Boomers, were you a horror/monster movie fan as a child?

Tools    

As a kid, there were horror movies that plain scared me, and those I enjoyed being scared of. I couldn't get enough of the staple movies...Frankenstein and Wolf man were my two favorites, as well as their follow-on movies. The Mummy came in 3rd place, and Dracula was a boring 4th. I think Bella tried too hard.
Boris Karloff was my hero in the early 1960's. And to think his movies were almost 30 years old at the time! Monster movies came on late Saturday nights. My buds and I would watch them in our basement until the National Anthem and that B&W Indian screen pattern told me to go to bed. Sometimes dad would sneak downstairs and jump out of the dark at us.
Two movies which really scared me right off were "House of Wax" and "House on Haunted Hill". The thought of pouring scalding wax on live people was too creepy, as well as acid baths.
Then there were the ridiculous Sci-Fi B movies, and I liked every one of them. Most had everything to do with irradiated animals and people s you know. Giant crabs eating human brains, then talking? Gigantic headed aliens that beeped in the night and killed cattle and teenagers by injecting them with lethal doses of alcohol that dripped from their dagger-like fingernails Yeah, I like that too. And the Colossal Man spearing that poor medic with a giant needle and syringe...oh, the horror.

I'm not a Boomer, (that's a Star Trek Enterprise reference right?) But I do love those old 1950s B monster sci fi movies...and you mentioned two of my favorites:
Giant crabs eating human brains, then talking? Gigantic headed aliens that beeped in the night and killed cattle and teenagers by injecting them with lethal doses of alcohol that dripped from their dagger-like fingernails
Attack of the Crab Monsters (1957) Even better than that copycat Annihilation movie
and Invasion of the Saucer Men (1957) what's more fun than a bunch of drunken teens? Drunken aliens

I see you're new here, WELCOME!
Always good to have another fan of B monster sci fi movies. This is one of my favorites and it's not even good, but what a strange family of date farmers.

Just a heads up, but every post will automatically get a quote from me as well as a “Ok, Bokmer.” Response.

You
Have
Been
Warned.

You'll have to explain that to me in further detail. Too cryptic. Is it a requisite response to Sci-Fi B movies, and why the warning?

Thanks for the welcome, Citizen Rules
Nice to see people not of that era who can enjoy the stuff. I also get pretty jazzed when my daughters and granddaughters enjoy a few of the 60s and 70's rock I listen to. Interestingly enough, they are more apt to like it if it was used in a well received modern movie. They never gave Queen a second thought until Bohemian Rhapsody became a head-banging thing. Then it was cool

Thanks for the welcome, Citizen Rules
Nice to see people not of that era who can enjoy the stuff. I also get pretty jazzed when my daughters and granddaughters enjoy a few of the 60s and 70's rock I listen to. Interestingly enough, they are more apt to like it if it was used in a well received modern movie. They never gave Queen a second thought until Bohemian Rhapsody became a head-banging thing. Then it was cool
We have a wide range of members here...We have people who are older, to much younger...and we have members from all over the world. MoFo is an awesome site! So I hope you stick around.

Queen, I use to listen to them when I was in High School, though I never did get to see them in concert. I did however see a number of bands live back in the day.

The trick is not minding
You'll have to explain that to me in further detail. Too cryptic. Is it a requisite response to Sci-Fi B movies, and why the warning?
It’s a popular meme. And I’m just being facetious, is all feel free to ignore me haha.

Victim of The Night
As a kid, there were horror movies that plain scared me, and those I enjoyed being scared of. I couldn't get enough of the staple movies...Frankenstein and Wolf man were my two favorites, as well as their follow-on movies. The Mummy came in 3rd place, and Dracula was a boring 4th. I think Bella tried too hard.
Boris Karloff was my hero in the early 1960's. And to think his movies were almost 30 years old at the time! Monster movies came on late Saturday nights. My buds and I would watch them in our basement until the National Anthem and that B&W Indian screen pattern told me to go to bed. Sometimes dad would sneak downstairs and jump out of the dark at us.
Two movies which really scared me right off were "House of Wax" and "House on Haunted Hill". The thought of pouring scalding wax on live people was too creepy, as well as acid baths.
Then there were the ridiculous Sci-Fi B movies, and I liked every one of them. Most had everything to do with irradiated animals and people s you know. Giant crabs eating human brains, then talking? Gigantic headed aliens that beeped in the night and killed cattle and teenagers by injecting them with lethal doses of alcohol that dripped from their dagger-like fingernails Yeah, I like that too. And the Colossal Man spearing that poor medic with a giant needle and syringe...oh, the horror.
Like some others, I am also not a Boomer but love all of these movies.
I'm with you House Of Wax scared the hell out of me when I was a kid, but it was Price in his stalking outfit and the shadows of him while stalking people and such that got me.
And I will not have Attack Of The Crab Monsters disparaged.

It’s a popular meme. And I’m just being facetious, is all feel free to ignore me haha.
Gotcha. I'm out of touch, technodumb, and used a flip phone until a year ago. "This is your (my) brain on old."

I'm not technically a Boomer since I was born 2 years prior (1944) to their official start, so I sort of straddled the late Silent Generation and the early Boomers.

I loved the '50s monster movies. My buddy and I were driven to the theater to see The Thing From Another World (1951), but by the time Creature From the Black Lagoon (1954) came out, we were allowed to walk to the theater by ourselves.

I loved all "the Creature" movies, as well as It Came From Beneath the Sea, Tarantula, Them!, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, The Mole People, and The Tingler.

I really liked the monster type movies and space movies like Forbidden Planet and The War of the Worlds. I never was a horror fan. I suppose the first horror movie I loved was Psycho. I don't like modern horror movies. They're too sick..

Paranormal activity. Omg, I lived in a similar house as it 1st part of this series. Actually, that was so frightening.