Holiday Movie Hall of Fame

Tools    

Happy Holiday Hall of Fame

Tis the season to spread some Holiday Cheer!

This is open to all MoFos...Everyone is welcomed!

The theme is: those happy, sappy, heartwarming, sometimes funny, sometimes poignant Holiday movies (Christmas, Thanksgiving, Hanukkah), that are often tagged Family and rated (G,PG,PG13)

Feature films, made for TV, direct release or short films are all fine. I'd like this wrapped up by Christmas. I mean who wants to watch Christmas movies after the holidays Nothing longer than 160 minutes.

Members Reviews:..............
Citizen Rules 8/8 list received
A Christmas Carol / Scrooge
Home Alone
Just Friends
Rise of the Guardians
The Family Man
The Muppet Christmas Carol
The Nightmare Before Christmas
The Year Without a Santa Claus

Edarsenal 8/8 list received
Home Alone
Just Friends
Rise of the Guardians
The Family Man

Gbgoodies 8/8 list received
Home Alone
Just Friends
Rise of the Guardians
The Family Man

MovieGal 8/8
A Nightmare Before Christmas
Rise of the Guardians
The Family Man

Rauldc14
7/8
Home Alone
Just Friends
Rise of the Guardians
The Family Man

TheUsualSuspect
7/8 list received
Home Alone
Just Friends
The Family Man
The Rise of the Guardians

Thursday Next 8/8 list received
Home Alone
Just Friends
Rise of the Guardians
The Family Man

Wyldesyde19 8/8 list received
Home Alone
Just Friends
Rise of the Guardians
The Family Man

The Holiday HoF Nominations

The Family Man (2000)
Citizen Rules

The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992)
Wyldesyde19

A Christmas Carol (1951)
Edarsenal

Home Alone (1990)
Rauldc14

Rise of the Guardians (2012)
TheUsualSuspect

The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)
Thursday Next

The Year Without a Santa Claus (1974)
Gbgoodies

Just Friends (2005)
MovieGal
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	The Family Man (2000).jpg
Views:	722
Size:	155.6 KB
ID:	68826   Click image for larger version

Name:	Muppets Christmas Carol (1992).jpg
Views:	702
Size:	185.3 KB
ID:	68827   Click image for larger version

Name:	A Christmas Carol (1951).jpg
Views:	693
Size:	144.4 KB
ID:	68828   Click image for larger version

Name:	Home Alone (1990).jpg
Views:	694
Size:	226.8 KB
ID:	68829   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rise of the Guardians (2012).jpg
Views:	699
Size:	150.7 KB
ID:	68830  

Click image for larger version

Name:	The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993).jpg
Views:	704
Size:	160.6 KB
ID:	68831   Click image for larger version

Name:	The Year Without a Santa Claus (1974).jpg
Views:	693
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	68840  

I'm most definitely NOT going to join this one. I hope everyone enjoys their stay, and just acknowledge this isn't my thing
It's cool Do you celebrate the holidays over there in Finland?

I’m going to pass on this for now. I may reevaluate once the nominations are announced, but I don’t want to commit and then be forced to rewatch something I hate like A Christmas Story or It’s a Wonderful Life.

I’m going to pass on this for now. I may reevaluate once the nominations are announced, but I don’t want to commit and then be forced to rewatch something I hate like A Christmas Story or It’s a Wonderful Life.
That's cool. As usual there's the one week after the noms are revealed to decide if you want to join.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I'm interested in this HoF, but I just want to wait until the nominations are announced to see what movies are nominated. I'm not concerned about rewatching movies that I've already seen, but I don't want to watch any horror holiday movies.

In the meantime, I'm narrowing down my shortlist of possible nominations in case I decide to join.

Let the night air cool you off
I'm not committing to this (yet) but I am considering it. A question however: is there a lower time limit? If I wanted to nominate something like The Snowman which clocks in at only 26 minutes, would that be acceptable? Or are only feature films allowed?

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
But I would so love to see a bashing write up of A Christmas Story! It would be a fun read.

I'm not committing to this (yet) but I am considering it. A question however: is there a lower time limit? If I wanted to nominate something like The Snowman which clocks in at only 26 minutes, would that be acceptable? Or are only feature films allowed?
Short films are fine, even good, as I'd like this wrapped up by Christmas. I mean who wants to watch Christams movies after the holidays So hopefully no really long films (I'll add about time limits in the 1st post)

It doesn't have to be a feature film, it could be made for TV or direct release....Did you mean The Snowman (1982)? Yup that's fine. I've seen it it's good, but many, many years ago, so would like to see it again.

I'm interested in this HoF, but I just want to wait until the nominations are announced to see what movies are nominated. I'm not concerned about rewatching movies that I've already seen, but I don't want to watch any horror holiday movies.

In the meantime, I'm narrowing down my shortlist of possible nominations in case I decide to join.
Ed said the same thing, so this will all be real holiday themed movies, not crime caper flicks committed on Chrimstams eve or something like that. But you can wait until the reveal to see. Hopefully you and Miss Vicky join.

WTF is a "real holiday themed movie"?
Hard to describe but I'm sure most know what a holiday themed movie is. The movie poster image is a good example. Though I haven't seen them all in the poster so can't vouch for all of them. But most of those are well known, like: Elf, Miracle on 34th Street, Frosty the Snowman, Christmas Vacation, stuff like that.