Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Tools    

Rumours surfaced...

Abrams is apparently pencilled in to return as director for Ep IX. Rian Johnson has been confirmed as the director for Ep VIII in 2017... some sources say Johnson will direct IX, but it's really all cloak and dagger again right now but early footage of Episode VII has been met with such appraisal that Disney are negotiating for Abrams' return.

Also, IMDb and Wiki, plus others, have Episode IX down for a 2019 release.

Rumours surfaced...

Abrams is apparently pencilled in to return as director for Ep IX. Rian Johnson has been confirmed as the director for Ep VIII in 2017... some sources say Johnson will direct IX, but it's really all cloak and dagger again right now but early footage of Episode VII has been met with such appraisal that Disney are negotiating for Abrams' return.

Also, IMDb and Wiki, plus others, have Episode IX down for a 2019 release.
That's pretty short release span - that'll be 3 films in just 4 years (not even counting the spin-off film they're making).

Doesn't bode well for me when they start cranking out this many films in such a short timespan.

I'd feel that way if it were the same director, but since they're alternating and presumably sharing scripts, their production schedules can overlap significantly.

I really like Abrams. I loved Super 8, and am excited to see a new, fresh face taking over this franchise. With Disney's money behind it, I doubt it'll be a let down!

Is Abrams going to have a time-traveling, old Luke meet young Luke, have his home world of Tatooine destroyed, and say that this creates a splinter continuity that changes, yet coexists with everything we ever knew and loved about Star Wars?

"Luke, I am NOT your father... ever since your temporal counterpart came back in time and created a splinter timeline that ret-conned all reality. Obi Wan Kanobi... HE was your father... and Han Solo is your brother... you are not related to Leia in any way... so it's okay to kiss her again... if you want."
-Darth Vader

Is Abrams going to have a time-traveling, old Luke meet young Luke, have his home world of Tatooine destroyed, and say that this creates a splinter continuity that changes, yet coexists with everything we ever knew and loved about Star Wars?
Would be cool if he added a Delorean and time travel.

This might just do nobody any good.
Call Matt Reeves Call Matt Reeves Call Matt Reeves Call Matt Reeves Call Matt Reeves

"Differences between Trevorrow and the studio executives"

Basically Disney's suits aren't letting directors make films. Again. Like every other studio in the world.

This might just do nobody any good.
Or they saw The Book of Henry. Both equally believable circumstances.

Hey, Disney, I hear David Lynch is back in town...

Yes, there will be another Star Wars Movie.

I say wait and see what Rain Johnson does with 8 If its really good let him finish the franchise but let him have all the time he wants and dont worry if there is not a star wars film every year. And if Rain Johnson cants do it. JJ should come back and finish what he started with this trilogy.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I hear a lot of people saying either Del Toro or Patty Jenkins (just because of Wonder Woman I guess) but let's go really unconventional; Cary Fukunaga.

Suspect's Reviews

I hear a lot of people saying either Del Toro or Patty Jenkins (just because of Wonder Woman I guess) but let's go really unconventional; Cary Fukunaga.
I think they will get Patty Jenkins for the new Star Wars movie.

Welcome to the human race...
I imagine she'd be too tied up with the next Wonder Woman movie, especially if they still want to move ahead with their 2019 release date.

I think they will get Patty Jenkins for the new Star Wars movie.
Patty Jenkins makes more since for a stand alone movie maybe for the long rumored Young Princess Leia or Ahsoka movies. When i mean leia there is a rumor that they wanna do a Young Luke and Leia movies that shows there lives up until before Rogue One.