favorite movie soundtracks: whats yours?

Tools    

i LOVE the soundtracks to garden state, amelie, rushmore....and many more. just curious about others favorites?

hugs, kate

Here's Johnny!
kill bill mission: impossible donnie darko ernest and the rockers (?)

im dont really buy movie soundtracks but i like Pulp Fiction, south park:bigger longer and uncut and Team America:world police. Matt stone and trey parker can make some really funny songs

STOMP FREAKIN' TASTIC!
Predator
Predator2
The Rock
Shaolin Soccer

General instrumental stuff that packs a bit of a punch.

The People's Republic of Clogher
I'll divide mine into 2 catagories - 1. 'Proper' soundtracks, written for the film. 2. Collections of songs played in the film.

1. Once Upon a Time in America

2. 24 Hour Party People

The Big Chill

Extra Mild
forest gump & trainspotting

Mine are:

1. Lord Of The Rings - all 3 are amazing
2. Donnie Darko
3. Save The Last Dance

history *is* moralizing
Donnie Darko
The Ring (oh that song at the end of the American version!)
Spiderman 2

Randomly visiting for now
Mine are

1) Braveheart
2) Forest Gump
3) Gladiator
4) The Shawshank Redemption
5) The Shining
6) Kill Bill (both volumes)
7) Donnie Darko

All these soundtracks really suited the particular film and helped achieve special moments in each of them respectively that would not have been possible without the magical scores or creative songs used. Try listening to movies like these without the soundtrack and you will see how much is lost and gained by great soundtracks.

Mine:

1.Snatch(+the two tracks in the trailer that werent in the movie)

2.Pulp Fiction

PS: Spooky.Forest Gump has two R-s Forrest Gump

Damn right Dunhill, I love both of those soundtracks. Tacitus, I believe the first category you mentioned would define a score, not a soundtrack. I like anything involving Tarantino/Rodrigues, especially From dusk 'til dawn. I know I should burn for that though. Snatch is a favourite of mine as well.

mine?...
THE CROW ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK
THE CROW ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SCORE
RESIDENT EVIL ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SCORE
RESIDENT EVIL: APOCALYPSE ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK.

Jurassic Park, Snatch, Pirates of the Caribbean, Moulin Rouge, The Shawshank Redemption, Lord of the Rings.

Too many to mention.

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell Abbott 66-04
Kill Bill. Got me into a lot of music. Including Shivaree.

Rushmore was a little dissapointing, because its missing some good Stones stuff, etc., I guess Empire Records

Probably Team America: World Police would be my favorite.

I'm a sucker for songs that make me laugh, and I was in tears after I heard the song about how bad Pearl Harbor sucked. What was the title . . .

Joe Dirt - This movie and soundtrack work best when listened to in an old car with crappy speakers.
The Lion King - You laugh and I start stabbing things.
Wayne's World - Can be listened to following the Joe Dirt soundtrack.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.