DVD Rental

Tools    

I find that dvds take longer to enjoy and require more days on rent for me to check out all the cool features.
How long do you guys think you should be able to keep dvd rentals?

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I'm not a big fan of renting DVD's, unless I know I don't want to buy the DVD. To me owning the DVD is important, its what makes DVD's unique. I need alot more time to take advantage of all the features.

If I'm on the fence about whether I want to own said DVD or not, I will go and rent it, usually to see if the extra features included are worth it. If I am just renting a movie to watch it, I usually just rent the thing on VHS.

I have run into the problem that people who rent DVDs in my neck of the woods are pretty bad about scratching the things all up. I've had quite a few that skipped when I played them.

Originally posted by ryanpaige
I have run into the problem that people who rent DVDs in my neck of the woods are pretty bad about scratching the things all up. I've had quite a few that skipped when I played them.
Ugh. You're telling me? Yesterday I went out and bought a little cd cleaner machine-a-ma-bob just to clean dvds before I play them. And also since my dvd collection is starting to grow (21!) I thought it would be a handy thing to have. I posted a thing about greasy fingerprints in the What Ticks You Off thread. I too buy the dvds for the cool extra features. In fact I used to be against owning movies till dvds were invented. I am the proud owner of (0)zero VHS tapes.

Didn't see it.
I prefer to rent DVDs over VHS movies. I find that Blockbuster's time is long enough.

Be careful if you use a rental DVD on a PC. Some discs can be encoded with a virus that can delete your system.

Also, if a DVD has a large scratch on the surface be careful about playing it in a standard DVD player. If a scratch is severe enough, it could throw of a laser's balance which can only be repaired by the manufacturer.

Movie-Fever.com | New! Movie Fever Forums