23rd MoFo Hall of Fame

Tools    

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Here was my list. Sorry I just got home... was out in Kansas all day due to a sick kitty at an emergency clinic

1 being best

1. Hunger
2. The Skin I Live In
3. Christiane F
4. Schindlers List
5. La Mummia
6. Gangs of New York
7. Stand By Me
8. The Reflecting Skin
9. The Fisher King
10. Great Mouse Detective
11. La Samuria
12. Banshun
13. Yellow Submarine
14. Jo Jo Rabbit
hope your kitty is doing better and nothing serious

I'm only catching up on this thread now because the weekend totally got away from me and I completely forgot about the reveal, not that I would have been awake for it anyway haha.

Some notes: The only two films in this HoF I did not like were Yellow Submarine and Gangs of New York. I'm still not sure which one I dislike more, but I spared Yellow Submarine from placing last on my ballot purely because it's shorter. If anyone nominates either of these films again in a future HoF, I'm not rewatching them.

I'm surprised that The Fisher King placed as low as it did. It's nowhere near being one of my favourite of Gilliam's, but I thought it would ultimately rank somewhere in the middle of the pack

The Night of Counting the Years, Hunger, and Christiane F. were all in the bottom part of my ballot, but I liked all of those films. They only placed so low because I happened to enjoy other nominations just a tiny bit more. I'm particularly glad that The Night of Counting the Years was nominated, since I would not have watched that otherwise.

I'm glad you guys enjoyed JoJo enough overall that it placed so high! It was #2 on my own list. Le Samouraï was #1. I didn't expect it to win over Schindler's List or anything, but I was silently rooting for it.

My List:
01. Le Samouraï
02. Jojo Rabbit
03. Schindler's List
04. The Skin I Live In
05. Late Spring
06. The Fisher King
07. Stand By Me
08. The Great Mouse Detective
09. The Reflecting Skin
10. Hunger
11. Al-mummia