The 27th General Hall of Fame

Tools    

Love Kill Bill, but I wasn’t going to vote for both. Thought one would be higher but this is quite a jump and that surprises me.

Wall-E is another really good Pixar that I saw once, liked, but didn’t vote for.
Wrong thread, buddy

Siddon's post gives me an idea: what about a Personal Revenge Hall of Fame? We could all be paired with someone who chose a film we didn't like. One person then chooses a movie they know the other person won't like to spite them while the other does the same for the bad review they received.

Ha, wondered what the heck Cricket was talking about. Although I am a creep.
So what the hell are you doing here? You don't belong here.

Siddon's post gives me an idea: what about a Personal Revenge Hall of Fame? We could all be paired with someone who chose a film we didn't like. One person then chooses a movie they know the other person won't like to spite them while the other does the same for the bad review they received.
there would finally be a home for all my favourite films that are too inaccessible to consider nominating in regular halls.

I remember Happy Gilmore being one of the few Sandler films I didn't hate. Not sure if it would hold up as I haven't seen it in a very long time though.

I do occasionally say "The price is wrong, bitch!" at work when we have to re-tag things haha.

If this isn't a joke, I'm cool with it.

Baby Face (Alfred E. Green, 1933)
My one sentence review of Baby Face would read "Lily Powers did nothing wrong." but I can't get away with just writing that lol. I guess I'll start with the couple negative points I have: 1) It hasn't much going on visually and, I suppose I've only really seen a select few films from the time, but I've come to expect 30's films to have really slick camerawork and this didn't really give me that (though the visual representation of her working her way up the corporate ladder via the bank windows was a nice touch) and 2) the ending is a bit sudden and the moral feels very shoehorned. Barbara Stanwyck completely carries this whole film on her back. What a queen . The whole film is just her being the absolute coolest and we stan. Loved it.

Today I rewatched Raiders of the Lost Ark on blu ray. I had seen it before multiple times, most recently in August of 2020 on the big screen at the local cinema. It still holds up really well. Raiders of the Lost Ark is a thrilling, fun adventure with a fantastic performance by Harrison Ford. It's truly iconic and memorable. There are lots of great moments here. The score is fantastic and the film is a rollicking blast. This is a smart, enjoyable and entertaining blockbuster that takes viewers on a wild and satisfying ride. Great pick!

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
pretty sure Phoenix and i dropped our Apocalypse Now reviews like seconds apart lmao it was definitely calculated.
Annnnd 3 Baby Face in a row.
spectres of the Twilight Zone HoF seem to be seeping in lol

Baby Face (Alfred E. Green, 1933)
Imdb

Date Watched: 01/17/21
Rewatch: No.

I came into this viewing last night with very low expectations. I don't have a very good history with watching movies from the 30s, I don't have a very good history with watching movies nominated by edarsenal, and so far my experience watching movies in this Hall of Fame has not exactly been good.

But I actually had a good time with this. I don't know how much of that is because of those low expectations but this was good. I might've appreciated more development of some of the supporting characters (we don't really get to know anybody but Lily), but on the other hand the lack of that helped to keep the pace snapping along. I also quite liked the concept of someone turning their s***ty circumstances around and becoming the predator rather than the prey and the way that the movie didn't really vilify her actions.

I don't know if this is something I'll ever want to revisit, but for it was an enjoyable one time experience at least.

-
And THAT is good enough to make me smile.
Yayyyy

Love Kill Bill, but I wasn’t going to vote for both. Thought one would be higher but this is quite a jump and that surprises me.

Wall-E is another really good Pixar that I saw once, liked, but didn’t vote for.
Someone been creeping
Wrong thread, buddy
Hey, look! Sean did an ed!! lol

Annnnd 3 Baby Face in a row.
They weren't posted immediately after each other though; there were posts in between. So it's not part of the ongoing conspiracy. At least, not that we're aware of.

They weren't posted immediately after each other though; there were posts in between. So it's not part of the ongoing conspiracy. At least, not that we're aware of.

that's what they want you to think