The random fact thread

Tools    

It has occurred to me that people always seem to know many weird and wonderful thing's, So i thought i'd give you all a place to post you random fact's and any useless information you have.
It can be literally anything, about anyone or anything, I'll give you a few to start the ball rolling......

A Saudi Arabian woman can get a divorce if her husband doesn't give her coffee

Every time you lick a stamp, you're consuming 1/10 of a calorie.

In every episode of "Seinfeld" there is a Superman somewhere.

Sherlock Holmes never said "Elementary, my dear Watson."

In the movie "Casablanca," Humphrey Bogart never said "Play it again, Sam."

Get the idea........

Originally Posted by diamondgeeza
Every time you lick a stamp, you're consuming 1/10 of a calorie.

In every episode of "Seinfeld" there is a Superman somewhere.

In the movie "Casablanca," Humphrey Bogart never said "Play it again, Sam."
I've heard of those I just quoted before, the others I did not. Actually I believe the superman figure in his appartment takes care allot of those episoses as everyone pretty much shows them chatting in there at least once per show. What about the episode where they got lost at the mall? Where was the superman then?

What about the episode where they got lost at the mall? Where was the superman then?
Couldn't answer that, mainly because Seinfeld is one of the worst programs i've ever seen, So i don't really watch it that often, That little nuggett of info came fron a m8 of mine...

Beside's, You have missed the point of the thread, It's somewhere to post those random or useless thing's people tell you, i'm a lorry driver and i speak to a lot of people every day and i'm alway's being given useless information mainly by bored storeman or receptionist's that have nothing better to do than sit on the internet all day! It's only a bit of fun, don't take it so seriously!!

Originally Posted by diamondgeeza
Beside's, You have missed the point of the thread, It's somewhere to post those random or useless thing's people tell you,
I never missed the point of the thread at all. I was curious and figured I'd ask for the hell of it. Side questions and discussions do come up in threads under certain topics now and then.

Originally Posted by Escape
I've heard of those I just quoted before, the others I did not. Actually I believe the superman figure in his appartment takes care allot of those episoses as everyone pretty much shows them chatting in there at least once per show. What about the episode where they got lost at the mall? Where was the superman then?
they began that show in Jerry's apartment

ps - a piece of paper can not be folded in half more than 7 times

Horrorphiliac

there's a frog in my snake oil
The proteasome mechanism can shuffle DNA-prescribed peptide arrangements on white blood cells, creating...

Oh wait. Nah. (Tis amazing tho, honest )

How about...

During a railway expansion in Egypt in the 19th century, construction companies unearthed so many mummies that they used them as fuel for locomotives.
http://www.discover.com/issues/sep-0...20thingsdeath/

A year is exactly 365 days, 5 hours, 48 minutes and 46 seconds long.

Clocks made before 1687 only had an hour hand.

The Apollo 11 had only 20 seconds of fuel left when it landed.

Lemons have more sugar than oranges.

I'll post more later...

It is more "acceptable" for women to be bi curious than it is for men to be so.

So many good movies, so little time.
The male praying mantis cannot copulate while its head is attached to its body. The female initiates sex by ripping the males head off.

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."- Groucho Marx

Originally Posted by JBriscoe
they began that show in Jerry's apartment

Ahh ok. Was always so sure it began in a parkade.

A pregnant goldfish is called a twit.

One of the reasons marijuana is illegal today is because cotton growers in the 1930's lobbied against hemp farmers -- they saw it as competition. It is not as chemically addictive as is nicotine, alcohol, or caffeine.

The phrase "rule of thumb" is derived from an old English law which stated that you couldn't beat your wife with anything wider than your thumb.

In Alaska, it's against the law to throw a moose out of a moving Airplane.

I happen to rule

According to Linus you shouldn't eat December snowflakes; they aren't ready yet.
"You have to believe in God before you can say there are things that man was not meant to know. I don't think there's anything man wasn't meant to know. There are just some stupid things that people shouldn't do." -David Cronenberg

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
A peanut is neither a pea nor a nut.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Originally Posted by JBriscoe
http://pomonahistorical.org/12times.htm