Mortal Kombat: Devastation

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Latino Review suggests this footage is from a demo reel for Fame director Kevin Tancharoen's planned reboot of the Mortal Kombat series, created to attempt to sell the idea to Warner Bros.

Suspect's Reviews

Latino Review suggests this footage is from a demo reel for Fame director Kevin Tancharoen's planned reboot of the Mortal Kombat series, created to attempt to sell the idea to Warner Bros.
Actress Jeri Ryan, the actress portraying Sonya Blade in the video, has confirmed via Twitter that this is a short film created by a director to sell Warner Bros. on his Mortal Kombat pitch. "It's not a game trailer. Actually was made for the director to sell WB on his vision for a reimagined MK film," Ryan says on her Twitter page, adding " I did it as a favor to a friend. No idea yet what WB's reaction to it was.".

Source: Kotaku

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
So is there any news on this actually being released cause I loved the trailer IMO it would be great to have a reimagining of MK.

So is there any news on this actually being released cause I loved the trailer IMO it would be great to have a reimagining of MK.
i dont think its for a movie i think its for a new game.

i cnt find anything about a movie, this clip is on a lot of games websites.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Mortal Kombat: Rebirth is a 2010 action short film directed by Kevin Tancharoen with fight choreography by Larnell Stovall. Based on the Mortal Kombat series of fighting games, the short-film "actually was made by the director to sell WB on his vision for a reimagined MK film."[1]

Initially appearing on YouTube, the video was received with confusion by websites such as IGN and 1UP.com, both of which were uncertain if the video was a viral marketing ploy to promote either a new film or a video game. Contradicting reports came from the actors involved, with White's representatives believing it was an advertisement for an upcoming Mortal Kombat game,[7] while Ryan admitted her appearance was as a favor to a friend and described the video as a pitch for a film.[8] Tancharoen made the movie for $7,500.[2]
From Wikipedia

If that trailer is hinting at how the movie will be, it'll be one of the worst movies ever. They completely disregard EVERYTHING about each character's real bio, let alone not taking advantage of utilizing all the different realms...because when I think mortal kombat I think of a police station

I think they have to disregard the character bios if they want to reboot the series, or make a reasonably well-received film. The back stories are too absurd; finding real-world equivalents for each character can be inventive and ground the story in a degree of reality that the other films couldn't dream of.

I hope it happens.

The back stories are too absurd; finding real-world equivalents for each character can be inventive and ground the story in a degree of reality that the other films couldn't dream of.
It'll probably work best as a satire of our postmodernist obsession with dark, realistic remakes.

Unfortunately it won't be, which is why it'll most likely suck.

there's a frog in my snake oil
I'm afraid that accordin' to the trailer, it's gonna be somethin' Uwe Boll's style
Not accordian to this trailer...

Supercalifragilisticexpia-lidocious! =)
Not accordian to this trailer...

Oh, man, this rocks! I'd gladly watch that whole movie!

It would be nice to watch a reboot of the mortal kombat, I hope the makers won't let us down.

People Need To Re-Read **** Twice on Here
first of all omfg... robin shou was never sub zero so how can you say once again? plus none of the originals are back and its mortal kombat rebirth , not devistation... this post is all wrong.

The post was created before this faux trailer hit the web, so the title is fine. The thing we've seen isn't an actual movie; no actual movie even exists yet, or has been approved. The first title was a rumor, and the trailer is just a sort of proof-of-concept to try to gain funding.

Supercalifragilisticexpia-lidocious! =)
but i doubt it can be worse than Annihilation
Well, pardon me for necroposting, but can someone explain to me why Annihilation is considered to be so bad movie? To me it's one of the best remakes of some game! I'm not quite a fan of MK, especially of the earliest games, but the film's good! All the characters are portrayed well and the plot is strained up to the end! Basides, the visual effects are good indeed for that time!