1930s Hall of Fame

Tools    

Everyone is Welcomed to Join!

If you're new to Hofs know that you are required to watch all the movies that are nominated and to participate in the discussions and writing your thoughts on the movies in this Hof. If you need to drop out after this Hof starts:
Do so at the very start, and most importantly PM me if you need to drop out so I know to remove your movie

IMPORTANT:
We've had a problem with people joining HoFs, but never participating, and never saying they've dropped out either. That causes problems!

New HoF members will need to post their movie write ups on a regular basis. 1 write up in the first 2 weeks, and 3 in the first month and so on. That way we know your keeping up. If too much time passes without any activity from someone, their movie with be disqualified.

Members Reviews:

Citizen Rules 7/7 List Sent In
Child Bride
The Bride of Frankenstein
Gunga Din
Make Way For Tomorrow
Bachelor Mother
Pepe Le Moko
The Scarlet Empress

CosmicRunaway 7/7 List Sent In
Gunga Din
Pepe Le Moko
The Scarlet Empress
Bachelor Mother
Make Way For Tomorrow
Child Bride

Cricket 6/7 List Sent In
Bachelor Mother
Pepe Le Moko
Gunga Din
Child Bride
Make Way For Tomorrow

Edarsenal 7/7 List Sent In
Pepe Le Moko
The Scarlett Empress
Bachelor Mother
Gunga Din
Make Way For Tomorrow
Child Bride

PahaK 7/7 List Sent In
Child Bride
Gunga Din
The Scarlett Empress
Pepe Le Moko
Bachelor Mother
Make Way For Tomorrow

Nathaniel 7/7 List Sent In
Bachelor Mother
The Scarlett Empress
Gunga Din
Pepe Le Moko
Child Bride
Make Way For Tomorrow

Siddon 7/7 List Sent In
Bachelor Mother
Child Bride
Pepe Le Moko
Gunga Din
Make Way For Tomorrow
The Scarlett Empress

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	1930s HOF.jpg
Views:	641
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	45445  

The Nominations
1930s Hall of Fame

The Scarlet Empress (1934)

Director: Josef von Sternberg
1h 44min
Nominated by: @cricket

Bride of Frankenstein (1935)
Director: James Whale
1h 15min
Nominated by: @Siddon

Pepe Le Moko (1937)
Director: Julien Duvivier
1h 34min
Nominated by: @edarsenal

Gunga Din (1939)

Director: George Stevens
1h 57min
Nominated by: @CosmicRunaway

Bachelor Mother (1939)
Director: Garson Kanin
1h 22min
Nominated by: @Citizen Rules

Child Bride (1938)
Director: Harry Revier
1h 2min
Nominated by: @pahaK

Make Way For Tomorrow (1937)
Director: Leo McCarey
1h 31min
Nominated by: @Nathaniel

It'd be great if we could also find Camo, Sean, and Vamp. They would certainly join this if they were around. Maybe GBG is interested in getting back in.

It'd be great if we could also find Camo, Sean, and Vamp. They would certainly join this if they were around. Maybe GBG is interested in getting back in.
I asked GBG last night if she wanted to join, I haven't heard back from her. I wish Camo and Sean where around, but it's going on a month since they've last posted. I'm fairly sure Vamp is not coming back, it's been two months since her last post. So many people gone

@Siddon @edarsenal @rauldc14 @Thursday Next and any one else, hey join!....It'll be easy and fun and a good way to watch some 1930s films for the upcoming 1930s Countdown.

P.S.
if I didn't mention you it's because I don't like you, ha! Joking of course I didn't do the mentions for you guys who already know about this thread, such as Cosmic, Cricket and Okay...I DO hope you guys join!...and I probably forgot some people too, but not intentionally

I'm in. I just need to decide on a nomination, which is easier said than done haha.
Cool

I'm actually torn between three nom's right now so let me rewatch them and I'll give you my pick.
and Cool

I still haven't decided either. I have a short list of 12 films to consider. Hopefully we get a few more people to join. I'm pretty sure this will be a small Hof.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I'm in.
Trying to figure out between the french version or the american version of a film I want to nominate.
It may come down to availability of them for others to see.

I don't have time to commit to this right now as it's a busy time of year for me, but have fun, I'll drop in
Bummer, I was thinking you might be someone who would like my nom. Maybe you've seen it before, if not you might like it.

I'm in.
Trying to figure out between the french version or the american version of a film I want to nominate.
It may come down to availability of them for others to see.
Cool, glad to have you Ed.

Do you have a specific start date in mind? I need to figure out how much time I have to think of a nomination. I'm throwing around a few ideas, but I haven't seen either film in a long time, so I should probably rewatch them first. Especially since I'm worried that one of them might be uncomfortably racist by today's standards haha.

Do you have a specific start date in mind? I need to figure out how much time I have to think of a nomination. I'm throwing around a few ideas, but I haven't seen either film in a long time, so I should probably rewatch them first. Especially since I'm worried that one of them might be uncomfortably racist by today's standards haha.
Oh, I just seen your post....I'm in no rush to start this. I'm still deciding myself on a nom and so are a couple other people. How long do you need?

Especially since I'm worried that one of them might be uncomfortably racist by today's standards
Those are the best kind! (no I don't mean that like it sounds), I mean movies that might be seen as racist today are important so that we can see how things were in the past. And it lends itself to good conversation. And I really like to see more convo going.

How long do you need?
I could probably decide today if I had to. I'm just wondering how long I can procrastinate haha.

I mean movies that might be seen as racist today are important so that we can see how things were in the past. And it lends itself to good conversation.
That's a very good point.

I could probably decide today if I had to. I'm just wondering how long I can procrastinate haha.
Ha for a little while

The soonest I'd start would be Saturday or Sunday. I'm easy on this and it don't matter to me. Just whenever all the noms come in and everyone wants to start.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Bummer, I was thinking you might be someone who would like my nom. Maybe you've seen it before, if not you might like it.
Well I might watch it anyway if it seems like something I might like!