MISCELLANEOUS

Tools    

My wife would probably like The Princess, that look like a documentary series? The Last Movie Stars looks interesting to me, is that also a documentary series?
The Princess is a one-off thing. The Last Movie Stars is a six-parter.

Apart from Industry, I'm not sure I'd bother with the rest if I were you @Stirchley.

I have Irma Vep recorded and have watched the first episode. I didn't dislike it but it wasn't something which had me really eager to see the next episode.

I'm still not sure how I feel about The White Lotus. I didn't think the first season was much cop, but as it's different (but the same) I'm undecided as to whether to bother with it or not.

I just didn't 'get' The Rehearsal, Not only did I not get the humour, I wasn't sure where it was supposed to be.

Apart from Industry, I'm not sure I'd bother with the rest if I were you @Stirchley.

I have Irma Vep recorded and have watched the first episode. I didn't dislike it but it wasn't something which had me really eager to see the next episode.

I'm still not sure how I feel about The White Lotus. I didn't think the first season was much cop, but as it's different (but the same) I'm undecided as to whether to bother with it or not.

I just didn't 'get' The Rehearsal, Not only did I not get the humour, I wasn't sure where it was supposed to be.
I loved the White Lotus season 1. Saw it twice.

Don’t know if I will like The Rehearsal, but will give it a shot.

Irma Vep I will either like or hate.

People are really noticing Industry now. Lots of Twitter threads, which didn’t exist a year ago when it first came out.

I’m a few episodes in on Irma Vep. Not loving it, but will finish. Huge fan of Alicia Vikander & she’s great in it. If I had to write a synopsis of this show, I wouldn’t be able to. Can barely follow the “plot” & I hate flashbacks.

I detest The Rehearsal. Who is this annoying little creepy guy whom I never heard of? The premise of the show is so very weird. Ugh.

So weird today. Husband wanted a warmer blanket so I was digging around in the storage bags under our spare bedroom bed. Came across a large black storage bag that had a summer quilt inside it. A large reversible quilt.

What’s weird is that I have never in my life seen this quilt before. Unless I had it during my 10 years in Manhattan & have forgotten it, but I don’t think so since I still have & still use another quilt from that time. I rarely forget stupid stuff like this & I have somewhat of a photographic memory.

Anyway, will drag it out again & use it next summer. Wherever it’s from, I like it.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fj8eknNUYAIHq3E.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	90299  

Felt pissy when I went to Dunkin today for coffee because a couple behind me were suddenly in front of me since I stepped away & spoke to one of the baristas for a second. I was grumbling under my breath when the couple told me they had paid for my large coffee. Boy, did I feel stupid.

I’m a few episodes in on Irma Vep. Not loving it, but will finish. Huge fan of Alicia Vikander & she’s great in it. If I had to write a synopsis of this show, I wouldn’t be able to. Can barely follow the “plot” & I hate flashbacks.
I also hate silent movies I forgot to mention.

Finished it. The guy who plays the movie director is an excellent French actor.

Good luck to anyone trying to follow this convoluted limited series. I didn’t understand about a quarter of it.

Horrible Christmas Day, but I loved this photo. This momma & her child had just arrived in NYC after 4 days of traveling from Columbia. This synagogue in Manhattan on the UWS opened their doors to these aliens & helped them with everything they could. The article said no churches had reached out to them.

Ugh, my most dreaded month of the year. Though, so far, the weather is extremely kind.

Ugh, my most dreaded month of the year. Though, so far, the weather is extremely kind.
Horrible month. I just cannot function and we’re only a week in. Migraine every day, cannot get up or do anything whatsoever. Just dragged myself to local garden centre to get breakfast (didn’t know it was 2 pm) and realised they’re only serving lunch, which makes a lot of sense, really. Don’t know how I’ll survive tomorrow.

The weather is generally okay here, too, but the atmospheric pressure is killing me.

Horrible month. I just cannot function and we’re only a week in. Migraine every day, cannot get up or do anything whatsoever. Just dragged myself to local garden centre to get breakfast (didn’t know it was 2 pm) and realised they’re only serving lunch, which makes a lot of sense, really. Don’t know how I’ll survive tomorrow.

The weather is generally okay here, too, but the atmospheric pressure is killing me.
So sorry you’re feeling down & blue. I just tested positive again for Covid, but the good thing is the weather is being extremely kind.

When I am super-stressed, I try to take one day at a time. A man I used to work for (a multi-millionaire Holocaust survivor) told me he took out one worry at a time & dealt with it. Never more than one at a time. I remember what he told me, but my worries seem to bleed into each other.

