Who wants to be on our next podcast?

Tools    

Bump!

We've gotten through most of the list here. But since it's been seven months since the thread was started, I'd ask that anyone still waiting in line, so to speak, confirm that they're still interested. If so, they'd probably still end up going in the same order they volunteered.

And, of course, if anyone wants to sign up now, go for it. Might not be much of a wait when the dust settles.

Also, if anyone's nervous, just ask some of the people who've been on about it. Most of them were nervous, too, but they all did a good job and all seemed to have a good time in the end. It's not as bad as it seems!

People can suggest whoever, but obviously actually planning for and recording the podcast requires substantial involvement from them, so they'd need to commit to that themselves.

What's needed to be a podcaster? A microphone I'm sure, but will the very tiny & cheap free one that came with my computer suffice? And Skype has been mentioned? I'm not sure how that works? Does one download it? Or sign up for it?

Anything else a potential future podcaster should know about?

Yeah, you just need Skype (a freely available program), and a microphone. Ideally a headset where the mic sits right in front of your mouth. Even a really cheap one does a very good job.

Technically we can interview anyone with a phone, but the audio quality suffers a lot, and I actually have to use real money (albeit not very much) to call an actual phone line, as opposed to another person using Skype.

So, at this point I think I'm going to insist on both the Skype thing and the mic thing, barring special circumstances.

Yeah, you just need Skype (a freely available program), and a microphone. Ideally a headset where the mic sits right in front of your mouth. Even a really cheap one does a very good job.

Technically we can interview anyone with a phone, but the audio quality suffers a lot, and I actually have to use real money (albeit not very much) to call an actual phone line, as opposed to another person using Skype.

So, at this point I think I'm going to insist on both the Skype thing and the mic thing, barring special circumstances.
Wattsap is free, spooky and i have used it many times

I'd love to do another podcast. It was so much fun talking about The Wave with Yoda and Nebbit. Nebbit actually surprised me with how insightful she was, and Yoda was an amazing host.

What does it involve? I'm ashamed to say that I've not listened to one
Basically you have a three-way conversation about aspects of the movie and whenever your perspective agrees with Yoda's it gets included in the Podcast

(Sorry Yods, couldnae resist)

Basically you have a three-way conversation about aspects of the movie and whenever your perspective agrees with Yoda's it gets included in the Podcast

(Sorry Yods, couldnae resist)
Lmfao, what's the main focus of the podcast? Maybe I'll listen to the last one if it's still available?

Lmfao, what's the main focus of the podcast? Maybe I'll listen to the last one if it's still available?
I've only given an ear to a couple so not best qualified to answer this but I don't think there's any specific focus, it all depends on the particular movie and what the three of you find interesting to converse about. I'm sure those involved will be able to better answer that though.

Yoda normally incorporates the podcast into the thread as one option of listening in so I'm sure they will all still be available.

The post above describes some of the requirements. In a nutshell: Skype, a (preferably headset) mic, and a bit of time to help select the film/discuss the film. And that's it.

I would definitely recommend people listen to one or two just to get a feel for what kinda stuff we're usually looking for. Here's an RSS feed with direct links to the files. Everything back to the Gattaca episode is fairly emblematic of the setup we've been using lately.

We've got our next guest, and it's...

@The Rodent!

He's already sent over his choices, and we may have settled on one already, sans vote. Will decide soon, but we're tentatively looking at an early or mid-December taping and a release before Christmas.

Fantastic .... Robocop (1987) it is then

I did give him a little nudge first, reminding him that a film isn't a good choice if all we're gonna do is gush about it. Nah, I've actually said that to all the guests.

He put together a nice range of films to choose from, though, and I think the one I'm leaning towards is actually an inspired choice that manages to fit the style we've had on previous podcasts, but still very much reflect his tastes. I'm excited about it.