Tools    

is this for real? I never watched the show personally but a good friend of mine goes absolutely ape sh*t over this show. He's gonna be happy

Just Plain Awesome
Ok im a little Concerned. For those of you who don't know about "The Avatar" its a Cartoon on Nickelodeon. An despite its child aimed fan base it is actually a great show. It has a good storyline an is filled with everything; action, adventure, comedy even romance. If you haven't seen it i would highly suggest it.
Now for those of you that do know what im talking about then you might of heard of the live action movie that is coming out in 2010. Simply put i couldn't be more excited. Now by know your probably wondering; were is the concern. So far the details of the movie are little to none. The one detail that you can find about it is the director, *sigh* M. Night Shamalan. Now your thinking why this worries me. Well simply put M. Night's performance has been sleeping, horribly. for example, "The village", "Lady of The Lake" and of course his most Disappointing movie to date, an Probably the worst movie of all time, the happening. (that title doesn't even deserve proper punctuation). So i guess this topic could be sumed up in one question; Will he **** it up?

I love the TV show, I watch it every time it comes on
Glad they're making a movie, hope it pays up

I Doubt M. Night Shymalan Will Be Directing It. The Movies He Does Are Original Not Based Off Some Stupid Cartoon.

The Movies He Does Are Original Not Based Off Some Stupid Cartoon.
How very dare you! Avatar is one of the greatest cartoons of all time! And there's nothing to doubt, it's a done deal. Apparently he's already written the script and previewed a rough teaser trailer at Licensing Expo in New York.

OT: It's gonna be a disaster.

How very dare you! Avatar is one of the greatest cartoons of all time! And there's nothing to doubt, it's a done deal. Apparently he's already written the script and previewed a rough teaser trailer at Licensing Expo in New York.

OT: It's gonna be a disaster.
Eh, I Don't Like The Cartoon.

I'm pretty excited for it. It's cool that M. Night Shyamalan is doing something different.

I never watched the show, but based on the little knowledge I know of it, a live-action movie could be great.

Don't care for this show at all. Not that I think anyone over the age of 12 should.
Are you kidding? Avatar was initially aimed for children but I seriously doubt anyone BELOW the age of 17, 18 would fully enjoy it.
It has depth to the plot, and the characters are complex.

In fact, it´s so well written it is far better than many "grown-up" shows out there.

If you don´t like it, that´s your opinion.

Here's this as well:

http://movies.about.com/od/moviesinp...nder061108.htm

I really can't wait to see this, it sounds like it would be interesting. Though I am a huge fan of the show, I really do doubt it will pay up to the original TV series.

This will be a good chance for M(id) Night to make some folks some money so they will shut and leave him alone.

Then he can get back to making art!

I really don't know if a live action version will do the series justice. One of the reasons I liked the animated series was because the characters would have over-the-head facial expressions at times, like anime do, which added to the humor of the series.

All I see this becoming if it materializes is another version of Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon with excessive use of CG.

And for those who actually sat through and watched the entire series, there is absolutely no way they will be able to tell the entire story in one sitting. The producers would be looking at a gig that is like Harry Potter.

Oh, and FYI: It will more than likely have a "Twist" LMAO