2nd Chance Hall of Fame

Tools    

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Is there a maximum time limit or is any previous film OK? The one I was thinking of nominating is quite long (2hrs 50) but I don't want it to be a chore for fellow HoF members so I can pick something else.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Is there a maximum time limit or is any previous film OK? The one I was thinking of nominating is quite long (2hrs 50) but I don't want it to be a chore for fellow HoF members so I can pick something else.
I see no reason on a time limit that is any different than the normal rules

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I see no reason on a time limit that is any different than the normal rules
The Host as spoken! And a valid point made. If it's already been in a previous HoF it IS eligible.
For me it's not the length of a film it's whether or not I like it. An hour length film can be excruciating if I can't stand it. And while nearly 3 hour films can be quite the endurance test, if it's something I enjoy, it quite easily passes.

So, if you found something you love and wish to give it a "Second Chance" then you really should go with it. And thank you for the courtesy and remarking on your concern of it's running time.

We got 8 for this so it will be a nice little HOF. Looking forward to rewatching most of these. Admittedly skeptical of a few but will be fun still

I'm probably going to finish the 17th HoF before I watch any of the nominations for this one. I only have 3 films left for that anyway, so I probably won't be too late starting this.

I just figured I'd give everyone a heads up in case I don't get anything watched during the first week.

I'm probably going to finish the 17th HoF before I watch any of the nominations for this one. I only have 3 films left for that anyway, so I probably won't be too late starting this.

I just figured I'd give everyone a heads up in case I don't get anything watched during the first week.
I'll be doing the same along with the B Movies, though I may knock one or two out depending on I bounce around.
But VERY curious to see what everyone choose.

I'm looking forward to the reveal as well.

There were a handful of films I had on my shortlist to nominate, but I ultimately went with one that I only saw once, a number of years ago. I'd been planning to watch it sometime this month, and since it was eligible for this HoF, it just seemed like the right choice.

We got 8 for this so it will be a nice little HOF. Looking forward to rewatching most of these. Admittedly skeptical of a few but will be fun still
How many have you seen before? I bet a lot as you've done a number of main Hofs in the past.

Me too. I have 3 left for the 17th and I'm not looking forward to one of them... But I'll watch those first, before starting this HoF.

This is where K-On! takes its rightful place in the Hall of Fame.

Ha that would be a miracle if it did. It came in last in the 6th HoF. It's not even a movie is it? Isn't it a TV series?

Ha that would be a miracle if it did. It came in last in the 6th HoF. It's not even a movie is it? Isn't it a TV series?
Oh I know haha.

There was a film released after the TV series that someone nominated. It just looked so out of place when I was deciding on a nomination.

It's a movie. K-On! is also a TV series, but what was nominated was a movie. It's an annoying movie that was really hard to get through and I don't know WTH Guap was thinking when he nominated it, but it is a movie.

Also something tells me that the movie you're not looking forward to for the 17th HOF just might be my nomination.

I'll get through a good two or three more for the 17th Hall of Fame and then I may bounce around between that and this.
I'll be doing some SERIOUS bar hopping from HoF to HoF. Should be a lot of fun.

Memento

Nominated by Edarsenal
Originally nominated by Teeter G in 2nd HOF

Le Trou

Nominated by Nathaniel
Originally nominated by Pussy Galore in 5th HOF

The Man From Earth

Nominated by Jabs
Originally nominated by GbGoodies in 6th HOF

Ed Wood

Nominated by CosmicRunaway
Originally nominated by Cobpyth in 4th HOF

Letter from an Unknown Woman

Nominated by Neiba
Originally nominated by Sane in 7th HOF

Raise the Red Lantern

Nominated by Citizen Rules
Originally nominated by Christine in 6th HOF

Pierrot Le Fou

Nominated by MijaFrost
Originally nominated by Frightened Inmate in 6th HOF

Farewell my Concubine

Nominated by ThursdayNext
Originally nominated by Godoggo in 1st HOF

After Hours

Nominated by Rauldc
Originally nominated by Cobpyth in 2nd HOF

I have not seen Concubine either, as I was not a part of the first Hall of Fame (and the 12th)

I also have no recollection of seeing Pierrot Le Fou. I think I had to have it averaged in as I couldn't find a source the last time.

I am most looking forward to seeing Raise the Red Lantern and Letter from an Unknown Woman again.

I do NOT look forward to seeing The Man from Earth again, but I still will.