Swine Flu

Tools    

The Elected Movie Eliminator
It's very dangerous and it's shocking over in Mexico. I believe it's hit our territory and we're on high alert. Chances are you won't get it, but if it goes unnoticed, it spreads frequently and then things could get very dangerous. I'm worried about this but hopefully Australia (along with the rest of the world) try and prevent this from getting any worse.

Jerry Shaw, you have been activated.
I agree. Hopefully people get checked out even if they have the slightest of symptoms. I also just read that Israel confirms it's first case of swine flu in a young man who recently returned from Mexico and had contracted the virus.

It's defiantly spreading fast.

The Elected Movie Eliminator
It is, and it's spread in Europe, Canada, New Zealand and Australia. I want to stay positive, but this Flu is deadly, moving fast and isn't a good sign. Hopefully no one, here, in Australia dies from it. (Nor do I wish anywhere else).

...It's the Apocalypse, it's all there in Revelations. Don't believe me? Look it up!

...uh the post is up there...

I thought I heard people were surviving it without any medicine.

Just be careful, stay positive, maybe wear a germ mask if you're that afraid of it.

If you catch it early enough people are being treated for it and recovering well from what the news is saying. Ill tell you what is really annoying me, all these people complaining about holidays being cancelled because airlines have cancelled flights, it could potentially be saving their lives! Not to mention the fact they get a full refund or an alternative holiday destination. But what annoys me more than that, people are dying and seriously ill yet they are still pissy about their holidays being cancelled.

There are no cases of swine flu that ive heard about in the north west, but I think everyones all like "OMG she sneezed shes got it" type thing at the min.

Oooo it was also on the news that the particals of the virus are so small that wearing masks isnt going to help anyone, makes me sad to see people wearing then despite it isnt going to help them much if at all

Originally Posted by mark f
In about a week, you probably won't remember it.

My goodness, Mark F. Will you please take care of everyone here when I'm not around? Looks like you also have the power!

RightUpTheLittleTramps@ss !
Now I'm scared. If I live hope I get a Giant Microbe plush of this guy. Its a stuffed animal. A safe illness.

Arnie Cunningham- Right up the little tramps @ss!

Originally Posted by martian leader
Now I'm scared. If I live hope I get a Giant Microbe plush of this guy. Its a stuffed animal. A safe illness.
.... what the frick are you talking about? I'm psychic and I still can't figure this out.

By the way, they won't be making anymore Puppet Master movies.

I'm actually feeling sick today. I hope I don't have swine flu!

If I do, maybe my Miss Piggy avatar gave it to me.

I think there is a common sense middle ground that is needed when things like this happen. Panicking and going all out crazy is one extreme, but also ignoring the issue is another. Better safe than sorry in cases like this, but I do not think there is cause for any major alarm either, not at this point anyway. I for one am going to cancel my trip to a Tijuana pork plant however - I was offered an alternate destination of North Korean Nuke site though.

My teacher said there's been some talk about closing off the Mexican border.

You ready? You look ready.
Only 60 some cases in the USA. All of them are minor with only 2 or 3 hospitalizations. I'm sure most of the other developed countries are the same way. No, the only reason this is getting headlined so much is it's development and deadliness in an underdeveloped country (Mexico). Um, of course it's going to be more deadly there.

The only thing I find annoying is the people that stock up/overuse the anti-viral. One, it takes away from people who really need it. Two, it's possible the swine flu will develop resistance to it. Which just puts us all in more danger when another type of swine flu comes down the road 10 years from now.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

RightUpTheLittleTramps@ss !
.... what the frick are you talking about? I'm psychic and I still can't figure this out.

By the way, they won't be making anymore Puppet Master movies.

Its a plush animal. I'll pm ya.

Yes they are making another Puppet Master movie. You remind me of a certain **** from a forum site I'm on. WHICH I HATE!!!!!

Originally Posted by martian leader
Yes they are making another Puppet Master movie. You remind me of a certain **** from a forum site I'm on. WHICH I HATE!!!!!
Hmmm....

The King of Movies
It's Y2K all over again.

This thing won't do ***** all. In America all the people who had got the virus survived.

The media just wants to scare us.

I have actual real life issues to worrie about instead of some bull ***** the media is trying to scare me about yet again.

In a few months time, we won't even remember what the Swine flew is. The media will scare us about the economy again by then. Then after that, the media might want to scare us about terrorism or perhaps global warming.

What if the terrorists are spreading the Swine flu and it will cause issues with the economy and they are using a lab up in the arctic which is melting ice caps?