Round 2 Tarantino best movies

Tools    

& who might the other seven be?
Polanski, Kubrick, Allen, Lynch, Hitchcock, Coen Brothers, and Scorsece

Those are who I had in mind

Death Proof is nearly perfect?!??!
It's hard to explain why did I like it because I like all Tarantino's work - I even liked movies which he wrote and didn't direct.I guess his style is what I like most.Dialogues no matter if they mean anything,they are always unusual and interesting.Also Tarantino has this ability to create memorable scenes.I saw Death Proof probably a year ago but I still remember Ship Mast scene and the lap dance.I like that Tarantino pays attention to very minor or tiny film details and yes,sometimes he goes off the plot.But I like that.

Polanski, Kubrick, Allen, Lynch, Hitchcock, Coen Brothers, and Scorsece

Those are who I had in mind
Really? No Spielberg?

Really? No Spielberg?
I knew that would come up!!! I really do think he deserves a Spot along with finches and Nolan but idk who to replace. Any ideas?

Death Proof is nearly perfect?!??!

It's, IMO, his weakest film. It's overloaded with pointless dialog, in fact, I don't remember any of the dialog as having actually serviced the plot of the film. Plus, I use the term "plot" extremely loosely. Death Proof was over long, bloated and sloppy. It's the one Tarantino film i have no real desire to re-watch.
This must be why you love IB so much. This is very much how I feel about IB, while I adore Death Proof.

This must be why you love IB so much. This is very much how I feel about IB, while I adore Death Proof.
Woah, back it up a bit.

Inglourious Basterds has no wasted dialog. It's all there to serve a purpose and push the story, even when the dialog is only there to draw out tension like the bar scene.

Plus it actually has a plot, unlike Death Proof.

But, the biggest beef I have with Death Proof, is that I don't think it's true to the concept of Grindhouse cinema. He may have set out with that as his intention, but he got lost in his love of his own dialog. At no point, other than the grainy look, does that film really feel like it's actually emulating the style of old grindhouse films. The dialog is far too witty and long winded. Some of the production values are far too good (Planet Terror had this problem as well, if they actually wanted to make a grindhouse film they should have stayed away from CGI, IMO). Also, about half way through the film it becomes obvious that Tarantino stopped trying to make a grindhouse style film because the awkward edits and audio blemishes and even the grain start to go away and then disappear completely.

The difference is that IB never falters from what it intends to be. It sets out to tell a story, one about film saving the world from the ultimate evil (great fun for us geeks, right?!), and it does it. Death Proof just never really works. It's clunky and messy. It's also a shame that such a great car chase is stuck on the end of sloppy mess.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Grindhouse vs Pulp Fiction
Kill Bill Vol 1 vs Inglorious Basterds

Inglourious Basterds has no wasted dialog. It's all there to serve a purpose and push the story, even when the dialog is only there to draw out tension like the bar scene.
See, I think it's all wasted dialogue. IB came over to me very much like a run-of-the-mill war genre grindhouse, which I've never been fond of, while Death Proof was the best bits of what I love about those films and Tarantino combined.

See, I think it's all wasted dialogue. IB came over to me very much like a run-of-the-mill war genre grindhouse, which I've never been fond of, while Death Proof was the best bits of what I love about those films and Tarantino combined.
To each his own, I mean you are the one with Charlies Angels in your top 5 of all time.

No, I won't ever forget that and it will be a while before I can drop it. It just amuses me so much.

Grindhouse vs Pulp Fiction
Kill Bill Vol 1 vs Inglorious Basterds

Really? Kill Bill 1 beats 2?!? What's wrong with you people? Besides the trademark Tarantino conversations, Vol. 2 had oodles more heart and emotion. And, for those who apparently forgot, it also has one of the coolest fight scenes ever when Bill fights The Bride. It's over fast, but it's simply amazing, especially because it's book ended by some of that terrific dialog.

I'm amazed that Vol. one so handily defeated vol. 2. I think everyone just thinks of the fight against the crazy 88 and forgets how amazing vol. 2 really is...
Of course KB Vol 1 is better than 2 by far! It was more archetype, impressive and enjoyable, also it was visually stunning and Uma's performance was better there. That's why people appreciated it more. Plus, it was more about the journey, rather than the destination. KB 2 was so slow, predictable and too much dialogue and poor ending destroyed it. Almost all people prefer Vol 1, even critics, lol.