Russian Language Hall of Fame II

Tools    

Thanks, but Russian language movies are a bit of a blind spot for me. Have fun, everyone, and good luck, Error!
I think I will enjoy this one from the bench. 1) For the reasons I stated before and 2) because I was checking on Letterboxd how many Russian films I've seen and I don't think it even amounts to 10, or maybe even 5. And the ones I've seen are either fairly well known (which means that probably most people here have seen them or will get nabbed first) or are just crap. But I'll be looking and picking up recommendations.
That's fair! I hope to see you both in the 25th HoF and future HoF's though.

I'm in--sounds like a good time!

I'll just add my usual caveat that I won't watch films with unsimulated animal cruelty, so once all the films are nominated I'll vet them and then make my exit if there's something out of my scope.

Do not reveal your nomination in the thread!
This is usually a rule because we tend to keep the nominations secret until we're ready to start the HoF, but since you're adding the films to the first post already, it might not be necessary.

This is usually a rule because we tend to keep the nominations secret until we're ready to start the HoF, but since you're adding the films to the first post already, it might not be necessary.
Sorry, I'm new to this, so I might not get all the particulars right. How do the starts of these threads usually work? I removed the pictures, btw.

Count me in I will message you my nomination.

There are 3 or 4 Russian films that are big gaps for me. Really hoping they make this list so I have no excuses for not having watched them.

And for those who don't know about this absolute gem of a film site, fill your boots:

https://russianfilmhub.com/

Sorry, I'm new to this, so I might not get all the particulars right. How do the starts of these threads usually work? I removed the pictures, btw.
Since you set April 29th as the deadline, you'd typically keep everyone's nominations to yourself until then. Some hosts will just update the main post when it comes time to reveal the nominations, while some others will do a reveal in the thread as well. It's up to you to decide how you want to handle it.

Everyone has their own hosting style, so there's no one right or wrong way. You can keep it nice, clean, and concise, or be flashy and flamboyant. I'm probably the only one who adds unnecessary flair to my posts (see the Fantasy Hall of Fame for an example of that lol), but I find that fun. Similarly, when the HoF is over and it comes time to post the final results, you can provide the basic information about ranking and points, or go over-the-top.

Since you set April 29th as the deadline, you'd typically keep everyone's nominations to yourself until then. Some hosts will just update the main post when it comes time to reveal the nominations, while some others will do a reveal in the thread as well. It's up to you to decide how you want to handle it.

Everyone has their own hosting style, so there's no one right or wrong way. You can keep it nice, clean, and concise, or be flashy and flamboyant. I'm probably the only one who adds unnecessary flair to my posts (see the Fantasy Hall of Fame for an example of that lol), but I find that fun. Similarly, when the HoF is over and it comes time to post the final results, you can provide the basic information about ranking and points, or go over-the-top.
Aye, I see. Thanks for the insight! That'll come in handy.

I'm still looking over various Russian films, but I'll have my nom into you before the start of the HoF. This should be a fun HoF, can't wait to see what the movies will be!

The trick is not minding
This is just a reminder that I'll reveal the nominations in two days. If you still wish to join, you'll have till May 6th to decide.
But I wanna know now!!!!

*Stomps off to sulk in the corner*

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I doubt I'll join due to not wanting to put too much on my plate, but may check some out. I was in the first one and it was fun.

Before I reveal the nominations, do I reveal who nominated each film, or do I leave that a secret for a bit and give everyone some time to guess who nominated what?

Before I reveal the nominations, do I reveal who nominated each film, or do I leave that a secret for a bit and give everyone some time to guess who nominated what?
It's been done both ways, it's up to you. Though it's hard to guess who nominated what, as I don't even know some of the new members....You could even have the noms remain secret until the HoF is over.

....You could even have the noms remain secret until the HoF is over.
This gives rise to a fabulous idea - a 'Psychic HOF' where people watch what they think the nominations might be and the one who gets most right wins

Here are the nominations:

The Cranes Are Flying (1957, Mikhail Kalatozov)
Nominated by: SpelingError

Letter Never Sent (1959, Mikhail Kalatozov)
Nominated by: ScarletLion

Stalker (1979, Andrei Tarkovsky)
Nominated by: Citizen Rules

The Dream of a Ridiculous Man (1992, Aleksandr Petrov)
Nominated by: jiraffejustin

The Thief (1997, Pavel Chukhray)
Nominated by: Wyldesyde19

Khrustalyov, My Car! (1998, Aleksey German)
Nominated by: Ultraviolence

The Return (2003, Andrey Zvyagintsev)
Nominated by: Takoma11

Leviathan (2014, Andrey Zvyagintsev)
Nominated by: nidral