How does the atmospheric pressure affect you? Unfamiliar with this.

So sorry you’re feeling down & blue. I just tested positive again for Covid, but the good thing is the weather is being extremely kind.

When I am super-stressed, I try to take one day at a time. A man I used to work for (a multi-millionaire Holocaust survivor) told me he took out one worry at a time & dealt with it. Never more than one at a time. I remember what he told me, but my worries seem to bleed into each other.

How does the atmospheric pressure affect you? Unfamiliar with this.
Thank you, that’s kind. Today is a bit better, had a few huge wins at work but still sort of struggling, I don’t know what it is; never used to be a whiner, but I guess these few years will get anyone. I’m enjoying my new job like in the old days, get off on that corporate competitiveness and gunning for things, which is nice, I didn’t expect to feel that way again.

Changes in atmospheric pressure and/or temperature make my migraines worse (and are among the factors that trigger them). This weekend it suddenly got warmer in London, not by a lot, mind you, but I think that’s what it was.

Sometimes it’s fine, just a sort of buzzing in the ears, but this weekend was just horrendous, I can’t even describe it. My grandmother was the same, except she was even more meteodependent and straight-up felt physically ill whenever weather changed drastically.

Anyhow, I think realistically I just have the January blues. Very good advice from that gentleman, I try to do just that and of course it works. If only we all had the presence of mind to follow it through. I worked all night yesterday, not because I had to, but because when the migraine finally ended I couldn’t sleep, so I worried about everything humanly possible for the month ahead, work-related and not.

How are you feeling, do you have any symptoms? It’s absurd that this thing just strikes and strikes again. I remember when the pandemic had only just started it struck me that if I hadn’t had my surgery I’d very likely be dead from this virus, literally among the first European victims, likely, as I had all the risk factors in terms of serious breathing issues. Chilled me to the bone, that.

I will try again RE: one day at a time, I just need to apply myself.

Thank you, that’s kind. Today is a bit better, had a few huge wins at work but still sort of struggling, I don’t know what it is; never used to be a whiner, but I guess these few years will get anyone. I’m enjoying my new job like in the old days, get off on that corporate competitiveness and gunning for things, which is nice, I didn’t expect to feel that way again.

Changes in atmospheric pressure and/or temperature make my migraines worse (and are among the factors that trigger them). This weekend it suddenly got warmer in London, not by a lot, mind you, but I think that’s what it was.

Sometimes it’s fine, just a sort of buzzing in the ears, but this weekend was just horrendous, I can’t even describe it. My grandmother was the same, except she was even more meteodependent and straight-up felt physically ill whenever weather changed drastically.

Anyhow, I think realistically I just have the January blues. Very good advice from that gentleman, I try to do just that and of course it works. If only we all had the presence of mind to follow it through. I worked all night yesterday, not because I had to, but because when the migraine finally ended I couldn’t sleep, so I worried about everything humanly possible for the month ahead, work-related and not.

How are you feeling, do you have any symptoms? It’s absurd that this thing just strikes and strikes again. I remember when the pandemic had only just started it struck me that if I hadn’t had my surgery I’d very likely be dead from this virus, literally among the first European victims, likely, as I had all the risk factors in terms of serious breathing issues. Chilled me to the bone, that.

I will try again RE: one day at a time, I just need to apply myself.
I feel ok. Never feel wonderful in January, but that’s just me being mental. Felt slightly under the weather at church yesterday thinking about all the germs there. Hid behind my mask & ignored people.

I feel ok. Never feel wonderful in January, but that’s just me being mental. Felt slightly under the weather at church yesterday thinking about all the germs there. Hid behind my mask & ignored people.
Gosh, yes, I do relate to that. I have a theology degree and ever since I was a kid, I had the church germs on my mind, the pews, the chalice, the everything…

It’s a bit irrational as things do get sterilised and always were, long before covid, but I do still have these moments.

Gosh, yes, I do relate to that. I have a theology degree and ever since I was a kid, I had the church germs on my mind, the pews, the chalice, the everything…

It’s a bit irrational as things do get sterilised and always were, long before covid, but I do still have these moments.
Highly doubt anything is sterilized at my cathedral though I do recall them doing that 3 years ago. And what happened to the “ropes” they put to stop us crowding? Seems like that’s all gone away & we all have Covid.

Ps my fave outdoors kitty whom I take care of is named Calyx, which means chalice. I wanted a religious name for him.