Things that annoy you...

Tools    

I am half agony, half hope.
When people say "Butt naked" instead of "Buck naked".

My students say 'chickmunk' instead of chipmunk. I've showed them the correct spelling, we've sounded it out, and still they say it!

Johann von Goethe

I am half agony, half hope.
Witt's avatar annoys me with its incessant face punching... I can't even look at it, I have to scroll it out of view.

No offense Witt. Just being bitchy.

Welcome to the human race...
Witt's avatar annoys me with its incessant face punching... I can't even look at it, I have to scroll it out of view.

No offense Witt. Just being bitchy.
Not a fan of smirking revenge, eh?

On topic, I guess I annoy myself a fair bit these days...

When people say "Butt naked" instead of "Buck naked".

Wonder where the term "Buck naked" came from?

As to things that annoy me....

My Mum right now....

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
A thread to vent all those things that annoy you, big or small! No gripe too petty!!

The culture of the celebrity. I don't care about Jordan or Peter Andre or Peaches Geldoff or Amy Winehouse or any of the other desperate, vacuous, talentless idiots that our nation seems to obsess over.

Sauce packets in resturaunts what is the deal with them? They seem to have about as much sauce in them as a pin head. On the subject of Sauce what is it with sauce bottles in cafes etc the sauce looks like ketchup but it has had so much vinegar added it just tastes horrible!

People in supermarkets who give me horrible looks when I have my son stood in between my legs when im on the mobility scooters in the shop. Also in the shops when im in a wheelchair and have my daughter or son on my lap, I get looks as if im some kind of perv, this really pi$$es me off.

I hate people who speed passed schools full stop, but when I take my son to school or pick him up there is always some idiot who speeds passed the school grounds, I mean come on there are young kids coming and going from school.

Feel free to add your own gripes

Buy the ticket, take the ride.
People who moan about every tiny thing and act like they're getting it far worse than anyone else and don't appreciate how lucky they actually are.

People in supermarkets who give me horrible looks when I have my son stood in between my legs when im on the mobility scooters in the shop. Also in the shops when im in a wheelchair and have my daughter or son on my lap, I get looks as if im some kind of perv, this really pi$$es me off.
What you should do is point to the person and say loudly to one of your kids, "Is that the weirdo over there? If he (she) ever tries to talk to you again, run and tell me!"

Two of the ladies I've been married to have physical handicaps that legitimately qualify them for their tags to park in handicap zones--what my current wife and I call the "crippled and crazy" parking after a passing nosy Rosie once demanded, "Are you qualified to park there?" "Damn right," I said with a glare, "she's crippled with arthritis and I get psychotic flashbacks to the war when I talk to a**holes like you!"

Although it doesn't happen often, for some reason having some buttinski jump me over handicap parking just really chaps me. And it doesn't much matter who or why. There was one night when I was still married to my ex-wife when we took the family and some friends from out of town to this particular restaurant. There was a vacant handicapped parking space by the door that I pulled into, just as another vehicle passed behind us and parked in a regular parking space a few feet away. My ex had polio when she was just a baby and so has worn leg braces all her life and walks with a pronounced limp, so naturally she doesn't move fast or far. So we're milling around getting everyone out of the car when a one-legged guy on crutches gets out of the passenger side of the other car and yells, "How many handicapped people do you have in that car?" And I yell back, "How many does it take, big mouth?"

That sorta startled everybody, but what the hell. My wife quaified for that parking space, we had the legal sign for the car, I got there first, and I wasn't about to beg that joker's pardon or explain things to him when he could get around enough to pick fights and she had trouble walking.

I've since come up with a less in-your-face response, but haven't had a chance to use it yet. But the next time someone asks if I'm legally parked in a handicapped zone, I plan to ask him, "Are you a cop or are you just being nosy?" Figure that should end the conversation right there.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
You go, Joker Jack! I know you laughed after you posted that.

Skipping back one post... Am I missing something? You mean the ones you don't start? Or it's OK in the Shoutbox?

A thread to vent all those things that annoy you, big or small! No gripe too petty!!

The culture of the celebrity. I don't care about Jordan or Peter Andre or Peaches Geldoff or Amy Winehouse or any of the other desperate, vacuous, talentless idiots that our nation seems to obsess over.

Sauce packets in resturaunts what is the deal with them? They seem to have about as much sauce in them as a pin head. On the subject of Sauce what is it with sauce bottles in cafes etc the sauce looks like ketchup but it has had so much vinegar added it just tastes horrible!

I hate people who speed passed schools full stop, but when I take my son to school or pick him up there is always some idiot who speeds passed the school grounds, I mean come on there are young kids coming and going from school.

Feel free to add your own gripes
All these things annoy me except the supermarket one because I haven't experienced that yet, although just hearing about people acting that way annoys me, so yeah, all of it.

Even the name annoys me.

Wimbledon annoys me.
Too much grass and Federer, very annoying.

Watching a movie that you get out from the library and you are almost finished that movie and then it freezes.
Don't get me started on this one.

People who moan about every tiny thing and act like they're getting it far worse than anyone else and don't appreciate how lucky they actually are.
It annoys me how little perspective people have.

Threads full of pithy negativity.
Negativity sucks.

Predictable posts.
Agreed.

A lot of things seem to annoy me these days, and this surplus of annoyance I carry around with me gets heavier by the day. And dammit, you know what? That annoys me most of all.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

People who think they know everything about everything and then can't admit when they are wrong.

People who have some sort of an authority over you and are complete schmucks about it. You know like they don't answer you as soon as you as a question, instead they make you wait 30 seconds just to prove they don't have to answer to you as if you were a lesser being.

People who choose to be ignorant about things that really matter.