write, direct, star or just watch?

Tools    

i haven't started a thread in ages - if you could choose your place in the movie world would you rather write, direct, star in, or just watch? or any combination thereof. expound as you will.....

i'd be a writer.....a highly sought after, brilliant writer.

I want to be a cinematographer these guy are my hero's my Inspirations guys like Gordon Willis,Jack Cardiff,Vilmos Zsigmond,Geoffrey Unsworth,Oswald Morris,Laszlo Kovacs,John A.Alonzo,Lucien Ballard,Andrzej Bartkowiak,William A.Fraker,Robert Burks,Tak Fujimoto,Michael Chapman,Gerry Fisher,Conrad L.Hall,Douglas Milsome,Darius Khondji,Jean Lepine
these are just some of my favorites.
________
Vapir air 2

I wanna be a director (and in a way, I guess I am).

i would direct i am a terrible actor.
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Wouldn't mind acting, I prefer watching more than anything though.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Now With Moveable Parts
Spud likes to watch everybody.

I would like to Star in the movie as my first choice.

Then, after I was rich and famous and booted Julia out of her highest paid actress slot and broke up Anniston and Pitt....I would settle down and write screenplays...that would be my retirement.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
hmm ... i have the talent for writing but do not know if i have the talent to write screenplays. my best friend does, i'd like to give it a try. if i had the talent for acting, i'd love to do that, too. and of course, watch. cinematography, too ... i do have a very visual mind and the ability to explain it (sometimes) so ... the creation of visual art would probably suit me.

I'd create. I think that's make me a writer/director.

Now With Moveable Parts
Go away you nasty potato!

Originally posted by thmilin
hmm ... i have the talent for writing but do not know if i have the talent to write screenplays.... i do have a very visual mind and the ability to explain it (sometimes) so ... the creation of visual art would probably suit me.
MAN OH MAN, if anyone here is a born screen writer it is you thmilin! i suspect you'd be a killer actress as well. i will bet you that you end up a successful screenwriter/writer. if i'm wrong, you can make me your butler for a month.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
um, did you post that in the wrong thread?

thanks patti!! i may one day try ... gotta actually finish a novel first, tho ... so many unfinished ones lying around.