The random fact thread

Tools    

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
If you fold a new 20 dollar bill a certain way, you will see the pentagon on fire, if you flip it over, you will see the twin towers on fire.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Long ago in england people at pubs had a whistle baked into the rim of their beer mugs. The whistle was used to call the bar tender over for a refill. That is where the phrase "wet your whistle" came from.

"Ithyphallophobia" is a morbid fear of seeing, thinking about or having an erect penis

there's a frog in my snake oil
Originally Posted by Alvin
Ahh, you pooped on the party

Originally Posted by Spudly
If you fold a new 20 dollar bill a certain way, you will see the pentagon on fire, if you flip it over, you will see the twin towers on fire.
And that's before you get really creative...

http://thebiggestsecretpict.online.fr/nwo/20$+911.htm

---

Some people in the UK ain't too happy about the influx of Poles under the new European rules. But it ain't nothing new...

Scottish immigrants 'invaded' 16th Century Poland

The hummingbird is the only bird who can fly backward...

The only time keeping device Columbus had on his ship was a half hour sand glass.

The referee tossed a jump ball after every basket in basketball until 1937.

One serious study on the differences between the sexes concerning their eructation habits found mat when fed the exact same food, women have more concentrated gas than men, or "a greater odor intensity."

In a year you will have swallowed 14 insects - while you slept!

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Originally Posted by diamondgeeza
In a year you will have swallowed 14 insects - while you slept!
It's 8 spiders.

The phrase "rule of thumb" is derived from an old English law which stated that you couldn't beat your wife with anything wider than your thumb.

hahahaha boondock saints.

The seinfeld one is false, it's not every episode, it's just most of them. Since there is no Superman in the parking lot, or the chineese restaurant...among others.

Suspect's Reviews

President George W. Bush was once a cheerleader.

In the U.S. there are 18 doctors called Dr. Doctor, and one called Dr. Surgeon. There is also a dermatologist named Dr. Rash, a psychiatrist called Dr. Couch and an anesthesiologist named Dr. Gass

Originally Posted by TheUsualSuspect
The seinfeld one is false, it's not every episode, it's just most of them. Since there is no Superman in the parking lot, or the chineese restaurant...among others.
Apparently, the Parking lot one started in his appartment. Not sure about the chineese resaurant one though.

"Yahoo! was originally called 'Jerry's Guide to the World Wide Web'. "

An Australian Actor changed his name to "Yahoo Serious"

Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.

If the population of China walked passed you, in single file, the line would never end because of the rate of reproduction.

- It takes Several hundred thousand years for newly made photons (light) to travel from the core of the sun to it's surface.

- The Bank Of America used to be The Bank Of Italy

The germs present in human faeces can pass through up to ten layers of toilet paper.

The best recorded distance for projectile vomiting is 27 feet.

Originally Posted by diamondgeeza

The best recorded distance for projectile vomiting is 27 feet.
I'd have to see that for myself to believe it.

The word 'Indiana' is Native American for 'Land of the Indians', yet less than 16,000 Native Americans live there.

You can't lick your elbow.

Most people will try to after reading that.

I have actualy seen someone lick their elbow. It is possible