goes out to the people and families effected by it... but like they say the show must go on... Enjoy your movies all and stay warm .....

^ That shooting didn't come into my mind at all during Dark Knight Rises, in fact I'd forgotten all about it until you brought it up. Bit of a while back now...