1) A Clockwork Orange
2) The Shining
3) This Is England
4) Bad Boys
5) BArry Lyndon

Please give me your opinions I feel in the mood to see a great film right now

/J Runals

Can you be a little more specific?

Am I the only one who can physically feel gigantic twists ? Perhaps this is what the TC is referring to. I can't recall every movie where this has happened to me ... Fight Club is one I remember. Last episode of Sopranos ...

A heart stopping film would in my definition be a film that had an incredible ending or was or was completely unexpected or just a movie that brought out your emotions and you were so into it that you forgot about anything else.

~Loves a good classic movie~
As far as an exciting (heart stopping) movie is concerned, I think that Jurassic Park kept me on the edge of my theater seat more than any others. Especially the scenes when the T-Rex was attacking the stopped tour vehicles. I real nail bitter.

Se7en also was a tense movie to watch.

I remember when I first saw Wait Until Dark, just about everyone screamed during one of the last scenes. Pretty heart stopping, I would say.

Emotionally - The Fountain
In your face/edge of your seat - Children of Men

Let me add to the three I already posted, The Good Son - when
Wendy had to choose between saving the life of her son, Henry,
or her nephew, Mark.

...provided me a subtle "heartstop" The Prestige...
other than that first time I saw in the cinema -Tom Cruise in War Of The Worlds (2005) having the choice to save ("save") his son...or his daughter...1st time my mouth stayed open in the cinema at that scene.

and idd also go for The Fountain in some field/degree of emotional power

Hmm interesting choices. I have never seen The Fountain, The Good Son, or Children of Men. I will definetly be checking them out.

The bathroom scene in Fatal Attraction was pretty heart stopping.