The MoFo Top 100 Animated Films - The Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Although I love Bambi, I neglected to put it on my list. Dumbo however, was #15 on my list. Yeah, that scene with Dumbo being rocked by his mom's trunk still tears me up. Love it! Glad it at least made the top 50.

Had Bambi at 21.

Seen: 26/52

4. Sleeping Beauty
5. Heavy Metal
13. Bevis and Butthead Do America
21. Bambi
23. The Lady and the Tramp
I'm very surprised that you've watched less than me at this point. Sor far i've watched 36/52.

Can i ask if fans of The Simpsons Movie felt it approached the quality of the first 10 Seasons? That's assuming those are the seasons everyone ranks the highest, which seems to be the case on online polls which means... nothing. Still it's something i agree with, or a better way to put it would be The Simpsons of the 90s.

I personally didn't, someone said earlier that it was an extended Simpsons episode in a positive sense but that was a negative for me. It made me laugh at times, but it came nowhere close to the show at it's peak, and it failed completely on an emotional level for me; something the first 3-4 Seasons of The Simpsons did better than any other TV Show imo.

I am at 26 watched.

Only two of mine have shown up thus far: Fox And The Hound and Bug's Life.

Another, From Up On Poppy Hill, will not be showing up.

I saw The Simpsons Movie when it came out. I thought it was funny and good... but I've never really cared to rewatch it.

Can i ask if fans of The Simpsons Movie felt it approached the quality of the first 10 Seasons? That's assuming those are the seasons everyone ranks the highest, which seems to be the case on online polls which means... nothing. Still it's something i agree with, or a better way to put it would be The Simpsons of the 90s.

I personally didn't, someone said earlier that it was an extended Simpsons episode in a positive sense but that was a negative for me. It made me laugh at times, but it came nowhere close to the show at it's peak, and it failed completely on an emotional level for me; something the first 3-4 Seasons of The Simpsons did better than any other TV Show imo.
Yeah, absolutely. Not really sure what I can say--it's particularly difficult to argue about comedy--but I found it as funny as pretty much anything they've done. Maybe not as good as a highlight reel of those 10 seasons, but then, expecting that from a single movie would be asking for a lot. I thought it was as funny as four or five 80th-90th percentile episodes strung together, witch a much greater degree of difficulty given that they had to do that over one coherent narrative.

29/52 seen so far.

From my list:

2. Millennium Actress (2001) #67
12. 101 Dalmatians (1961) #87
14. The Jungle Book (1967) #59
15. From Up On Poppy Hill (2011) #105
16. Lady and the Tramp (1955) #79
19. L’Illusioniste (2010) #60
20. The Wind Rises (2013) #84
24. Paprika (2006) #86

Yeah, absolutely. Not really sure what I can say--it's particularly difficult to argue about comedy--but I found it as funny as pretty much anything they've done. Maybe not as good as a highlight reel of those 10 seasons, but then, expecting that from a single movie would be asking for a lot. I thought it was as funny as four or five 80th-90th percentile episodes strung together, witch a much greater degree of difficulty given that they had to do that over one coherent narrative.
Thanks for the response, mainly your last sentence that gave me a good idea of how well you thought of it compared to the best episodes. Your spot on about arguing about comedy, either i found it funny or i didn't and noone could change that, which is of course the difference with more serious films because you could possibly shed a different light on it from what you took away from it.

Again comparing individual episodes to a full movie is impossible, while i preferred it to the seasons at the time it was made; i still found it alot weaker than even most average episodes during the shows peak S1-10.

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
Didn't send in a list because I haven't seen many animated films (can't even recall one really) but just wanted to commend Miss Vicky on a very well designed thread.

Dumbo is better than all movies. The Godfather could win the all-time MoFo countdown, maybe GoodFellas, Seven Samurai, Pulp Fiction, whatever. Dumbo is better. Next week, something else might be better. But right now, Dumbo (1941) is better. my #10

Through the snow and sleet and hail...through the blizzard, through the gale...through the wind and through the rain...over mountain, over plain...through the blinding lightning flash...and the mighty thunder crash...ever faithful, ever true...nothing stops him! He'll get through!

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Look out for Mr. Stork
That persevering chap
He'll come along and drop
A bundle in your lap...

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I love Dumbo, but it wasn't heavily considered for my list because there are better Disney movies, and I didn't want to have 3/4 of my list filled with Disney movies, so I cut many of my favorite Disney movies.

I really struggled with whether or not to include Bambi on my list because I love the movie, and Thumper is one of my all-time favorite characters, but ultimately it didn't make my list simply because there are just way too many Disney movies that I love, and I had to draw the line on Disney films somewhere.

I'm very happy to see that both of these movies made the list without my help, and I hope there are several more Disney movies coming up on the list too.