1940's Hall of Fame II

Tools    

Hey guys, I lost my internet connection this weekend and I hope it will be back working tomorrow. Right now I'm at my parents house using their computer.
Who you trying to fool? You still live there.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Me too, until I was 25. I was a disaster.
me too. Had to go back in my mid 30's for a couple of years. Crazy times.

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
me too. Had to go back in my mid 30's for a couple of years. Crazy times.
Well, I could just confess something that I haven't before - although there is one person here who already knew it. A few years ago I had a really good job, but I lost it because the company left Wisconsin. I had a very hard time finding a job. I had to live with my mother. But during that time my mother had actually experienced three different health situations that made me have to stick around. Now, I am still living in this house with her because she is in a situation where she absolutely cannot live on her own. So until things get right again with her (hopefully they will), I will be stuck with my mom for awhile.

And because we are in the same house, she will watch a lot of these movies with me (the majority, actually), and boy, if you could hear some of her opinions on these films!

For anyone that is in the 13th HoF, I will say that I think that she has developed a thing for Mads Mikkelsen after seeing The Hunt. All I ever heard during it and after was "Poor Lucas" and I knew.

@cricket, I don't think she minded Vincent Gallo either. I really don't. I told her what you said (about his looks) and she responded with "I didn't think he was that bad". I really think my mother better be able to get better soon so that she can get out of the house and experience more men so that she doesn't fall for anymore men like him.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
It's amazing, @SilentVamp, how, sometimes, we get detoured, only to wind up where we really need to be.

And you should add some of your mom's opinions, I would LOVE to hear them

We still have room for more people to join! We have 11 members right now, but there's always room for more

I will be doing the reveal of the movies, tomorrow, June 1st, most likely late in the day (I'm on the west coast USA).

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
We still have room for more people to join! We have 11 members right now, but there's always room for more

I will be doing the reveal of the movies, tomorrow, June 1st, most likely late in the day (I'm on the west coast USA).

Tomorrow?! I haven't decided on my nom yet. (But I have it narrowed down to 4 movies. )

I wish I could let you nominate all four! I know how you feel I've went back and forth all week on what movie I will nominate.

I had consider:
Another Part of the Forest (1948)

Which is a prequel to The Little Foxes. I just watched it the other night and it was pretty good too.

I wish I could let you nominate all four! I know how you feel I've went back and forth all week on what movie I will nominate.

That would help.

Did you finally decide what movie to nominate, or will you make a last minute decision?

That would help.

Did you finally decide what movie to nominate, or will you make a last minute decision?
Well, I posted on the first post that my nomination was received, but, the tough part about being a host is I can flip flop as much as I want. I think I know what I'm going with.

Well, I posted on the first post that my nomination was received, but, the tough part about being a host is I can flip flop as much as I want. I think I know what I'm going with.

Unfortunately, I don't have that luxury. I'll decide before I log off tonight, so you won't have to wait for me to log on tomorrow night.

I won't participate in this one, no that I dislike 40's film, on the contrary, but I prepare a new favorite movies list so I'll mostly rewatch stuff.

I'm still giving suggestion for the 40's of films I rank 8,5 or higher and that aren't obvious (like Casablanca or Citizen Kane)

Fantasia, Mildred Pierce, Brief Encounter, Red River, The Red Shoes, Portrait of Jennie, A Matter of Life and Death, The Fallen Idol, The Shop Around the Corner, Out of the Pasy, A Letter to Three Wives and Stray Dog

Unfortunately, I don't have that luxury. I'll decide before I log off tonight, so you won't have to wait for me to log on tomorrow night.
Thanks

....I'm still giving suggestion for the 40's of films I rank 8,5 or higher...

Fantasia, Mildred Pierce, Brief Encounter, Red River, The Red Shoes, Portrait of Jennie, A Matter of Life and Death, The Fallen Idol, The Shop Around the Corner, Out of the Pasy, A Letter to Three Wives and Stray Dog
I considered 4 of those but I won't say which ones they are

Fantasia, Red River, Brief Encounter and The Shop Around the Corner have all been in previous Hofs. Good choices though

I'll keep my eye on this thread. I'm curious to see what the nominations are.