The Videogames Tab

Tools    

Looking forward to getting back into this thread more. I'm not really playing other games much, because I'm playing in the SpyParty Competitive League Championship match on November 8th, so it's hard to relax or enjoy other things, but I've got a long list of fun stuff I've been saving for when that's over with.

Finally gonna sit down with a few of the great titles I've heard about in here.

At least I've found the Black Dye Master, who can dye all my armor sets to super cool ninja black.
have u played legends yet?

So, seeing as it's been years since I've played Skyrim I decided to pick it up again for old times' sake and I just finished the main quest. To say I'm disappointed would be above and beyond an understatement. I kill Alduin and...nothing? I even went back to Hrothgar expecting at least a pat on the back for saving the freaking world. Nothing. No one's there but one of the Greybeards practicing some shouts. I actually searched the entire place for someone to acknowledge me. I'm all "You guys, I killed Alduin!" "Guys?".

At least Paarthurnax gave me a thanks (of sorts) before he peaced out.

So, seeing as it's been years since I've played Skyrim I decided to pick it up again for old times' sake and I just finished the main quest. To say I'm disappointed would be above and beyond an understatement. I kill Alduin and...nothing? I even went back to Hrothgar expecting at least a pat on the back for saving the freaking world. Nothing. No one's there but one of the Greybeards practicing some shouts. I actually searched the entire place for someone to acknowledge me. I'm all "You guys, I killed Alduin!" "Guys?".

i have elder scrolls morrowind on the original xbox

The People's Republic of Clogher

I think it's a sign of its age more than anything else, plus it's an open world game which you can keep playing forever after you beat the main quest. I think I remember some npcs making reference to your deeds, but I'd imagine a newer game would include a lot more dialogue lines.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Not really, no. I usually don't get a system until it's several years into its lifecycle. Even then, unless my ps4 just dies I doubt I'll move over. There would have to be like 5 solid games in play to attract me at this price. Ghosts of Tsushima was a potential, but that got released. I'm kind of surprised on a level as that would have been a magnet for people like me to move over to the ps5. That title alone wouldn't have done it though and I guess they could guarantee more sales on the current gen that's out than gamble on the next. Iderno. I'm happy with my 4. If I had the extra cash, I'd rather buy a guitar!

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

London 2038 made it to the beta on Halloween, and I've been playing it since. I always liked Hellgate London, so I'm obviously liking this version too. And the last character wipe was before the beta, so it's all good now.

Well, not all, all good. Servers are really laggy at times (often during the peak hours which seem to be EU evenings) and the auction house is misbehaving. I hope the guys in charge can fix those issues as otherwise, the game is better than ever. And it's been 250+ players every day during the peak.

Not really, no. I usually don't get a system until it's several years into its lifecycle. Even then, unless my ps4 just dies I doubt I'll move over. There would have to be like 5 solid games in play to attract me at this price. Ghosts of Tsushima was a potential, but that got released. I'm kind of surprised on a level as that would have been a magnet for people like me to move over to the ps5. That title alone wouldn't have done it though and I guess they could guarantee more sales on the current gen that's out than gamble on the next. Iderno. I'm happy with my 4. If I had the extra cash, I'd rather buy a guitar!
same i wont be getting ps5 till next year when theres more games and bundles and editions and colours and deals. im keeping my ps4 pro.

there's a frog in my snake oil
Holy crap, this is still around:

The 80s and 90s PC games still unbelievably being updated today

I'm pretty sure I played that at Uni.

(Yes I went to uni just as email was starting to be a thing, and when internet browsers could display a red & yellow page saying 'McDonalds', and not much else. Quiet at the back now )

But **** I remember 'MUDs'. Really terrible but strangely charming online text adventure game worlds. Where you turned left past this hilly knoll, and turned right at that chatty troll, and found your way to new realms by solving puzzles. And got helped out by friendly locals, and got destroyed in [press 1 to strike high] sword fights by some guy who was already using macros back in the 90s.

Weird ****.

I mainly hung out in some chat rooms and talked to Americans though. That was weirder still

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
anyone excited for ps5 and xbox series this week? i be getting both
The fact that Cyberpunk will be on PS4 and I only use it play media, I’m a no.

Wait, you’re telling me they developed a Gran Turismo in less than 8 years? GT was what usually motivated me to buy the newest system.

The fact that Cyberpunk will be on PS4 and I only use it play media, I’m a no.

Wait, you’re telling me they developed a Gran Turismo in less than 8 years? GT was what usually motivated me to buy the newest system.
gosh i was pissed off when they delayed cyberpunk next yr -.-
gosh havent played grand turismo for long time since ps1 days lol

there's a frog in my snake oil
@Yoda Aus tells me your bro has a Quest headset now? I’ve got some Steam codes for a few VR games going spare if he wants them (Creed, Raw Data). Gimme a shout if so. (I believe streaming PC to Quest / Steam gaming is a faff, so may not be that useful, but there if he wants them )

A system of cells interlinked
I’m thinking about buying Assassin‘s Creed Valhalla. One of the few titles from that franchise that has interested me.
I picked up Odyssey when it hit, and it might be an example of too much of a good thing etc. etc.

Really fun game, but man, it is enormous, and I eventually just got sort of tired of it. Everything about was really good, except that it was just too damned long. I will get back to it eventually, but not for a while!

You ready? You look ready.
I picked up Odyssey when it hit, and it might be an example of too much of a good thing etc. etc.

Really fun game, but man, it is enormous, and I eventually just got sort of tired of it. Everything about was really good, except that it was just too damned long. I will get back to it eventually, but not for a while!
Yeah, they have definitely expanded the worlds quite a bit. I feel like AC is one of the few dependable franchises at the moment. Like the formula they follow couldn't be more perfect. Drop you in a tiny map to get accustomed to the game and then move you to an even bigger map and let you loose. I'm not usually one to get into that sorta game play but the idea of pillaging the English countryside has its charms.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

A system of cells interlinked
Yeah, they have definitely expanded the worlds quite a bit. I feel like AC is one of the few dependable franchises at the moment. Like the formula they follow couldn't be more perfect. Drop you in a tiny map to get accustomed to the game and then move you to an even bigger map and let you loose. I'm not usually one to get into that sorta game play but the idea of pillaging the English countryside has its charms.
Absolutely beautiful games. The level of detail and immersion in the worlds now is really remarkable. Enjoy!

Meanwhile, I think I am almost done with Bloodborne. At least, the difficulty curve would have me think that.