Resident Evil: Afterlife

Tools    

Terrible films, they should let them die now.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
So The Matrix and Resident Evil had a baby and they filmed it with James Cameron's camera?

Suspect's Reviews

Entertainment Tonight On Set of ‘Resident Evil: Afterlife’

Entertainment Tonight recently visited the set of the Resident Evil: Afterlife and came away with a little of everything. While the main focus of the fourth Resident Evil’s marketing seems to promote its use of James Cameron’s 3D technology seen in Avatar, ET’s interviews with cast members gave the actors a chance to speak for themselves. In 90 seconds, we get insight into life with the film’s star (and director’s wife) Milla Jovovich, as well as Shawn Roberts take on his own character of Albert Wesker, the movie’s main villain.

The most promising aspect of Resident Evil: Afterlife is not necessarily the 3D, although that does make the experience more appealing, but rather the reuniting of Anderson as director and Jovovich in the lead. While the franchise has been in Jovovich’s hands and stayed afloat, many fans would argue neither sequel came close to match the original.

If there’s one thing Anderson can raise his hand high for in his short resume as a film director, it is Resident Evil. Having said all that, who knows where the franchise goes from here considering a reboot is already in the works for the fifth installment.

The first film of the story came from a video game by the same title and still remains arguably one of the better game crossover films to date. Ali Larter, far removed from her whipped cream bikini days of Varsity Blues, reprises her role as bad-ass Claire Redfield from the third installment. She mentioned just how difficult it can be shooting in 3D, even with the payoff.

“It takes three times as long to shoot anything, but it actually looks incredible.”
What makes Afterlife even better is the increased relevance to the game franchise. The addition of Albert Wesker, a character whose moments in the trailers seem directly taken from the latest franchise video game, Resident Evil 5, gives the movie the villain it needs – Just as what our own Rob Keyes said they should do with the Afterlife when it was announced last year. In the interview segment from ET, Wesker talked about what he brings to the film.

“He is the evil in Resident Evil…hell-bent on taking over the world and making sure that Alice is under his thumb.”
The footage from trailers does look great and the technical side of the production can be vouched for as a legitimate use of technology. All that is left is telling a compelling story and the Resident Evil franchise may go back to its roots and stay alive even longer. The Entertainment Tonight set visit proved the cast and crew work as a cohesive unit and had plenty of fun on set. The light-hearted bunch doesn’t seem to bring a dark, brooding attitude to the production, regardless of the gore surrounding them.

Resident Evil: Afterlife hits theaters September 10, 2010. Anderson mentioned he will present plenty of news and footage from the film at the San Diego Comic-Con in late July.

Source: Screenrant

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Im really looking forward to seeing this

highly doubt this is the "official" poster, but maybe.

best trailer http://www.residentevil-movie.com/

more stills:

nice to see Miller getting some face time after Prison Break. He does brooding well, so here's hoping for a great performance. it also looks as if some of the mutated enemies mirror the games a bit closer - with the addition of the Redfields and Wesker, perhaps this one is a nod to the game lovers out there? frankly, i didnt think the movie franchise had any juice left, so it'll be interesting to see what they do.

yeah, I figure the poster is a fan piece. hopefully they'll come up with a better pic. think i read release is now somewhere around 9/2010?

Here’s the official synopsis for Resident Evil: Afterlife:

In a world ravaged by a virus infection, turning its victims into the Undead, Alice continues on her journey to find survivors and lead them to safety. Her deadly battle with the Umbrella Corporation reaches new heights, but Alice gets some unexpected help from an old friend. A new lead that promises a safe haven from the Undead leads them to Los Angeles, but when they arrive the city is overrun by thousands of Undead and Alice and her comrades are about to step into a deadly trap.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I dislike this 3D rubbish, If 3D actually look good I dont think I would have a problem with it but everything I have seen in 3D is just arse.

I dislike this 3D rubbish, If 3D actually look good I dont think I would have a problem with it but everything I have seen in 3D is just arse.
Tell me about it. ****ing 3D is the rage right now and I am really starting to think this rage will last a long time. Thank god Nolan is against this ****. He is right, it's completely alienating and plain money grabbing bull.

the only thing with this the next Res Evil film is all the plugging for 3D, thats not the reason to see it, the story is.
that just shows us the story is gonna be pants

Second Resident Evil: Afterlife Trailer

A second movie trailer for Resident Evil: Afterlife has made its way online. The first half of the trailer gives us more information about the story, where as the second half is just an opportunity for Screen Gems to show off all the scenes they filmed with the ‘latest 3D technology’ (they used the same team behind James Cameron’s Avatar).

Watch the trailer below:

In a world ravaged by a virus infection, turning its victims into the Undead, Alice continues on her journey to find survivors and lead them to safety. Her deadly battle with the Umbrella Corporation reaches new heights, but Alice gets some unexpected help from an old friend. A new lead that promises a safe haven from the Undead leads them to Los Angeles, but when they arrive the city is overrun by thousands of Undead and Alice and her comrades are about to step into a deadly trap.

Resident Evil: Afterlife will be released on September 10th and is directed by Paul W.S. Anderson.

Source: Filmonic

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Damn this looks like its going to be awesome

Only thing is I really dont like the blatant 3D rubbish, where the things come towrads the camera eg when Alice throughs the ninja stars etc This sort of thing really grinds my gears.