1961 Best Picture Nominees

Tools    

Oh and I had West Side Story on my list too! And the spotty dog film as my son used to call it

You do have to remember tho that some mofos are from all over Europe although you wouldn't know it from their perfect English! We in Britain grew up with those European films bring shown on the BBC decades ago, so it's not necessarily an art house foreign film mentality, it's just what you're used to

You can count me in the people who would enjoy this more if it wasn't so heavily weighted towards foreign films. I don't mind watching foreign films once in a while, but there are just too many of them making the final ten nominations for my tastes.
Six in English, four not. Where is this "heavily weighted" towards foreign films of which you speak?

Sane - Glad you liked a Taste of Honey , it's long been one of my favourite films
Had never heard of it before but once I got used to the accents I really enjoyed it. Not sure my wife understood anything anyone said though

Had never heard of it before but once I got used to the accents I really enjoyed it. Not sure my wife understood anything anyone said though
Heh, I'm not surprised! It's an interesting film because of the youth of the author of the original play, Shelagh Delaney and the groundbreaking way she highlighted some social taboos of the time

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I was reading up a little bit about Through a Glass Darkly before watching it, and I found a poster of it that has a big spider pictured on it. Does this movie have anything to do with spiders?

I'm very serious because I have a terrible fear of spiders, and I won't be able to watch it if there are spiders in it.

I was reading up a little bit about Through a Glass Darkly before watching it, and I found a poster of it that has a big spider pictured on it. Does this movie have anything to do with spiders?

I'm very serious because I have a terrible fear of spiders, and I won't be able to watch it if there are spiders in it.
Best not watch it then as I'm pretty sure there is

Best not watch it then as I'm pretty sure there is

Okay, thanks for the info. I'll just have to make my list from the top 9 movies.

Just for the record, I watched Through a Glass Darkly last night, and there is a spider in the movie, but it's a very quick scene near the end of the movie.
How did you feel about it?

Just for the record, I watched Through a Glass Darkly last night, and there is a spider in the movie, but it's a very quick scene near the end of the movie.
How did you feel about it?

Well, it didn't make me happy, but I got through it. (But I had a bad nightmare about spiders last night. )