Highlander remake (starring Henry Cavill)

Tools    

Reynolds has done serious roles before, I mentioned in an earlier post here about him in a tv movie with James Earl Jones. Looked it up, it's called Finder's Fee.

But no matter how well he acts here, I don't think I'll be interested.

What do you have to say about this Mr. Lambert?

That is hilarious, Ryan Reynolds...he plays with swords once and now he is a master swords man apparently. Nobody should of gave that boy a knife..LOL

I heard that the director has left the project, so its possible that Ryan Reynolds could be recast.

I can't stand Ryan Reynolds. Him joining every single project he gets offered can't be good for that Deadpool movie. He keeps saying "Oh we'll start production on it as soon as I finish THIS one movie, I promise." then he goes and joins another 4 projects.

Besides, Ryan Reynolds in Highlander? Definitely miscast.

Semper Fooey
There can only be one.

Ryan Reynolds isn't that bad, seriously. He's no worse than Bradley Cooper, and everyone on this site thinks he's the **** these days.

I don't mind Reynolds. It's the piece of sh*t remake that's going to bother me. You can take a warm gooey turd and wrap it up in a pretty package. But it's still a turd.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Well it's not like they didn't have a confused looking frenchman play Connor.

I doubt they'll go with the Scotsman thing. I imagine this will be a 'reimagining' and more americanised version of the story.
lol

Americanize a tale of a Highlander. How will that work.

for.me highlander wouldn t work without christopher lambert, he made it happen and thata the way i see it

Welcome to the human race...
Heh, now *this* is a thread worth bumping.

I don't think there's been any news on the reboot front lately, though. Thought I heard that they might try to get Chad Stahelski to make it but that could just be a rumour.

I've just been reading the source material, and various other bits on the web as I thought genesis-pig made a typo... this seems to be actually what the filmmakers said... surely they made a mistake.

"Reynolds will play Conner MacLeod, a Highlander who discovers he is one of a dwindling group of immortals who wander the earth and kill each other in combat for the final “Prize” – immortality."

Spot the blunder? If they can't even get the premise of the story right, and they've got Reynolds in the lead... this is looking to be the biggest pile of tosh since Highlander 2.
Spot the blunder? I've found two.
They're immortal already, this is true,
But there's no way in Hell they're a dwindling species
If Duncan McLeod could kill them weekly.
I'll try not to be snide.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Reynolds is not a action movie star. Dead pool doesn’t count as it’s equal comedy action. Reynolds is a poor mans Mel Gibson (lethal weapon version).

P.s loving doing these poor mans posts. Maybe it will be my thing on this site.

Welcome to the human race...
You certainly do very well at making a poor man's posts.

But seriously, I think we could probably do with editing Ryan Reynolds out of the thread title since there have been no concrete reports on this front since 2012 and there's no point in bumping this thread unless there's some actual confirmation that this is happening.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
You certainly do very well at making a poor man's posts.

But seriously, I think we could probably do with editing Ryan Reynolds out of the thread title since there have been no concrete reports on this front since 2012 and there's no point in bumping this thread unless there's some actual confirmation that this is happening.
Thank you for the compliment

Just saw that this post was from 2012 - what a great year 2012 was. Remember Kony?

CONFIRMED: Henry Cavill Says He’s Starring in the Highlander Reboot

Henry Cavill confirms he's joining the upcoming film reboot of Highlander from John Wick director Chad Stahelski and is portraying a lead role.